1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cho Gue-sung

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Nov 30, 2022.

Discuss Cho Gue-sung in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

No offence taken bud, what you need to remember is I'm a cantankerous grumpy * who jumps to conclusions often wrongly.

Just a vibe I' getting from the deal and player, just not feeling it.

If we sign him and he scores a hat trick against the hun I'll also deny I ever said anything negative about him.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I did not know of this friendship tidbit. In a video of his presser, Jo mentioned how Jae-sung spoke to him a lot. The fact that Mainz haven't landed Jo despite the friendship of him and JS must mean they indeed can't afford to. TBH, Jo should have clearly stated his preferences. Maybe Mainz would have broken the bank, and taken financial risk, but this way, the guy is stuck.

3. StevieBhoooy!

I appreciate the confirmation..

☘️

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Its always the ones that go on to be the poorer signings that drag on

Mr Shelby likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Or don't sign at all.

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

BBCCECB8-D7BD-4808-9379-C5080F6A2449.jpeg

Mr Shelby, oh bhoy and Twisty like this.
  8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    The ones that drag on don't usually sign

See McGinn, John

Luis1967 likes this.
  9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Ah I get you :56:

Yeah that’s true but Turnbull dragged a fair bit. Even Jota took a fair bit but who knows whether he was always going to sign permanently or if he was mulling over other offers. Some take time some are done under the radar. This one feels like we will just keep going until he goes somewhere else or we are priced out.

Ziggy likes this.
  10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Giakoumakis also did not jump at our call. Pretty much everyone else in the Ange era came without much fuss, though? It definitely makes the player look better in the eyes of the fans if there was no need for a protracted negotiation.

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Aye GG wanted to go to Germany as well and was on off on off

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If Werder hadn't been in the 2. Bundesliga that season, he'd have gone to them. Kind of feeling Jo's in a similar boat. He probably wants an Europa League club from the top 5 leagues to come for him. Such an offer isn't on the table. In fact, his close friend's club probably can't afford him. Otherwise this would be over a week ago.
    But Ange hasn't demanded we move on. He obviously thinks this player can be persuaded- since we didn't switch like we had from McGree to O'Riley.

13. Big C

It’s all hear say and the usual media nonsense at the moment. My thoughts are if it was unlikely to happen or the player was stalling Ange would pull the plug. He’s always said if a player doesn’t want to be here, then * off (slight poetic license there). It seems like we have progressed so far in our transfer dealings since Ange has been here that, we would not be held to ransom by any player or agent. Just don’t let GG go before we have a replacement.

stew37 and Luis1967 like this.
  14. CountyDownFaithful

Seen the quotes saying he is weighing up whether it’s better for him to move now or in the summer. Surely sense will prevail and he will push for a move now.

Anything can happen in football. Injuries, drop off in form, clubs move on to different targets. Any moves on the table right now aren’t guaranteed to be there in the summer. His stock won’t be higher than now after the WC.

Plus if he moves now, 6 months to settle in so he can hit the ground running next season.

Looks like he would be a cracking signing from what I’ve seen (admittedly just YT clips). Similar movement and link up play to Kyogo but taller and stronger.

Kyogo playing in the hole behind him would be cracking to watch.

15. Sentinel

Have you seen the weather outside!?

16. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Wow!!! What a bizarre take on it. He's anything but desperate to come here. He's clearly using us to drum up interest and clearly wants some midtable pish from epl to come in for him.
    Of the 3 clubs that are in for him, 1 can't afford him and 1 is in a continent he has no interest in going to. So that leaves us as only realistic option so now realising this he says he thinks he'd rather stay in South Korea for another few months. There couldn't be a clearer message that he doesnt want to come here

Taylor1 likes this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Cho Gyu-seong (24), the 'hot potato' in the winter transfer market, is struggling deeply ahead of the transfer.

Cho Kyu-seong, who scored multiple goals against Ghana at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, instantly rose to stardom. In addition to his outstanding aerial competition ability, and his good looks, his social media followers quickly surpassed 2 million.

Cho Kyu-sung received interest from many European teams immediately after the World Cup, and FSV Mainz (Germany), including Celtic (Scotland), who had shown interest from before, put in offers directly.

Cho Kyu-seong is deeply troubled. He said, "I haven't heard anything specific. I heard that they are negotiating, but I'm thinking about the specific plan, whether it's good to go in January or summer. I talked to director Park Ji-seong, director Kim Sang-sik, and my agent, and in what direction. I wonder if it would be better if I go,” he said.

Currently, Jeonbuk's director Park Ji-sung is directly involved in the transfer of Cho Kyu-sung. British media Evening Standard said, "Director Ji-Sung Park is negotiating with Mainz in London" and is pushing for the transfer of his junior.

Director Park Ji-sung's thoughts, however, are that he wants Cho to go to Europe in the summer instead of going out in the winter.

Cho Kyu-seong also said, "First of all, he says that he respects my choice. That's why I'm so grateful."

This comes from the experience Park Ji-sung had as a player. Park Ji-sung, who rose to stardom at the 2002 Korea-Japan World Cup, reigned as an ace at the Purple Shopping Center in Kyoto.

Park Ji-sung made a big success with one goal and one assist in the 2003 New Year's Day final, giving Kyoto the only championship trophy. Afterwards, he joined PSV Eindhoven under manager Guus Hiddink.

A difficult time came for Park Ji-sung, who entered the Dutch Ereviddiji.

Park Ji-sung, who failed to adapt, performed poorly and was booed by home fans, not away fans. For that reason, coach Hiddink made Park Ji-sung play only in away games for a while.

Through several interviews afterwards, Park Ji-sung remembers that time as a very painful time. Through the middle of the 2003/04 season, the following season, Ji-Sung Park made a big success and was recognized by the home fans and established himself as a perfect starter in the 2004/05 season.

Unlike Europe, which applies the autumn and winter system, due to the nature of the East Asian league, which applies the spring and autumn system, transfers in the winter transfer market during the season are burdensome for players. The season is over for the player himself, but when he transfers, the season is in full swing in Europe.

Cho Kyu-seong is also aware of this. He said, “When it comes to winter, the players of the team have prepared together, and now I have to raise my body. I think it's okay, so I'm thinking about how long they'll wait."

The choice is made by Cho Kyu-sung himself. However, attention is being paid to the remaining transfer market as to how the advice of legendary director Park Ji-sung, who has gone through a similar case, will affect Cho Kyu-sung's transfer.

18. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    His agent Park Ji Sung played against us at Parkhead I'm sure when Naka scored that free kick. Wishful thinking but hopefully he's told Cho how mental the atmosphere is in the CL and sways him. (I'm aware money is the biggest factor though).

Hope N Ur Heart likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Bit boring now.

It was said he'd be ready to.make a decision by this weekend. Despite it only being the 13th tomorrow I'd rather we didn't waste loads of time on him. Surely we will have a steer by the end of this week.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Ange will pull the ejector cord as and when required. To that end I’m comfortable we’re not getting the pish ripped out us by the guy.

If GG leaves it becomes a more immediate issue but for now it’s calm and there’s time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.