1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Charly Musonda

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 29, 2018.

Discuss Charly Musonda in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Might take him a month to settle in to the team but its clear as day he’s a game changing player that can come up with that moment of magic.

This will be the perfect time for Moussa to pick up his form as well.

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Interview with Sky Sports

3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Looks a really intelligent boy too. He's made the transfer window for me.

bagforlife and CookieMonster like this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    No having that one :56:

6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

NEW Bhoy Charly Musonda said he was stunned by the reception the Celtic fans gave him on Tuesday night when he made his Hoops debut at Paradise. The 21-year-old Belgian completed his 18-month loan move from Chelsea on Monday, and just 24 hours later, he came off the bench to rapturous applause in Celtic’s 3-1 win over Hearts in the Scottish Premiership.

Speaking to the media today, Musonda reflected on his first game in the Hoops and the welcome he received at Paradise.

“The crowd at Real Betis was good but it doesn’t compare to what I experienced yesterday,” the new Celt said. “It was unbelievable to get such a reception. It was great. It was amazing to play here in front of the fans for the first time at Celtic Park and I got a wonderful reception. I didn’t think it would be that loud.

“It shows how much they care about me already and I’m really grateful for that. I look forward to playing more games at Celtic Park.”

And Musonda also admitted that Brendan Rodgers was a major factor in committing himself to the Hoops.

“Once I heard Brendan Rodgers was at Celtic and that Celtic wanted me, it was a no-brainer,” said Musonda. “Brendan Rodgers being the manager here was quite important to my decision. I spoke with him and I know how good he’s been with young players, especially here.

“I have a manger now who has developed a lot of good players. This is perfect, Celtic is a big club and has a good manager as well. Celtic is a team that needs to win and, as a youngster coming from a team like Chelsea, it’s the same type of pressure.

“I’m at a big club now and I’m really happy to have the opportunity to be at a big club like Celtic at 21 years of age and to be able to play here is a dream for me.”

bagforlife and The IRA like this.
  7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Seen he’s unfollowed and deleted everything relating to Chelsea from his social media and Chelsea fans are going mental :giggle1:

bagforlife and McChiellini.. like this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Chelsea getting pumped 3-0 at home by Bournemouth.

Arses collapsing without this lad.

bagforlife and Murph-E like this.
  9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

100% lack of musonda evident there in that performance

bagforlife and Mr Shelby like this.
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

11. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Comes across really well in that interview, humble but confident if that makes any sense.... :39:

12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Good lad happy to be playing games.

13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

CHARLY MUSONDA says he came to Celtic because it was the nearest high-pressure environment to Chelsea to further his career.

The 21-year-old made his Celtic debut against Hearts on Tuesday after signing an 18-month loan deal from the London giants.

And he said the size of Celtic was what swung the move north.

He said: “It’s about being wanted and appreciated and this is a club where there’s a lot of pressure.

“If you’re playing for Chelsea the closest thing is to come to Celtic because this is just as big, with pressure games.

“This is a big club — last year Celtic drew with Manchester City. I haven’t come here to relax and to be at ease.

“There’s pressure, but this is football and this is what I do — I like to play for big teams in big games.

“I’ve always played for big clubs. I’ve played for Chelsea, I’ve played for Anderlecht and I’ve also been to Real Betis.

“These are big teams where you are expected to play well.

“I’m not thinking about things long term. I’m looking to the moment and being at this great club. I want to enjoy myself here.

“Chelsea’s view was for me to go and play, develop myself and enjoy my football. They were sure I’d enjoy coming here so they were happy with the move.

“There were a few options but when I said I wanted to go to Celtic they understood why and they were happy to let me go.”

Musonda revealed his rivalry with Patrick Roberts was a factor in his decision to move to Celtic Park — but more important was boss Brendan Rodgers’ ability to develop young players.

He said: “Patrick and I were rivals — we used to play against one another all the time in games like the Youth Cup final.

“When I came here the first thing I did was to speak to him, to tell him I was happy and excited to play with him. He said the same thing about me and that he was looking forward to us playing together.

“I almost came to Celtic last summer.

“It wasn’t done then but I spoke to the manager again in January and I knew this time that I’d be coming.

“There were a lot of things going on last summer which stopped me coming.

“First of all I had to sign a new contract at Chelsea before being able to leave them and I had to take a long time to think about that.

“But playing for Celtic was never in any doubt for me — even at that stage and even though I’d other options.

“I’ve spoken with Brendan Rodgers and have a good relationship with him. He’s developed quite a few other young players over the years, going back to Scott Sinclair with Swansea.

“There were also top- quality, high-profile players like Philippe Coutinho and Raheem Sterling, and here there’s Patrick Roberts and Kieran Tierney, who’s an absolutely fantastic player for someone so young.

“It’s great to see the trust he has in young players so, for me, it was a no-brainer to come to Parkhead. It’s a dream for me to work with Brendan Rodgers.

“My main aim here is simple — I want to progress as a player. I’ll give it the best I can give and then, over the years, mature into a world-class player.

“I have the talent to do that so I just want to enjoy my football.”

Musonda has played for Belgium at all youth levels up to Under-21 but concedes making Roberto Martinez’s World Cup finals squad is beyond him at present.

He said: “The World Cup isn’t on my radar. I’m not thinking about international football at all right now.

“Obviously, if I do well at a big club like Celtic then anything can happen but the most important thing for me is to enjoy the next few months.

“There are two domestic competitions to be won and hopefully we can do well in the Europa League. After that I’ll go on holiday and come back ready to prepare for life here next season.

“I’m well aware that last year the team won a Treble and this season we can try and repeat that.”

Musonda spent a year on loan at Real Betis but after returning still found first-team chances difficult at Chelsea.

He’s made just three Premier League appearances — all as sub — this season, but insisted: “It’s not about having a fair chance.

“At this stage of my development I have to be lucky to get games, especially at a club like Chelsea.

“Without having the games I’ve had this season at Chelsea I wouldn’t be here at Celtic. You have to accept it and you have to be patient.

“I’m still very young. I went to Chelsea at 15 so it takes many years to break through.

“Most of the players who play there are transfers who come at 24 or 25 — people at the peaks of their careers.

JC Anton likes this.
  15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

PC from yesterday

16. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    you can tell what he's going to bring to this Celtic team from that little compilation versus Hearts there , very exciting player with a touch of class.

17. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Can't wait to unleash this wee Provo on the SPL.

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Better every time you see it

[​IMG]

19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

20. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Off to the Silverburn to spend some of that 40k a week ?