1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Charly Musonda

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 29, 2018.

Discuss Charly Musonda in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. duffyfaedenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Welcome Charly Bhoy now go out and run rings round hearts tonight.

bagforlife likes this.
  2. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye,gone yer self big man and welcome to Celtic

Good luck

3. shaunm

What's his best position?left or right footed?never saw him play,do we have option to buy?

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I used to feel the same about Loan deals. The thing is though, the bigger players that want to move down south only stay a year or two anyways.
    All we're missing out on is the potential sell on fee .. which we don’t * spend anyways so no biggie.

6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers has revealed Celtic new-boy Charly Musonda was a target for Real Madrid.

The Chelsea ace is set to go straight into tonight’s Ladbrokes Premiership clash against Hearts after completing an 18-month loan deal.

Rodgers believes the capture of Musonda is a major coup for both Celtic and Scottish football.

The 21-year-old is rated as a huge European talent having also spent time in la Liga with Real Betis.

Rodgers says Musonda’s form in Spain led to serious interest in the Belgian from Real Madrid and a shock move from the Bernabeu superclub.

He said: “I remember talking to Chelsea about him last year and the guys there were telling me that when he played for Real Betis against Real Madrid.

“The day after Real Madrid tried to buy him from Chelsea.

“That is the talent that he has. He is quality.

“He has this remarkable skill and quality and he has speed with it as well. He’s one of those ones who excites you.

“Charley is the sort of boy who has an intent and a purpose to his game, he tries to be progressive and he carries the ball well.

“He can dribble and he also has a lovely weight of pass.

“Charly is a young guy who is in a Premier League squad and an exciting player. He had 24 clubs interested in taking him and some real prestigious clubs at that.

“It is a great coup for Celtic and for Scottish football that a young kid who was coming off the bench for Chelsea in the Premier League is up here a couple of weeks later.

“It is a big signing for us and it helps that he’s a very bright, super-intelligent lad.

“When you speak to him you can sense that through his ability to communicate.

“Plus his father was a top player until he got injured. Frank Arnesen, who was a great player himself, told me that Charley’s dad had been an outstanding talent, so he comes from a good pedigree.”

Musonda has a huge reputation at Stamford Bridge, but Rodgers said: “There’s always room for improvement in every player, whether they are 21 or 31, but he’s had that loan experience and he’s been in and around the Chelsea first team.

“I first noticed him around three years ago when he was involved in the youth cup with Chelsea, along with Moussa [Dembele] and Patrick Roberts and those boys.

“I have constant relations with Chelsea and his name was obviously mentioned in those circles, so I’ve been aware of him for a few years.

“He’s travelled, he’s been to Betis, where it’s a bit warmer than here mind, so he’s had that top level La Liga experience.

“We’re not getting him at 17 or 18 on a first loan, he’s a 21-year-old guy who has been living in Britain for a number of years.

“He’s got experience and now he’s hungry to really show consistently that he can play and perform.”

With Musonda signed, Rodgers is now hunting more faces before the close of the transfer window, including back-up for No.1 Craig Gordon, who is facing 12 weeks out of action with a knee injury.

Rodgers has been pouring over a variety of options, while negotiations are still ongoing with Dundee over a move for defender Jack Hendry.

The manager has also indicated there will be no more movement out of the club with a raft of injuries having hit the squad.

Rodgers said: “I don’t anticipate anyone else going out at this point. I would suspect not.

“I talked earlier in the window about the door being revolving and, with the likes of Liam Henderson going out and Erik Sviatchenko being out on loan as well as Connor Hazard, we’ve actually got 16 players at the minute because we’ve got nine injuries. That’s where we’re at.”

7. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Still need more signings but really excited about this

8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

CHARLY Musonda admits the prospect of working under Brendan Rodgers at a crucial stage in his burgeoning career was a key factor in moving to Paradise.

The Hoops boss is a long-time admirer of the hugely-talented 21-year-old, and he was thrilled to secure his services for the next 18 months on loan from Chelsea.

And the attacking midfielder also holds the Irishman in high esteem, especially given his track record in developing young players.

Speaking to Celtic TV, Musonda said: “He is a good influence on young players and is a good manager, winning the treble last year with Celtic, so it’s both – a great manager and a big club, and it’s the perfect match.

“The manager told me that Celtic is like a family club, so I am very happy to be here. At this stage of my career, the most important thing for me to enjoy my football and what better place to do that than at Celtic Park and in this environment. I am very happy to be here. This is a special moment.

“This is a big club and it’s going to be a big challenge for me to play here,” continued the new Bhoy. “Many players have come from English teams to perform here. I know many of them and it will be exciting to play with them so I am looking forward to it.

The Belgium Under-21 internationalist is one of the hottest young talents in European football, and he can’t wait to display his array of tricks and skills to the Celtic fans.

“They can expect to see a player who enjoys football, who is not afraid to show his quality and a bit of flair as well,” he said. “I like to enjoy myself on the pitch and hopefully I can do well for the team, which is the most important thing.

“This is a big club and they can expect a player who is always happy, and I will try to give my best for the fans.”

Musonda, who will wear the number 67, will also have the chance to experience European football at Celtic, starting with next month’s UEFA Europa League last-32 clash with Zenit St Petersburg.

And should the Bhoys secure a seventh successive title then attention will turn to qualifying for the Champions League again in the summer.

“I am really looking forward to it,” said Musonda. “I have seen quite a few Celtic games in the Champions League on TV and the atmosphere is unbelievable, so it would be a dream for me to play at Celtic Park on a European night and hopefully I will do well.”

9. Cbhoy67

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

This is a * quality signing, big money will be spent as well on getting him here and wages. Can’t wait to see him rip it up, front line of-
    Dembele
    Sinclair Musonda Roberts
    :35:

Sno'sLeftFoot likes this.
  11. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Ill be honest mate i think thats absolute bollocks, think loan fee will be nearer 2m, our record transfer is 6m we aint gonna shell that out for a loan signing haha

Twisty likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye but it’s not true.

The IRA likes this.
  13. Cbhoy67

Original article here....

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.hln.be/de-krant/musonda-1-5-jaar-naar-celtic~af157afd/&edit-text=&act=url

Those figures are in Euros.

45k EUR = £40k a week
    6m EUR = £5.2m
    9.3m EUR = £8.2m / £111k a week.

The article says nearly 6m Euro in rent so I'd imagine that's meant as a £5m loan fee based on GBP to EUR exchange rates.

£5m loan fee
    £40k a week

Perhaps it is true? I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

There’s no we we’ve paid anywhere near £5 million on a loan fee.

The IRA likes this.
  15. Cbhoy67

Anyone remember how much loan fee we paid for Paddy?

16. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    2-3m loan fee and a good chunk of his 40k pw wage would be my guess for Musonda jr.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

£6 million, pay a few more and we could get him outright fs.

18. Cbhoy67

If Dembele is worth £20m in Scotland playing for Celtic, I would imagine Musonda is worth £30m on the bench at Chelsea?

Regardless, top signing, there are some very irate Chelsea fans angry at their board right now for letting him go.

Doubt we will ever find out the agreed fees other than just pure speculation and false reporting.

19. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    To buy him outright your talking 15 to 20m and you would need to offer about 60k to 70k wages clear...

20. jamiebhoy67

So hes defo playing tonihht then? I would start him