1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League 2023/24

Discussion in 'World Football' started by The Prof, Jul 16, 2023.

Discuss Champions League 2023/24 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

They were crackers to be fair.

AdamRS likes this.
  2. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I'm glad we don't have Bayern, didn't expect them to completely annihilate Zagreb. Don't usually see scores that horrendous in the groups stage. Over the last few years we've faced some of the best teams in the world and didn't get crushed so badly. That's the sort of score I'm hoping for when the Huns have to play top opposition from England like man Utd and is it also Tottenham they have? Hope big Ange has them well fired up for that one. Hope for his trademark we don't stop brand of football when the Huns meet again. We with Ange destroyed them with a team worth a fraction of the cost of the current Tottenham squad.

3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Are they trying to beat sevcosvrecord?

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

4. themouth1888

The gap is getting bigger between the top teams and the smaller ones. That's one of the reasons why I was so big about us getting some players in. Could we still have won the league without these players? Probably yes, but you would have got badly found out in Europe, and as a fan, it's no fun watching that.

We ain't gonna win anything in Europe, but we are in a much better position to put up a fight now and get some points. This earns celtic more money and puts us in the shop window for better players, which in turn gives you better potential for higher fees when they leave.

5. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Kane overtaken him. If Bayern win all in Germany and also the champions league this year (they won’t) I can see Kane getting the ballon d’or

6. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Think with new format there is much more likelyhood of seeing scores like last night.

Zagreb are a pot 3 team. Imagine what likes of Bayern will do to some of the pot 4 teams.

That result last night is good for us bcoz we are likely to be in mix with Zagreb when it comes to qualifying so them having a massive negative goal difference is good news

7. Sentinel

Not sure any of them were penalties. The first one maybe, but the next 2 were soft as *.

8. kenniemk2

Doesn’t look like it’s gonna be a good season for Dutch teams in this competition so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't mind Feyernoord, but I haven't watched them in a while. Leverkusen will probably do well with this format.