1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Women’s Team

Discussion in 'Celtic F.C. Women' started by ddub11, Mar 27, 2019.

Discuss Celtic Women’s Team in the Celtic F.C. Women area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kenniemk2

U would think having cl they would try keep the better players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    There is no money in the women's Champions League, and US football pays really well. Even if we did offer her what she was earning at Liverpool, US will pay more.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hopefully see some business soon. Huns have already had a bunch of their better players singing new deals, and they've made a loan deal for a Villa player permanent.

4. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We did extend the contracts of a number of the Ghirls towards the end of last season, although obviously, this is the first full window with Elena Sadiku at the helm, so she naturally will want to bring in some new players to freshen up the league winning squad she inherited.

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

We are delighted to announce preparation for the 2024/25 campaign is well underway following the signing of Hibernian midfielder Shannon McGregor.

The 24-year-old joins the Hoops from fellow SWPL side Hibernian, putting pen to paper on a three-year deal at Paradise.

The central midfielder moves to Glasgow following a seven year stay in the capital, having initially joined from Aberdeen.

A life-long Celtic fan, McGregor enjoyed a successful spell with Hibernian where she lifted two League Cups and a Scottish Cup.

The newest addition to Elena Sadiku’s side also brings UEFA Women’s Champions League experience to the squad from her time with the Edinburgh side, where she also spent time playing alongside the likes of current Celts Colette Cavanagh and Amy Gallacher.

Alongside her experience at club level, McGregor also boasts international caps at youth level for Scotland, picking up 12 caps for the under-19s side.

Reacting to the move, Head Coach Elena Sadiku expressed her delight, stating: "I’m really excited to have Shannon onboard for the next couple of years.

'She’s the right player when it comes to her quality as a player and with the right mindset to contribute, and help the team to achieve more success.'

Everyone at Celtic would like to welcome Shannon to Paradise, and we look forward to seeing her pulling on the Hoops for the coming season.

6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

We may just be at the early stages of June, but preparation for Celtic FC Women is already well underway as Elena Sadiku welcomed her first summer signing to the club.

The Swedish boss has quickly made the move to add to her squad for the 2024/25 campaign, bringing Shannon McGregor to the club.

The midfielder moves to Paradise from fellow SWPL side Hibernian, where she spent the last seven years making over 100 appearances for the capital side.

As a life-long Celtic supporter, it is a dream come true to make the move to join the Ghirls as she puts pen to paper on a three-year deal at Celtic Park.

Speaking in her first exclusive interview with Celtic TV, McGregor insisted she is already excited to get going for the new season as she gears up to pull on the Hoops for the first time.

She said: “First of all, I just wanted to say that this is a dream come true for me. I’m a huge Celtic fan, so I’m over the moon.

“I’m really looking forward to getting going as a Celtic player. It’s going to be a huge change for me, but it’s something I am really looking forward to doing.

‘The club set up seems to be amazing. I’ve been talking to all the guys here, so it just sounds amazing.’

“I’ve always looked at Celtic as a team where I really like the style of play and I feel like I could see myself fitting in.

“That style of play of attacking and positive play going forward.”

Alongside coming up against the Celts on a number of occasions during her time in the capital, the midfielder will also be familiar with a number of faces amongst the current Celtic squad.

Playing alongside both Colette Cavanagh and Amy Gallacher with Hibernian, the newest signing boasts Champions League experience, which will be another useful addition to the squad.

After speaking with Elena Sadiku at length ahead of her move to Glasgow, McGregor is looking forward to getting back to work in the summer ahead of her first season with the club.

“I think everyone who knows me would say I’m very hard working and determined,” she said. “I’ll give one-hundred percent every game.”

“I know some of the girls really well from my time at Hibernian. I was really close with Amy Gallacher when she was there.

“I also know Colette Cavanagh so it’s great to have those girls, which will help me settle in a little bit more because it will be really new for me.

“I’m really looking forward to getting another taste of Champions League football. I think that is something that, at this point in my career, I wanted to succeed towards.

“Coming to Celtic was a huge part of that. I really enjoyed playing in the competition with Hibs, and now I can’t wait to do that with Celtic.

“I had a great chat with Elena. We’ve had a few long chats, and they’ve been great. I think she likes the mentality of players, and I believe I have that sort of mentality going forward.”

'I just can’t wait to get going. I’m really looking forward to pre-season. I’m one of those players who actually enjoys pre-season.'

“A lot of people don’t like that side of things, which I’m quite grateful for. I enjoy fitness and stuff like that, so I am really looking forward to it.”

HoopyT likes this.
  7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

8. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    Don't like the sound of this upcoming 10 team league with a top 6, bottom 4 split, that's just * ridiculous.

Either play the full 36 games or leave the league as it is now.

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I figured the 10 team league was just 36 games. What is this set up? Personally thought the current set up works really well.

10. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    They play each other home and away once for 18 games then split into a top 6 and bottom 4.

Top 6 plays each other home and away again for a 28 game season and the bottom 4 do the same for a 24 game season.

It's the dumbest league set up I've ever heard off.

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    My guess is lots of the seams have complained that it costs too much to run the women's team and it's a cost cutting measure, cutting 6 to 8 games off the calendar.

12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic FC Women are pleased to announce the signing of talented youngster Amy Richardson, who becomes the Hoops’ second summer recruit.

The 18-year-old makes the move to Paradise, signing a three-year deal with the club after making the move from south of the border.

The left-sided defender, who has mainly occupied the full-back position, joins the Celts having spent time in the Academy set-up of Women’s Super League side, Everton.

Alongside her time spent in the Academy and at times training with the first-team, Richardson has also picked up experience at senior level.

Last campaign, she spent the season with Liverpool Feds in the FA Women’s National League North on a dual registration from the Merseyside club.

In recent years, the defender has also picked up plenty of experience on the international stage, representing Wales at youth level, most recently being called up for the Under-19 squad.

Elena Sadiku knows the player from her time spent with the English side, and the Celtic Head Coach made the move to bring the talented full-back to Glasgow as her second signing of the summer.

Commenting on the move, Elena Sadiku said: “Amy is a really good young player who has the potential to become great with her skills and the mentality of being the best she can be every day.

"I have already coached her during my time at Everton so it’s going to be great to have her in the team and see her develop in our environment."

13. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Had a weird dream last night that Elena Sadiku took over the mens team.

Won't be too long surely before we see a woman managing in a top division though I reckon, long as they got the right skills, ideas and attitude for the job then no reason why they shouldn't tbh.

14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think it's a long way off to be honest. I think Sutton United are the only pro mens team with a female manager. If we see an assistant manager in the premier league in the next 10 years I'll be shocked.

The reality is there will be a lot of players who won't respect them for being female. Which is sad but I think it's true.

15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

17. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are delighted to announce the double signing of twin sisters, Signe and Mathilde Carstens, who arrive as the latest addition to Elena Sadiku’s Celtic FC Women's squad.

Both Signe and Mathilde have put pen to paper on a two-year deal at Paradise, joining up with the Hoops ahead of the 2024/25 campaign.

Arriving from their homeland in Denmark, the 22-year-olds have made the move from Fortuna Hjørring.

Mathilde is known for her direct and technical skill in attacking areas, whilst Signe will add more options to the centre of the pitch for the Ghirls.

Having come through the academy at Fortuna Hjørring, both players arrive with experience on the domestic and international fronts.

Alongside playing for the first-team on a number of occasions domestically, they have also featured in the UEFA Women’s Champions League, including the Danish side’s last 16 tie against Barcelona in 2021.

Expressing her delight about the move, Elena Sadiku said: "I’m so happy that Mathilde and Signe chose to join Celtic.

"It truly shows that players abroad believe in our vision and what we want to achieve in the upcoming seasons.”

Speaking on their individual qualities, the Celtic Head Coach continued: “Signe is a great player with exceptional in-game understanding and technical ability on the ball, while Mathilde, with her outstanding dribbling ability, will enhance our game with both assists and goals."

There will be some familiar faces for the sisters upon their arrival at Celtic, with the duo having spent time working with Elena Sadiku during her time at Fortuna. They have also played alongside goalkeeper, Kelsey Daugherty.

More recently, both Signe and Mathilde also received call-ups for the Danish Under-23 squad in February, adding to their international experience at youth level.

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    No way are they 22, 12 maybe.