1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Celtic V Aberdeen Saturday October 19th kick off 3PM Celtic Tv

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Oct 6, 2024.

Discuss Celtic V Aberdeen Saturday October 19th kick off 3PM Celtic Tv in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

Our two old Achilles heels raised their head for this team again today, very poor finishing/decision making in front of goal and a lack of concentration leading to panic.

Everything about that game says Celtic should have won by at least 2 goals if not more. Forrest alone played about half an hour and should have had a hat trick, Idah should have had a couple, Kyogo another, Engels at least one.

The two goals we lost were defensive basics the first Scales has no idea where Sokler is and McGrath has far too much space and time. The second Maeda is poor then Trusty has to be out quicker to the ball but it’s massively lucky as I don’t think it’s going in without the deflection. Clarkson had a big chance first half and that’s again poor from Johnston diving in, he doesn’t do that then it’s likely a nothing situation.

Aberdeen showed a lot of heart and fight, but good football was few and far between, they had a 15-20 min spell at the start of the second half, were second best for most of the rest and got a lot of good fortune.

- Good fortune that a few of our efforts were right at Mitov, when either side by a foot and it’s a goal.
    - the block on the line at the end really should have been checked in more depth, yet again Greg Aitken very quick on a penalty shout for us, when it is contentious at best that the ball hitting a players arm who has made himself bigger stops the ball going in the net.
    - the first half they have a number of players pulling ours back to stop attacks going unpunished so they can keep doing it.
    - I know we got 11 extra minutes but that last 25 minutes of regular time you are lucky if the ball is in play for 10 of it. They had 5 or 6 stoppages for players with cramp, 5 sub breaks, two VAR reviews.
    - their second goal is a massive deflection that isn’t going in otherwise.
    - we had an over 3 xG and a 2xG goal differential games like that tend to finish in a team dishing out a comfortable victory and scoring 3 or more likely more goals.

Fair play they got a point from that game and it’s the one time that counts but you play that out a number of times and more often than not they get a doing. Their fortune is due to run out in a game soon as they have been ridding it for a number of games now.

That was more a 3-1, 4-1 or 5-2 to us than a 2-2. However, football is a low scoring game and these things happen. We need to be more ruthless at 2-0 they were all over the place and we should have put the game away before half time.

Also see all the talk of a shift and tactical change, when teams throw forwards on like that, it will leave space, we need to get better (and this would help us in Europe) of being solid in a mid block and using the front 3’s pace to kill teams off. At 2-0 them making the changes they did should have resulted in us winning that game 4 or 5 by exploiting the space it would have created, instead we came out slack and were off it. I actually think developing that side of our game would be a logical next step to us getting better. Either that come out like we did second half against Slovan Bratislava and really go for them.

charlietully and Wee Baldy like this.
  2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Yeah sometimes two teams just put on a show and I think this was one of these games. Aberdeen honestly look the real deal but they wont be avle to keep that up if they get a couple of injuries.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

3. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There best player this season was out yesterday, and they made about 4 subs that made a real difference, being able to change it up but not drop the quality levels of the * they were replacing. They aren’t in Europe to put stress on the squad with 3 games a week.

I think they have the depth. They’re 25 unbeaten now. Arrogant if we look at that and think thats not something that can compete with us, we have a tendency to think anyone but us in our leagues just *. They’re matching us right now.

FranceCelt likes this.
  4. kenniemk2

The Aberdeen train will slow down when they meet rangers the refs will make sure of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    If Aberden play as they did yesterday they will have players red carded. I lost count of the number of fouls they committed yesterday before they ever got a yellow. No doubt whatever hun loving ref they will get for their game against the huns won't be as lenient with them and you can bet your bottom dollar that a similar incident to our penalty claim will be awarded

singer61 and DonnyCelt like this.
  6. Bratfurdbhoy1

Worth remembering every now and again Aberdeen just like any other team will get a result at Celtic Park. Just it's a bit more focus as they are joint top. Remember the League isn't won in October to quote big Ange. Not seen the game but since CCV has been out the shipping of goals is the biggest concern. Tighten that up , then the show goes on domestically.

singer61 likes this.
  7. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    I said it from before we signed him. I think he's * and just happened to have a purple patch on loan to us. £9m? * *. Couldnae trap a bag of cement.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Was mental the number of times we got in behind their midfield and they just fouled from behind, probably happened about 12 times, the guys that all got booked for it got away with another 1 or 2 each it seemed.

The number 6 done about 4 I felt. The guy who got booked for doing it to Valle did it to him twice and the first one was even worse.

They could have had about 12 yellow cards yesterday as all the fouls seemed to be the same just the ref thought he couldn't keep booking them every 2 minutes and kept letting some go.

Near the end as well when Valle ran back in to defend and the Aberdeen guy ran into him, that was quite a bad foul and I thought he's probably on a booking but the ref wasn't interested don't think he even gave the foul as we were rushing to play on but the * could have done Valle quite bad clattering into him like that.

The lead up to the 2nd goal for us too the guy nearly done McGregor and should have been booked but just let play go and we scored so ignored it, think it was that number 6 again.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    When they do it to the huns at end of month they well get players sent off and 3 days later in cup against us nothing will happen to them.

10. Bonobhoy

I never said they would win anything.....This was the game they were suppose to explode under yet they didnt.
    Yes they were poor as we were....but they came to Parkhead and got a point and still sitting joint top at 9 games in.

And if we go up to Pittodrie and win by a deflected goal? Is that not classed as a win?

I agree that many teams have to came to Parkhead and got something.....But not many of those teams have sat top or joint top of the league when its happened.....Like Killie last year etc.

All im saying is is that they are sitting pretty with no European distraction and not even played well but still got the wins.....Yet we are getting hammered 7 goals and you can see its already affected us. They will give us a run this season more than the Huns will.

That new manager has got they sorted already

Yes we will still win the League and most likely cups.....I still believe this is the year they will finish 2nd and split us and the Huns...imo

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Difference is, if we had finishing like dortmund we very well could have won yesterday by 7.

12. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Might be so but challanging for the league is just extremely unlikely which we have about 39 years of evidence showing. If they would wven get close, it would be the most impressive maybe in football history.

We can bounce back to a 10 win streak after dropping a couple of points. I doubt they have that mentality

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

13. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    They've got decent mentality. Just have to look at how many games (including yesterday) they should have dropped points but didn't.

14. celtic20

Would be hilarious if Aberdeen lost at home to Dundee Utd after this

singer61 likes this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Some game..

Thought we were gonna pummel them at 2 nil. Should've killed it but when they got 1 back, we had a mini collapse for 10/15..

Thought we came back well and no sure how we didn't manage to win it..

One of those days. We'll still go on and win the league but the sheep have a lot of pace and threats now, on and off the bench..

They could make a realistic challenge for 2nd on that showing. Still won't be near us for me..

mayo likes this.
  16. saltire78

Why? Personally, I think they're deserving of the position they're in now and it serves us no good whatsoever if they collapse and allow the Huns to take back their "rightful place" in 2nd. I'd personally be quite happy if they pushed us for the season and we finally beat them by the usual 9-12points we'd do the Huns.

The more teams applying pressure on us the leaner we'll be, the higher the profile for the league and ultimately the more we should achieve in Europe as we improve our players and appear attractive to others; and we may even get another team drawing in European coefficient points

17. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They’re unbeaten in 25 games now tbf

18. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Decent game to watch. I thought we could have killed it in the first half. Sokler looked fast with a decent finish. Some of our defending was laughable.

19. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Great result that’s us and the sheepshaggers 6 points clear of the Sevco goons.