1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Celtic V Aberdeen Saturday October 19th kick off 3PM Celtic Tv

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Oct 6, 2024.

Discuss Celtic V Aberdeen Saturday October 19th kick off 3PM Celtic Tv in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye it's mental really for us at home to not win after being 2-0 up, probably happened before but I don't recall any.

For me it was like a game you weren't allowed to win, like we've won too many in a row you can't win every game in a season so at one point there will be a bizarre game. Everyone except Maeda I felt played well and it was kind of open and easy to get through them, hardly got tested defensively. For Aberdeen as well except all those fouls from behind in midfield they barely won a tackle or dispossessed us at all.

Kuhn must have ran past several players 5+ times and never got stopped once, Forrest came on and done the same, Hatate, Valle and even McGregor rolled the clock back a bit and carried the ball past guys a few times, Scales that one time at the back as well.

Was one of the easiest games we've had this season and * drew :56:

If we were poor or they played well you'd maybe think it was an off day but really it was an easy day and we should have won with ease.

DonnyCelt and singer61 like this.
  2. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    We had a blip it has to be looked at , but aberdeen to their credit made it a game . We go again We haven't lost and played well first half, that has to be continued in second half. Move on no injuries and still top of the table . Love this team need ccv back and he will be midweek. Next time we play them will be different im sure . And do you know what,the chances we had late in the game.. kyogo would have scored i think . CELTIC ALWAYS

Last edited: Oct 19, 2024 at 7:29 PM
    Jeannie960, BigWilly and DonnyCelt like this.
  3. seanm

One man doesnt make the team but by * CCV would have got us the win today. * raging. HH

Wee Baldy likes this.
  4. celtic20

This, 100% had the same feeling haha. Especially when you have a close-range free header saved at the end and a goal-bound shot cleared off the line by an opposition attacker ffs.

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A remember in barnes last days being 2-0 up to hearts at half time and losing 3-2, but your right no team in the spl should be losing 2-0 at Celtic Park at half time and getting anything at all honestly was expecting 4 or 5 nil final score at half time

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Game of two halves.

I'd credit Aberdeen but also feel like we were really wasteful at times. We've went from the first 6 games or so of the season having pretty rounded performances to the last couple looking more like last season.

Feel like the BVB game has definitely rattled us mentally tbh.

Not a disaster of a result but still to be 2-0 up and not win is disappointing. But Aberdeen are definitely not going away anytime soon it appears, good manager they have there.

Not happy with it but the overreaction on here as per is wild. I get it's celtic and a draw is the end of the world but jeez. 8 games in.

7. Lecs

Slightly torn about today.

I expected a tough game to be honest, I think we all felt we would either pump them 4-0 or scrape by with a late goal.

Aberdeen are flying this season, this manager they've got isn't here to * about. So fair play.

A few posters touched on it earlier on in the week, looking at the goals Aberdeen goals this season they tend to be off the back of defensive mistakes. Aberdeen have punished mistakes, as they did today.

I want Aberdeen to be the ones giving us a go rather than the Huns.

But all that said, criminal to throw a 2 goal lead at half time.

The defense looks all over the * shop without CCV.

Scales has probably been our best defender this season, which isn't really ideal considering we're spending 6 million quid on his replacement.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

A few hours down the line and taking the Celtic hat off, some advert for our game eh?

Neutrals would be creaming over it, had the proverbial lot. The 2 top teams in the country ebbing and flowing.

NomDePlum likes this.
  9. stew37

I feel I should be used to it by now, been on here for well over a decade but still surprised at the absolute meltdowns some people have when we drop points, even if it is from a 2-0 lead. It happens on occasion. It's a pain in the *, it shouldn't happen often, and on another day we take our chances and it doesn't happen, but it does happen!

People expecting to win every single game with no games like that should watch another sport, but * knows which one.

eire4, Sween and charlietully like this.
  10. Donegal

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larson
    I’ve been a lurker on here for a long time, and you are not a Celtic ‘supporter’.

You are constantly full of *, how are you getting away with it?

stew37 likes this.
  11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    To be fair I thought they were very wasteful as well, Clarkson missed a golden opportunity before half time and Keskinen had another really good chance shortly after their first goal. There was at least one other opportunity they should have scored from.

I usually come out of these games really annoyed but I think it could have easily finished 4-4 and there'd be no complaints, both defences were a riot, ours especially.

Still a riddy to throw away a 2 goal lead mind you, that's what annoys me the most, when was the last time we done outside the huns last year?

12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I don't mind it when it comes to the games themselves, but the way we react to our players after a bad game, especially those who aren't fully there yet, is shocking.

Trusty had a great first half, poor second and people are treating him like the second coming of Scheidt. People overly critical of Engels who was excellent up until Dortmund, and Idah has been getting it all season (albeit his price tag definitely isn't helping him)

We're really bad for it as a support, the huns do the opposite where they big their average players to the high heavens but I wish we'd do the same with our players at times, a wee bit of extra support would go a long way.

stew37 likes this.
  13. horseshoe

2-0 up we really should have been able to see it out, but you have to give Aberdeen some credit, plenty of teams that come to us would go in at half time and think they're already beat, they came out and still went for it. Us dropping points aside, having a team outwith us and the huns actually putting together a good run of results and showing some belief is a good thing for the league.

stew37 likes this.
  14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I think the 6-0 vs St.Johnstone gave us an arrogance going into the Dortmund game that we’ll give them a game & wouldn’t get hammered. Now we’ve swung the other way and just takes a few mistakes to shake the whole teams confidence for 20mins.

I’d like to find anyone that would say no to being top of the table with 22 points after 8 games with a GD of 21 before start of season. We’re never going to win every single game, regroup and go again.

neilly1987 likes this.
  15. stew37

Can think of at least one person on here.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Here, am I tripping baws or did I see a highlight from the back of the goals where it hits Duk’s hand that we’ve literally not seen a single time since?

Has anyone got it?

17. Mr. Slippyfist

About time a domestic team came to Celtic Park and had the balls to try and attack us.

In saying that, the last side that's done it in months was Falkirk.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

PaulM1888 likes this.
  19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Artorias likes this.
  20. Mr. Slippyfist

Which didn't even get looked at by the rat that is Walsh or his cronies who couldnt blow the FT whistle quick enough.

neilly1987 likes this.