1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Celtic V Aberdeen Saturday October 19th kick off 3PM Celtic Tv

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Oct 6, 2024.

Discuss Celtic V Aberdeen Saturday October 19th kick off 3PM Celtic Tv in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fair enough, but yeah, that's exactly how it happened. Celtic 2-0 up and cruising at HT. Thelin made the changes at HT and got them bacck into the game, so he and Aberdeen deserve the credit as much as it has to be questions about a lack of BR having any sort of Plan B to counter those changes.

Even when the Duk goal was chalked off by VAR (which would've made it Aberdeen up 3-2), that was what seemed to spark the Bhoys to lift more than anything that BR did in the way of changes etc. But even then, the Dons played it smart, slowed the game right down (which contributed to 10min added time). But slowing down took the immediate sting from the bounce and lift that Celtic had at that time.

(Celtic could learn something from that - how often have we immediately conceded in Europe after scoring a goal?)

Then the late charge by the Hoops chasing a winner, and the desperate defending. Mitov pulled off some outstanding saves as Celtic finally went on full on attack. Forrest had a couple of decent chances that went wide, and ultimately 2-2 was a fair reflection of the game.

Credit to Thelin and Aberdeen but questions about BR's lack of being able to read quickly enough what changes that Aberdeen had made and responding in time, before it was 2-2. Does BR actually have a Plan B?

Oh, and if anyone thinking this was a fluke, that is now 3 back to back draws that these sides have played this year (if considering actual football and not pen shootout win in the Scottish Cup SF).

2. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agreed. I think maybe internationals haven't helped either tbf but reckon we'll be up and running sooner than later.

gazb1888 and Double Dutch like this.
  3. Big C

Said it plenty times previously. Taylor is a million times the player the boy from Barcelona is at this moment in time.we really missed him today, so did Maeda.

seanm and gazb1888 like this.
  4. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Great game to be fair Aberdeen certainly laying down their mark as a genuine challenge for now.

seanm likes this.
  5. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    He is only human and has the occasional off days, captain or not if you are having a bad day get him off, we all need a kick up the * from time to time.

Lewis Kerr and BhoyFitz like this.
  6. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The result probably won't have much impact on the final league table but that game is just another sad indication of how bad our defensive game is. Any team, and it is literally ANY team, who shows a bit of fight or spirit against us causes us problems. Against any sides but the very poorest we simply can not keep a clean sheet whether it be a friendly, domestic or European game. All we care about is the attacking side of our play and it clearly shows. Physically we are as weak as water and when it comes to stopping the opposition scoring not only do we struggle to do so we actually make it easy for them with constant individual mistakes and lack of focus. As I keep saying in the European match threads, until we make ourselves hard to score against this team won't move forwards. We might well keep picking up the trophies domestically but given the circumstances that's not a massive achievement. If there were some signs we were improving on these faults I could be more positive but if that Aberdeen side can cause so many problems then it's not gonna be pretty in Italy on Wednesday.

7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    From the stadium, that defence looked all over the shop in the second half. Cut open multiple times

8. constant

A game we should have won at home being 2-0 ahead, so I see this as a missed opportunity. My initial feeling is the balance in midfield is not right, especially when it is going to be a physical contest like Aberdeen.The real problem is the captain McGregor is not going to be dropped, when it might be more sensible to rest him in some games, and give Bernado and McCowan a start with say Engels. I think Engels in particular is suffering from the midfield imbalance, because I think he would be far more effective in the defensive midfield role with his great range of passing and interceptions. McCowan and Bernado as the midfield duo for their strength and tenacity.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Just ignore him, he's * in the head

10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Where to start with that performance. Great first half, well in control, never looking in danger and then our achilies heel defence kicks in and we look all over the place. Trusty is no CCV, Valles is too weak and our keeper maybe isn't as good as we thought he was. Our two big money signings have been very disappointing and we continue to waste so many chances and very rarely capitalise on our corners. We really need to up our game (specially our defence) as Atalanta will cut right through us and we could be on another hiding

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aberdeen kinda deserved it.

Thought too many players off form, aj improved a little on late 2nd half, but him, engels and maeda were absolute rotten today.

Kyogo was * me off with too many touches in box and forrest was just trying to win game, he was a wasted sub.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We actually played well I thought and were fluent a lot of the game, should really have won and probably scored 2/3 more goals and the goals we lost were shocking but performance wise, Maeda aside who was terrible on and off the ball I felt most guys played well, even Scales had a great first half although got done for their first goal.

Enjoyable game I felt going right up to the death but should never have drawn it.

13. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Different ttypes a without vickers back there definitely

14. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

We should have been out of sight, I fear the Dortmund result has shaken us up a bit. I was laughing to myself at 2 0 us at them trying to put the boot in thinking they had lost the head and it wouldn't bother us and we would coast it and win by more with them maybe even getting a red.
    How wrong was I ffs.

15. SkyeCelt

We'll still win the league by at least 10 points. Can't see Aberdeen sustaining this.

neilly1987 likes this.
  16. celtic warrior

Well... that happened

17. ML6

Agreed, they done well today but still don't think they are on par with the 2005 hearts team that it took until mid season to run away from.

neilly1987 and DonnyCelt like this.
  18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Although I think Aberdeen were lucky towards the end and I do think they'll fade away as the season goes on because they don't have the depth in squad, they'll definitely give the huns a run for their money if they perform like they did the day.

I was sceptical that second was up for grabs.

It's definitely on for them if they carry this form on.

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Will give Aberdeen credit, those changes their manager made at half time were a masterstroke.

Thank * he's at Aberdeen and not the Huns.

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I actually thought Aberdeen got massively out of jail and were pretty poor.

They tried to play football but never really got going, they also never really stopped us from playing at all, Kuhn, Johnston, Engels, Hatate even McCowan, Kyogo, Idah, Valle, Forrest were all well involved and done well going forward.

I felt like we got through them easy all the time and should have had more goals, was loads of openings around the box.

They might do well against the huns as the huns go long a lot so they'll be able to get the ball down and get out the back quicker with more space and get forward more.

Against us though I thought they never really got the ball out their own defence, hardly attacked or got out against us really despite them trying to do that the whole game.

If we went away to Atalanta and the same game played out and we got away with a 2-2 you'd be in disbelief really thinking we never layed a glove on them, let them play through us near enough the entire game, were stuck in our own box and could have conceded any amount.

Easter Rd Davie and mayo like this.