1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We'll need to see how they get on, but for me we've strengthened at GK, loved Hart but Schmeichel is probably an upgrade and Sinisalo is definitely a better back up and will likely be our no1.. good planning for once..

Trusty will be better than Scales..

Generally hate loans with no option but Valle is another I'm excited about..

So, for me that's three positions that definitely look stronger.

NakamuraTastic and Random Review like this.
  2. murphy88

I’m meaning more for depth. We were in for one the other day from Lazio, so we must want one you would think.

3. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

We’re doing our usual, hanging on till the very end to announce engels so that we’re just relieved at the end.

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye am like yourself a thought maybe 2 more ontop of engles and Trusty

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You brought up O'Riley you moron, not "OReilly". Nice to see you couldn't get his name right twice.

You brought up Sinisalo was * with the ball at his feet, you can go find the posts if you want to back-up your argument, I'm not doing your job for you.

Engels isn't an improvement on O'Riley, but we weren't bringing in an improvement on O'Riley, bringing in Engels is as good as we could have done.

Yes, both of our Goalkeepers are better than last years. Even if you think Hart is better than Schmeichel, Sinisalo is a massive upgrade on Siegrist, who done absolutely nothing for Celtic. Boy was Exeter's POTY last year

Valle might not be better than Taylor, but we had zero back-up to Taylor last season, so it's already an upgrade in that position.

Trusty might be or might not be the second best CB at Celtic, but he's clearly being brought in as a challenge for Scales, it's the one position most people agree we could have done better in, but Trusty was clearly the managers choice, neither Nawrocki or Lagerbielke were.

I'd be very worried if Idah didn't better his goals from last season considering he'll be here for the entire year rather than 6 months.

You have yet to answer my original question, so I'll ask you one last time, what makes last years summer transfer window, a window that most Celtic fans regard as our worst in recent history, better than this one?

6. murphy88

We signed one player last summer who made a half decent impact. That was from 9. Not a chance has this window been as bad. Last summer was awful.

HTG and Mr Shelby like this.
  7. TheHappyLoss

Someone on KDS saying it’s not McCowan but someone else

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    100%.

I thought his demeanour and wording suggested at least a couple others on top of fhe two we know about.

Maybe there still will be but I'd be very very pleasantly surprised now.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    CCV was at the last minute. Same with Frimpong. Still time for a wee last minute deal.

10. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Clearly your mind-reading skills aren’t quite up to scratch. You’re wrong and you’ve clearly missed me state on numerous occasions that I feel we need a winger (as well as a defensive midfielder) and that I’m not convinced by Trusty.

Apologies; I missed two words of your post in amongst all of the rest of your avoidance of the initial point (us not needing an entirely new team). As for your points:

(1) I don’t think that can really be judged right now and probably not fairly until May 2025. I don’t think anyone would have thought last year that our two big money centre backs would fail and we’d be stuck with Scales for most of the season. We’re never going to replace O’Riley like for like, but we’ve given it a * good try by breaking our transfer record. We’ve upgraded the goalkeeping department in my opinion and at least improved the depth at left back. I’d like to think Trusty is an upgrade on Scales, but we’ll need to wait and see. We’ve also invested in Bernardo and Idah, who are now ours, so that’s an improvement too. Not to mention the amount of deadwood we’ve cleared. But yeah, for all it would be easy to say we’re actually in a considerably better position on and off the park, I’d tend to wait at least a few months to assess the new signings.

(2) I’ve already covered this. Ideally I’d have liked the signings in sooner, but our manager felt best to wait to get the quality he wanted. I’d argue that if we’re not trusting and backing our manager, what’s the point?

(3) As I’ve also already covered, we’ve signed various centre backs and left backs in the timeframe you mention. Not all signings will be a success and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Again; thinking we should sign 10 first team quality players in one window is ludicrous.

11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ssn

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

12. Sentinel

I stupidly got my hopes up that we would pull something from the bad tonight - a nice winger or something minimum, but it looks like McCowan will be the lot going by the radio silence.

13. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

Im okay with our business if we get Engels and McCowan. Wanted a winger but it can wait. Maybe a boot up the * to Palma and Yang until January - one might come good.

Delighted we seem to be shopping in a higher market and that we're gonna make changes behind the scenes.

14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Last Summer was honestly the worst transfer window in our recent history, the only one that rivals it is the covid season window.

As you said, only players that done anything were Palma and Bernardo, and even then with Palma it's arguable if he's been a good signing.

murphy88 likes this.
  15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Lol, ffs, that last paragraph, ffs, cannae be arsed anymore.

And on oriley, oreilly or whatever the *, not even bothering about that too, lol, you just cannae read.

16. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    I read an article( maybe already mentioned)…..players can be signed up to deadline….however if they werent all signed and sealed up by 1pm in the afternoon…they can’t be eligible for this weekend.
    So probably won’t be any new faces on Sunday….unless it was for England games only:39::39:
    Any new signing all signed up before 1pm today????

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Luke shanley saying we are still trying for mccowan

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Scotland different mate mind sinclair signed 9am the Sunday and scored winner at tynecaslte

19. Moustache

SSN update:

Engels has just arrived at Celtic Park.

We’re progressing with the McCowan deal.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You're an absolute moron who has been caught out spewing *, have a good night :50: