1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's been a long 3 years but we're finally seeing some progress :49:

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

At least he's got the statue

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Wonder when the rest of the board will release oor Peter...

Random Review likes this.
  4. Moustache

Things are shaping up well.

Hopefully I don’t jinx it, but I’m pretty confident that we’ll sign another CM tomorrow in addition to Engels. It looks like we’re being smart and negotiating for both Sanches & Diawara at the same time, rather than going all in on one and then having to scramble if it doesn’t pan out. It’ll be interesting to see who we ultimately end up going with. In an ideal world we’d get both, but I get why that’s unrealistic. I would imagine McCowan is probably the emergency if all else fails fallback.

With regards to a winger, I’m expecting some sort of out of nowhere LTB deal from an English side.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
  5. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Everybody buzzing in here, so good to see. Hopefully, a good finish to the window tomorrow. :36:

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    There's too much noise tonight about 2 more etc for there to be nothing in it. I think we will see some new links tomorrow AM.

Also, as much as inhave been critical of this window and called it as I've seen it throughout, if we can do that it will be a success ultimately. Does it mean there's nothing to be worried about moving forward? No.

If anything the level of excitement and positivity the past 24hrs and even since Monday with the rumours starting, shows how much it can galvanise the support. The board should take note that showing ambition will pull everyone in the same direction.

Will every signing work out? Naw..but just try! That's all we ask.

Finish this one off strong then sort the recruitment prior to the January window or at the very least next summer. We are gonna have to be prepared next year as we go back to the qualifier route.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

This...

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

When Engels and Trusty are confirmed a loan will come out of nowhere tomorrow IMO. And that will be business tied up unless there’s any significant outgoings that need rectified.

I also get the feeling McCowan is sitting by the phone and I honestly wouldn’t be against it if another player was to leave. You’ll find he’ll wait until later in the day and if we’ve not bit he’ll end up at a Hibs or something.

NakamuraTastic and Hammy89 like this.
  9. FrankMcCallum

The manager speaking openly in public about how the recruitment process needs to be modernised is music to my ears.

It’s another reason I love Rodgers. He’s excellent tactically, impeccable with the media, and superb in player development.

He’s a diplomatic guy, but certainly not one to mince his words when push comes to shove. I personally feel quite lucky that we’ve a second chance with him managing us.

10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    500+ pages of doom I'm glad I sat out.

Starting to look like a decent wee window. Excited to see what the next 24 hours do to make it even better.

Who's getting the credit at the end if most turn out to be happy? Rodgers? Nicholson? Lawell? @Double Dutch?

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We are fortunate he is our manager.

As much as some may still doubt his celtic allegiances (don't know how you could) that's the only reason he came the first time and it's the reason he's back again. Otherwise we'd have no chance.

I don't quite think he's elite as some people have said but he's a top level coach who players want to play for and who reels you in everytime.

:BR1:

12. Slaw

I genuinely love the guy. As you say, he would be outside our reach if he wasn’t a Celtic fan.

I might end up with egg on my face for this comment, but I genuinely don’t see him leaving for the next 10 years as long as we continue to back him and he doesn’t get any offers from a top tier club. No chance he’s leaving for a Leicester or Crystal Palace type job.

13. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Any late night exclusives from McGowan or anywhere else? Would be over the moon with either one of Diawara, Sanches or the chelsea boy (if the links is legit) and a surprise winger/forward player.

14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Have my class in for their first day back in the morning. I might have to plan something on data handling and statistics using Sky Sports News......

15. JamesM09

That’s a good idea mate because then you can follow the transfer news while you work!

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    This thread is interesting from a psychological perspective - last few pages kind of suggestive of Stockholm Syndrome

Folk are starting to get excited by us doing the absolute bare minimum. Engels is a necessity given O'Riley leaving. The only additions we have really got since last May are a loan LB and CB (both of which we have needed for the last 3 years)

Let's see if we get any more

NakamuraTastic, oh bhoy and BhoyFitz like this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We've signed 2 GKs too.. very important position filled..

We also could have went for a cheaper option than Engels, who's an exciting addition..

Then the deals for Idah and Bernardo both we have high hopes for, shouldn't be dismissed at what around £13m..

And the window is still open, so we're definitely doing more than the bare minimum..

The change in our recruitment structure/strategy is recognised and hopefully will be addressed quickly when the window closes..

I'm a heavy critic of the board but this window may turn out to be one of our best in years.

18. murphy88

All down to the guy that called Lawwell an * hole. That was the catalyst.

19. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

If that’s Trusty in as the new LCB on top of engles yesterday then it’s certainly not been a disastrous window, would love to get one more in though.

20. PaddyBhoy-1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Definitely need a winger. As much as I love wee Jamesy for his service to the club, we NEED another option at the wing other than him or Palma. Although Palma has shown he can do damage in CL, he is not consistent enough for the league, not by a long shot.

BhoyFitz, NakamuraTastic and stevoEOS like this.