1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Considering we've went for the cheap option for LB.

No excuses to not bring in Engels and Bogusz.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'm okay with Valle coming in on a simple loan if he's the only straight loan coming in, I felt that at least one of our new players would be a straight loan.

Interesting week ahead either way.

3. PaddyJamieson

As @Officer Doofy said in the Valle thread, Valle, Bogusz, Engels and a starting centre half on a perm and I think we'll all be satisfied. Not a perfect window, but one that would still have me excited going into the season ahead.

4. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I know there is no option to buy on Valle but we don’t need one, especially when his buy ou clause is €3m next summer. What we should be doing is seeing how he is and signing him permanently in January.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Better late than never ....

Rydo1888* likes this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No chance of an option to buy, I suppose.

7. horseshoe

Do we know he's cheap? Probably paying them a loan fee and be on a decent wage.

constant likes this.
  8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That'll be it for the "Can he play left back?" jokes for a while, then. :54:

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  9. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Always another position available. Just need Kyogo to go to City and we're only an Idah injury away .....

Random Review likes this.
  10. jambo_cfc

Last few seasons celtics spend has been around 28-33m , so far we’ve spent about 12 with the most money we’ve had in the bank so no reason to think we won’t spend round 18m the last week , so Engels (£9m) and bogusz ($8m) with Valle(£1.5m) and possibly a LTB lcb could well be achievable without really outspending what we usually do.

11. henriks tongue

Big Peter asked me to post this or he'd disconnect my heated driveway, he's says tell thay stupid supporters that spending cash isnae always the best thing ye know....:fear:

It's from our big fat transfer thread a couple years back last time we just signed a new LB on loan, removed posters name to protect the innocent!
    :BR1:

Jeezo that came out of nowhere!

Signed some real quality this window.

Ajeti - £5M
    Barkas - £4.5M
    Turnbull - £3M
    Elyounoussi - Loan
    Duffy - Loan
    Laxalt - Loan

Ideally we sort out a loan for a CB and winger too, but if not I’m happy with the business we’ve done whilst keeping all our big hitters.

12. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Augsburg’s Arne Engels is the prime midfield target to replace O’Riley - but it could take a record fee of £10m to land him.

Sheffield United’s American star Auston Trusty remains a potential option in central defence.

LAFC attacker Mateusz Bogusz has been on Celtic’s radar but it remains to be seen whether the MLS side would do business

Sun.

13. horseshoe

Kyogo's * anyway, in Maeda we trust. :boxing:

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If Rodgers wants Engels to replace MOR specifically, we need to simply pay the money and get him in. 10 is a third of MOR’s fee out so it’s infinitely doable.

15. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Huge potential for resale value too if what Augsburg fans are saying is to believe. He was expected to be their star player this year. Rodgers is dead on in that the board need to see that spending a bit more money comes with much bigger opportunities for big sales.

Creativecelt and PaulM1888 like this.
  16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC are set to snap up Barcelona left-back Alex Valle on loan.

But Brendan Rodgers insists the Hoops have a DUTY to splash serious cash before Friday’s transfer deadline.

Matt O’Riley is set to seal a record £30million move to Brighton - adding to Celtic’s growing kitty.

Rodgers wants several additions and 20-year-old Barca academy product Valle is poised to join on loan.

Asked if he would get a chunk of the O’Riley fee to reinvest, Rodgers smiled: “I just hope we can at least get some of it!

“It’s a very important week for us. As a football club, we want to develop, we want to improve.

We can’t be happy just to make our money and build our pot because the bottom line is on the pitch.

“The supporters pay the money. I look back to the Covid times here, the Celtic supporters sold the stadium out with season tickets and they weren’t allowed in it!

“So we have the duty to put the best team on the pitch.

“That’s what we’ll do and look to do.

It’s taken a bit longer than I would have liked as a manager.

“That’s my brutally honest answer on it

But if we can do it by Friday and strengthen the squad, we’ll be in a really, really good place.”

“It’s important that we do get that. And I have belief that we will do.”

Valle, 20, spent last season on loan at Levante in the Spanish second tier and will be farmed out again by Barca this week.

The Spain youth cap came through the club’s famed La Masia academy and has signed a new one-year extension prior to joining Celtic.

Augsburg’s Arne Engels is the prime midfield target to replace O’Riley - but it could take a record fee of £10m to land him.

Sheffield United’s American star Auston Trusty remains a potential option in central defence.

LAFC attacker Mateusz Bogusz has been on Celtic’s radar but it remains to be seen whether the MLS side would do business

Rodgers admits Celtic’s late race for signings is far from ideal and vowed that there will be a shake-up of the recruitment process for future windows.

Asked why Celtic have experienced problems in getting players in before the final week, Rodgers said: “There are a number of things I won’t go into here.

But it’s definitely something - having come back in and gone through three windows now - we have to put right as a football club.

“We shouldn’t have been getting into this last week in the position we’re in.

“That’s the reality. However, that’s something for us for after this window.

“As I said, we’ll get the players in that we want. We don’t need to manufacture our own stress when there’s no need.

17. Sgt Neppers*

Aye, but can he play left centre back though??!!

Random Review likes this.
  18. jambo_cfc

The think making me think bogusz is coming is mikey johnston wasn’t in the squad today so think he must be close to leaving which creates space for bogusz

Samsquanch likes this.
  19. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Wouldn’t be happy with Tierney. No way is he a better option than GT in this day and age.

Would be a back up at best but looking for plenty of wages which, evidently, is scarce given our archaic wage structure.

20. BigDoggyWoofWoof

20yo on loan, now we're talking, now we're playing the transfer market the Glasgow Celtic way.