1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You quoted it so many times, though! It was driving my OCD crazy ha ha.

Celts88 likes this.
  2. ardis1967

I'm a lot more positive now than what I was a week ago. Massively helps with the performances on the pitch as well.

I will still maintain the fact that we need to see at least 75% of our signings before the first game of the season. As next year we will have to deal with Champions league qualifiers again (correct me if I'm wrong on that). We really don't want to be in a position where we struggle against the likes of Astana and Beer Sheva etc because we haven't got the players in.

Think it will always be an argument amongst supporters though. My opinion is that the scouting department needs an overhaul and the haggling over fees needs to be slightly more relaxed.

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This is honestly the signing I'm most excited about in the last 2 years. I think this guy is going to be a big game player and I can see him doing well for us in the CL (although maybe not this season as he needs a bit of developing still). All the things you can't coach, he already has: height, pace, desire, basic technique, mentality. Everything he lacks is totally coachable for someone like Rodgers.

Can't tell you how happy I am with this.

honda, Celts88 and Mr Shelby like this.
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Qualifiers next year yep.

Not sure the level of opposition though. Maybe a bit easier on paper than even what the Huns got.

5. ardis1967

Yeah assume we will be playing the champions of other leagues so it should be the likes of your Astana's and Beer Shevas again cause we will be seeded. Again I'm only going off my knowledge off this from football manager :56:

6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Unseeded teams in the Champions Path this season for the final playoff match are Qarabag, Galatasaray, Bodo, Slovan Bratislava and Sparta Prague.

So definitely not an easy draw.

Crilly, NakamuraTastic and ardis1967 like this.
  7. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    Again you introduced the last time in that reply.

I pointed out the issue we had in the last window 15 years ago and how the mismanagement handed them 3 league titles. Which happened.

It has everything to do with the context of the reply if we got that window right they would have died earlier.

Also I did say at the end of it could all this happen again with a question mark? Who knows what financial situation they are in but they will have to downgrade due to not making the champions league and we could push on and add real quality.

Will this push them over the edge who knows but I honestly can’t remember the last time we strengthened from a position of strength.

8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It really is striking how much more we are willing to spend for people who have proved themselves here already (Eddy, Jota, CCV, Idah). For me, this puts to bed the idea that we're hoarding money and foregrounds our risk aversion.
    With our current structure, that reluctance to take big risks is probably rational TBH. The question for me is how we can put together a structure with the reliability and quality that we don't have to be so risk averse.

PaddyJamieson and Celts88 like this.
  9. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Var and honest mistakes last season definitely played a part in keeping it tight. With all the money we have we should be light years ahead yet we're only just struggling ahead...even rangers fans don't get it why we haven't buried them. They certainly would have buried us if roles were reversed.

Merseysidehoops likes this.
  10. henriks tongue

Trying to be positive....a couple of recent links more like the right standard with Endo, Engels etc
    Bring them home!!

11. Celts88 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The Lemon
    "Again you introduced the last time in that reply."

Haven't got a clue what you mean by that?

Rankers went bust because of the tax man hunting them for the EBT's, nothing to do with us, and needed a win in court to use as a tax case so were never going to let them off the hook.

'Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake'

We can't bury them we can only beat them in 4 games and the rest is up to the other teams in the league.

"we're only just struggling ahead"

Celtic - 12 out of 13 League Titles, 7 Scottish Cups, 7 League Cups, Quadruple treble, etc.
    Rankers - 1 League Title, 1 Scottish Cup, 1 League Cup

Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
  12. TheHappyLoss

Obviously would want a replacement for O’Riley a LB and a CB but the two defenders of decent quality are the most important

Celts88 and Crilly like this.
  13. themouth1888

We can if we invest wisely.

You're correct in we only play them 4 times a season but as it stands last season was much closer for most of the season than it should have been. That gives those * hope.

Hope that if they can stay just behind us and we have another poor window and they find just 1 or 2 better players they can do something.

If and like I said if we spend money and invest it wisely they lose hope. They then have a choice of throwing everything at keeping up with us but more than likely puts them out the game if it fails OR they scale back and fight it out with the Hearts and Aberdeens of this world.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    With the right additions we'd pump them aw.

Slovan Bratislava and Qarabag in a play off would be ideal.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. FrankMcCallum

“Every penny that comes in to the club will be reinvested, it will go back into the club. There is no pile of cash sitting there. It doesn’t exist”

16. celtic warrior

Wages being the sticky point - but if Celtic do the unthinkable after committing upto £9.5mill fo Idah and go on to spend another £35mill we could actually see spots like LB, LCB, 3rd Striker, MOR replacement actually come in and take the club to another level.

Will be lucky to get some loanee from academies that are hoarding talent like Man City, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, PSG and then someone in for a free.

I've no faith we see any defenders being signed

17. TheHappyLoss

3 really good signings to maintain our post January strength. Good enough to win the league comfortably but come on let’s push on. Two or three quality players and it could be an amazing season.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Idah in.

Let the floodgates open.

* cough *

Celts88, NakamuraTastic and Rydo1888* like this.
  19. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    We have 6 centre halfs at the club. None are coming in until we get rid of someone even away on loan

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member