1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Mon Celtic ffs..

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Watching that second half a blind man can see we are desperate for new quality signings, it's beyond a joke now.

The Board have some nerve especially after the last window.

Blochairnbhoy and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

There’s just no excuses for where our squad is at the moment.

For all people are saying in the Lawal thread that we’re good at getting decent fees for back up players. We’re pish at getting them out the door in the first place.

Johnston should have been punted years ago, and after his time at West Brom he should be an easy one to sell. Lagerbielke and Nawrocki still here. Kobayashi as well. And others.

But in terms of incomings…just repeating ourselves now. We are the richest we’ve ever been and we’ve started the season with one striker and one left back.

No serious club in the world is doing that. It’s a * shambles.

Blochairnbhoy and Ryanm1984 like this.
  4. Sentinel

We have to be hoarding the money for something.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  5. TheHappyLoss

Extra game in the Champions League so more fines from UEFA for having a political/ethical opinion and holding sparklers

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  6. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    BR post-match comments re transfers don't exactly suggest we should be getting our hopes up. I suspect if anything is done it'll be right at the end of the window with us picking-up a loan or two from England after the EPL clubs have sorted out who's surplus to requirements. I understand BR not wanting more projects but I don't agree with focusing on England so much. The fees and wages are massively inflated and the players there are usually reluctant to leave especially to somewhere like the SPL. There's actual plenty of good players out there that fall between being projects or higher-end EPL players(who usually only come here as a last resort), I just wish the club realised it.

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I feel like Rodgers doesn't have the bottle to manage a strong team and doesn't want us spending too much money himself.

Maybe thinks if we spend too much or have a really strong team and bench more will be expected of him and if he was to do poor in Europe it would be an embarrassment.

So is happy to have a weaker squad or some positions very thin as excuses as to not doing better.

How else can you always bring up needing better quality but at the same time not bother your * at all about actually getting better quality.

Even under Lennon we would not have come out of January probably without a new centre-half and left-back.

8. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    There's always money in the driveway :86:

Random Review likes this.
  9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

There no signing a center half when we have so many.

I doubt ange would have effectively abandoned lager felt and nawroki.

And.rodgers thinks scales.is better than both or.is.it.just cause he's irish

10. Sgt Neppers*

Progression is what we must strive for.

This seasons starting CBs, were last years back up choice after spending £7m on Maik and Gus. We have to replace Scales. It's must. It may alleviate the pressure on Taylor as well, although he needs replaced also.

We've had opportunities to sell Gus amd Welsh, both rejected. So there's opportunity to rectify this issue.

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Lagerfelt :giggle1:

HTG and TheHappyLoss like this.
  12. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Hopefullt we have some signings in over next few weeks

13. FrankMcCallum

I have very low expectations for this board/recruitment team/CEO/whoever negotiates new signings, but even they aren’t being met any more.

I’d be * myself laughing at Mikey Johnston coming off the bench as our back up striker in 2024 if it wasn’t so depressingly tragic.

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Rodgers should give the Board an ultimatum, either give him what he needs to get the job done or look for another manager.

Whatever's going on behind the scenes this is not a healthy state of affairs.

15. donnegal celt

It might not be board fault half time. I say Norwich doesn’t want sell idah til they got replacement lined up. Why u sell ur back up striker and been short.
    Rodgers probably want player that clubs don’t want sell yet before get placement lined up.
    Brendan could be problem here. Targeting players that don’t want come us.

16. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    If these guys don't release the funds to buy the quality and strengthen this team to at least give us some hope in Europe I really hope Rodgers walks... we've sat back and watched this mob self sabotage the potential of this football club for too long.. winning the league isn't enough anymore..this * needs to come to a head and if the manager was to walk bcoz he wasn't getting the backing he required then it'll give the fans the motivation needed to force change in the boardroom. These guys are ripping the pish when Mikey Johnston is your back up striker.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  17. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Spoke about this the other day and to further drive home the point. Wolves are wanting 20m euro for that * Fabio Silva, and likely will get it too. That league is * mental, why our manager persists with trying to sign players from it is bizarre

18. Lewis Kerr

18 days left to sign 4 or 5 players.

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  19. Sentinel

As Queen Cersei once said, 'I choose violence'. That's about where I am at now.

20. Foley1888

At this point I would genuinely except in the next week if we managed to move on a few of the fringe players.

Sounds like Lawal is away, if we could get on and shift Lagerbielke, Kobayashi and Mikey Johnston that would be great.

One caveat get the Idah deal over the line this week too, I would want him involved in a couple of games and settled for playing them at the start of September.

Then with 10 days left really focus on getting another 3 or 4 when O’Riley goes in.