1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

Lucky for us the other mob are a train crash just now and we can just bank money.:fear:

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. Lewis Kerr

The lack of activity is astonishing. What on earth is actually going on?

MynameisEarl likes this.
  3. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    It's just Lawell saving a couple of months wages on new players. He'll have them all on contracts starting September

4. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    As each day comes and goes you can see the frustration build up, more and more.

If they mess this up will this be the final straw for people to rebel?

There is absolutely no excuse not to spend this summer. No one, absolutely no one can defend the club regarding the at we conduct business and saying transfers are complicated, aye but it seems that other sides have absolutely no issues completing deals.

5. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Fundamentally, this comes down to the inability to originate and execute deals. When you work at a large organisation, this is an imperative part of your role - in many industries.

Celtic have failed (on the buy side) to originate and execute deals at the right time for years now. Many times you get the excuses of “hard time to do deals”, “we need CL football”, “we have CL football but it’s a hard time to do deals.” It has had a significant impact on our ability to do anything in Europe over the last 20 years.

Really, really poor ability in that field and harming the potential of the club in the process.

Secondly, Celtic’s purchasing power in the transfer window is degrading season by season. This is due to our inaction to meet football inflation. Everything is increasing in football: CL money, sponsorship money; season ticket money; player sales revenue. Yet, here we are spending the same money on players as we did 20 years ago & operating with a suffocating wage structure.

We are also sitting with significant cash in the bank attaining a c.3.5% interest rate. This is such a poor use of funds when it can be invested in the right assets which could treble in value I.e. good players!

As I’ve said before, the leadership team, Board and Lawwell are not by any means incompetent. They are generally conservative (small c!) accountants and lawyers who are risk averse in nature and will ensure the club won’t run into the ground like our friends across the city.

What they are not good for is helping us grow, innovate and reach our potential as a club.

If they had enough sense and a lessened ego, they would see the need for a young, ambitious, driven person in a prominent leadership role to complement their ‘safe hands’.

We could do with a risk tolerant banker/financial markets type guy!

6. sabzz1888

Hit the nail on the head :50:

Ciaran_67 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  7. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I couldn't have put this better. You're absolutely right as to both the problem and the solution - we are too conservative and we're getting left behind because of it. We need someone young and driven at the head of the club to drag us into the 21st century. Until that happens, we will just stand still while other clubs pull ahead.

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  8. Sgt Neppers*

Got used to doing things under the radar wi Ange, and swiftly. Now, we're just doing sweet F A....

Why???? I hope the questions are asked and nobody gets a free pass on it. Rodgers included.

9. Lecs

Who have we actually signed on a perminant basis during this 2nd era of Brendan Rodgers?

I mean that in a who has been or seems to be a successful signing? Schmeichel seems to be a great bit of business on a free to be fair, and the jury is obviously still out as he's only had one competitive game.

Kuhn has certainly shown glimpses, Bernardo should be a good signing as well now that he's here on a perminant basis.

But these guys aside, who we could still debate if they are good signings or not, we actually haven't signed anybody who has came in and been a solid nailed down starter.

Idah on loan turned out to be a great bit of business, but again only a temporary signing.

It's utterly bizzare that our board would go out and make such a bold appointment in Brendan Rodgers, given all the * between him and the board, him and the fans etc. To not really give him any major signings. Signed some utter utter guff as well.

I was relatively quiet before about this window as I kinda thought we wouldn't * about and we would really be forced to get a bit of quality in the door.

Going in to the season with one striker, one left back, a bunch of back up left centre backs. Still starting James Forrest as great as he's been.

* madness.

NakamuraTastic and martin_d like this.
  10. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Get the Idah deal done quickly. The fee looks acceptable to they * sheep shaggers down there, so get him on the first flight up here tomorrow to carry out a medical and in the squad for the weekend.

Absolutely no reason why this can’t be completed within a day or so now we are close to agreeing a fee.

11. DonnyCelt

Nothing but self sabotage from the board. They care more about lining thier own pockets than they do putting together an ambitious team on the park.

12. DonnyCelt

This is Celtic mate. You know how it works.

13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I get that but I’m hoping to see this move quickly for the weekend and I hope Brendan Rodgers is pushing it quickly.

14. DonnyCelt

True mate, would be a boost without a doubt.

15. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    :56:

16. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    It is proper weird. One win is almost the same money as winning the league. From a pure business point of view, I'd be effed off if I was a shareholder....wait...I am.. albeit a single shareholder lol

17. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

Get Idah done tomorrow then 3 weeks to get 4 first team ready players. Easy. Jkn.

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I feel the same as last week (slightly worried but not panicked). What has changed that so many people are now angrier and/or more worried than a few days ago?

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  19. StevieBhoooy!

Clock just ticking down….

…. and having seen this Celtic Plc movie production so many times before.

20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Has there been any rumours on out goings?