1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

I need to take a break from reading this for a week. It's too bleak.

2. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Same, I've went from being very calm to thinking the whole things * in about 6 hours :giggle1:

3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I dont think its a problem not having a second striker by now. I think it is embarrasing and inkompetent.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and Slaw like this.
  4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Even I'm getting a bit nervous now, you * must be on the edge of a complete breakdown :56:

We'll definitely sign players though, just wish we could get them done quicker so everyone can just settle down and get on with the fitbaw.

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Took 3 days off from this thread, it clearly wasn't enough...

3 weeks and counting... gonna to be the busiest 3 weeks ever seen at Celtic Park if we are to get what is required.. tic tok

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We didn't get 5m for him. Was 2.5m and potential add ons.

I agree that he should have gone regardless and was fine with it. But maeda or not we have one recognised striker at the club and its moving into mid August soon enough.

NakamuraTastic and Slaw like this.
  7. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    My gut feeling is we’re waiting for the PL squads to be finalised … which could be disastrous if that goes wrong.

The absolute bare minimum is 4 in for me, LB,ST,CB,LW.

NakamuraTastic and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We definitely are.

The reason being our manager is obviously the person leading the recruitment. That's a massive issue in itself.

There's a clear disparity between Rodgers and the board. Things haven't changed since he was last here. There is a lack of ambition from certain sections of those in charge and I don't think it's hard to imagine that what he wants ( the same thing the fans want) is completely different to how the board see it.

If things don't start moving before the end of this month the toxicity that would cause is potentially season defining.

I've seen others confidently state that if Rodgers isn't backed he will still see out his 3 years. What gives people that level of confidence? I wouldn't blame him one bit if he walked.

I also echo what others have said. Feel like I need a break from this thread and following it all in general as its really * annoying me now:56:

NakamuraTastic and MynameisEarl like this.
  9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Its very strange to say the least. The reason he left in the first place was lack of ambition which he officialy stated. Now he is witnessing a whole other level of lack of ambition.

10. TheHappyLoss

If indeed that is the real reason he left.

Skelleto likes this.
  11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Beginning to give up the ghost now. Maybe the very threat of the huns getting into the CL will spur them into action as surely they must know that those feckers will spend every penny they have on improving their team - once they've cleared some of their debt

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Yeah I watched a interview where he said that him and the board was to far apart on transfers and ambition surrounding that. Cant remember who did the interview but he clearly stated it

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Risk adverse.

The domestic scene only needs a little investment and secures the clubs financial status with European games of some kind.

It's easy money for not a lot of work.

Our board are lazy.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and Ryanm1984 like this.
  14. CountyDownFaithful

No surprises here but our whole recruitment strategy (process, structure, personnel etc) is unbelievably * for a club with north of £80m in the bank.

We’ve taken 2+ months to sign a loan player on a perm deal, a free agent and a development player.

We’ve only got 3.5 weeks of the window remaining. That would give most clubs enough time to close a few deals but it doesn’t bode well for us, as supporters, because it takes the Celtic board an age to do anything.

We still need a CB, LB, CDM, Winger and CF.

And that’s if everyone stays which is unlikely.

Id be surprised if we sign more than 2 players, one being Idah which doesn’t really count IMO.

The club continue to get away with this every season because

1) They’ve got us by the balls knowing we will still buy season tickets, merch and CL packages regardless of signings

2) We’ve no competition domestically so we will still be successful (completely missing the point that we want to see the team deliver in Europe hence the desire to improve the squad)

It’s the same old pish every season. Grateful for winning domestic trophies but the lack of ambition to develop the squad to compete in Europe is depressing.

I’m not convinced it makes a difference but the fans need to make our concerns heard.

Pains me when I hear reporters ask Rodgers surface level questions about transfers but never dig in and say the fans are frustrated because they’ve heard all the “be patient” and “we’re working hard behind the scenes”’stuff before - what’s going to be different this time?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2024
    NakamuraTastic and stevoEOS like this.
  15. Sween

Being truly risk averse would be spending enough to almost guarantee the league but nothing more. Last season we came so close to blowing the league because we didn't judge our risk correctly (though the board would no doubt argue otherwise given we still won the league).

Spending say 5m each on a left back, striker, and centre half carries almost zero risk rounded to 1% if risk is measured by threat of liquidation. It's an obscene line of argument which of course the board are well aware of. But they won't care as measuring success as 'not being liquidated' makes their jobs very easy for very little effort.

16. CountyDownFaithful

There’s likely to be no automatic entry spot for CL next year so the gravy train is about to stop.

If we don’t develop the squad, we won’t qualify and miss out on millions.

The board will probably just sell 2-3 of our best assets and replace them with projects to make up for the shortfall though.

NakamuraTastic and Peej like this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    8 games in the CL under the new format, can get 2.8 mil for every win in the group stages and something like 800k for a draw, you'd think that would act as an incentive for the Board to show some ambition and strengthen the team, not looking like it tbh.

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Think you're right here, mate. They'll come. :50:

Double Dutch likes this.
  19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    See the issue ive got with Rodgers is that he wants players from specific markets that are very difficult to buy from but he obviously feels they are a reliable source. The problem with england is the fees and then once you even agree that its agreeing the bigger wages and then if you get through that hurdle its convincing a player to play in Scotland.

Ange just targetted players that were attainable for us in our budget.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  20. Sentinel

I cannot wait for the happy clappers at 11:59 on deadline day telling us moany * that they told us so...