1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Have updated the title slightly.

Wee Baldy, Rydo1888*, scuzzy and 6 others like this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    October 2023 * shakes hands * August 2024.

3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Looking at the team the best we're getting is the loan players back, although possibly weaken if one or even more of our top players go's.

Just making sure we don't get too far from the huns, maybe even let them get closer?

Better hope those single goal wins against them don't run out. CL should be the usual riddy.

BTW the sites * too keeps timing out when typing. Noticed errors when I came in.

4. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

We have no plan. Ridiculous.

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Tbh I wouldn't care as long as we get the quality in by the close of the window.

The reason people are getting angry is because we've seen this film plenty of times - we're on a streak of these * windows.

It doesn't look like changing. We never modernise in any area of the business it's always 'as you were'. They even acknowledged after the January window that it wasn't good enough but they have the arrogance to not care when we get to the next window.

I refuse to believe any excuses for failure this window. So far we're poorer than we went into the window. It's unacceptable.

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Another week finished and finally we got Bernardo over the line, but no one else seems remotely close or viable.

Bernardo is not even apparently fit for the game tomorrow either, so he's making zero difference regardless.

Another week next week, expect some random chat on idah, be that he's back training with them, missed a bus, we've tabled a 200k increase, or something, but either way it won't be done next week.

Will be linked with another left back we have no hope of signing and then the week will fizzle out.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

7. Bonobhoy

* this board man.....we should be at them right from the off tomorrow,before game,after game.....Let these Tory * know we ain't accepting this anymore.

They are keeping the money and just about keeping us in front of the Huns....when near every real Celtic fan doesn't give 2 * about a Title Race......We want to win it by miles,get Cups and never see them again,whilst attempting to build a team for Europe.

They are * us again and again here.

How the * can we get excited about a new CL format and draws...when we go into them now thinking we gonna have a -21 goal difference?

8. Sgt Neppers*

Have avoided this type of post as its only game 1, but I agree. Any points dropped during August with a weaker squad made me wonder if sack the board chants will be out quick.

They deserve it all as well. Desmond amd Lawell need chased.

9. Bhoys_are_back_in_town

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land
    It's the hope that kills you. I was thinking, maybe, just maybe after that big scare in February when we dropping all those points that if we went on and won the title then the board would have learned.

It's the same * though, this board don't care about seeing us excel in Europe. We have never been richer so I just don't understand why we won't push the boat out and bring 4/5
    quality signings in.

martin_d likes this.
  10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I take seriously the claim that we have tried but couldn't. What annoys me is that instead of just saying that and then throwing up our hands and lamenting how difficult it is, we should be working hard to put a structure in place (starting with a DoF) to make sure that next time, we're up to the challenge.

For me, they have to make the signings we need in the next 4 weeks. If we don't succeed, the current structure (what there is of it) must surely be considered untenable. I would argue that even if the next few weeks are good and we get most of what we need, the last 3-and-a-half windows constiture a good argument that the current structure is already untenable.

11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's worth adding here that Rodgers strongly implied in his press conference that for this season, Bernardo will be a squad player.

Peej likes this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I wonder if his way of saying to the board he isn't the MOR replacement

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

13. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The recurring “we’re working hard behind the scenes” & “it’s hard to do deals at this time” excuses are not the justifications they think they are.

Rather, they demonstrate the fundamental limitations of our recruitment and leadership team.

Really this just strikes me as the fundamental inability to originate and execute a buy side deal.

14. murphy88

We are still trying to buy players for the same money we were 2 decades ago. It will be hard to bring players in when our transfer model doesn’t progress.

neilly1987 and Champions67 like this.
  15. henriks tongue

Other teams manage to get deals done, it's simply not that hard if you are good at your job.
    Unless of course you make it hard for yourself by lowballing, micro haggling, working within a 20 year old wage structure and transfer fee policy.

Then it IS feckin hard, absolutely - but 100% self inflicted:39:

oh bhoy and martin_d like this.
  16. themouth1888

Could literally kill the huns off as anything other than a token rival buy making the proper investment into this team. Let's see how we handle the next 4 weeks

Rydo1888* and martin_d like this.
  17. Foley1888

Watched that game today and granted they have a couple of players to come in to their squad and no doubt they will sign a few more, but they can’t be our benchmark they look miles of it.

If anything I would say they look worse than last season. They all wanted rid of Lundstrum but their midfield was widely exposed by a team who never really had their own midfield there.

Please get the finger out and get a few in over the next fortnight and ready to give them a doing at the end of the month.

18. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    After what Rodgers said in the recent press conference it will be * DISGUSTING if the board don’t provide home with the 3 quality signings he craves.

He has said he DOES believe he can get us to the CL playoffs to get us into the knockout stages if the board get him some quality signings and he’s not talking about £10 million players here.

19. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Its looking like he wants OShea, the lad from Wolves on loan. The Belguim lad and Idah. If he can get the 4 in and keep MOR.

Ok that might cost 25m if you include the 4.5m we have already spent.
    But we have recieved nearly 5m from Haska and Oh. We will get a fee for 'Larger' and Mj and if you throw in a potential Yang and Frimpong money we could yet break even without selling MOR

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think we need more than 4 tbh.

But I'd take 4 now and see us till January whilst getting more of the * out.

That 4 needs to be

CB
    LB
    ST
    LW though.

Then if MOR goes he will need replaced. I still think the midfield needs strengthening even if he does stay. We still don't have that physicality in there. If the interest in Shea Charles is legit it would suggest Rodgers wants that kinda player so I imagine 4 is the bare minimum with the potential for 1 or 2 more if the deals appear possible nearer the end of the window.

Guchi Gucci likes this.