1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The long and short of it is deal origination and execution is not good enough.

Rodgers admitted they are looking to improve the squad and apparently working hard behind the scenes.

Working hard behind is all fine and well but when you have very average people in leadership position then we’re not going to do what we need to do.

The club is in desperate need of innovative, talented and ambitious young leaders in leadership positions.

I don’t know Dom McKay personally but he seemed like type of person we require in leadership roles (perhaps not necessarily CEO). Some great fan engagement measures to begin with and excellent deal origination and execution.

Granted a short time and very small sample size to go off. However there was an energy there for all to see. It resonated with folk and the club as a whole.

Hammy89, neilly1987 and Mr Shelby like this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Same * today... see yas tomorrow

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Mate, honestly....

Give yer head peace. Give the rest of our * heads peace!

Playing our first game on Sunday - try and look forward to it ya miserable *!

pablo and Roadrunner like this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    :56: Calm down Nancy.. only person here seems angry or upset is you.. put me on ignore if you don't want to hear me complain about our transfers, I'd imagine you'd have to put over 90% of the forum on ignore too..

See ya tomorrow xx

5. Dallas Cowbhoys

It also feels a lot like deja vu

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

:56::56::56::56:

I hardly think you can call me angry, especially considering it's not me in here greetin' every day and regurgitating the same * constantly.

Go'n have a * beer or somethin and chill the * oot!

7. Skiv7

Not that we need any more disappointments this window but just saw that kyogo has changed agent .....

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Greetin everyday? :56:What part of my 6 word sentence and only post today annoyed you so much? I posted twice yesterday, once to confirm one of the players we were "monitoring" had signed for someone else..its hardly regurgitating, maybe you have me mixed up with someone else Lad.. didn't see you have a go at anyone else for posting the same stuff on a daily basis.

I live in Thailand, I chill out and have a beer everyday mate:60: don't worry about me..

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Mckay was a weird one.

His initial press conference and sound bites he said all the right things. Then a couple months later he was away.

Probably wanted to change things a bit too much for some. Would be my guess.

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Guys seriously though i was raging up until the start of the week. McGowan has said we won't deviate away from the business model so it's £4m or under and with a potential resale value, all these £6m plus players we won't sign.

Lawwell as chairmen has also said we must keep cash for when we don't qualify for the UCL and we also have legal things going on the now and that's what the cash will be kept for. Brendan has now mentioned quality in previous 3 windows and today then goes back to "we can develop the players we have" it's a busted flush this window again!

SK89 and DonnyCelt like this.
  11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    The whole thing has been so ponderous on and off the pitch since Ange went (bar a run of 5/6 weeks at the end of last season).. we will do the bare minimum between now and window closing.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. Sween

I feel like Rodgers is quite clearly telling fans again that his expectations are not being met. He frames it in a way that doesn't point the finger at the board or any backroom staff. But stressing the need for quality time and time again before a window closes only to go quiet once we fail to strengthen is a pretty clear statement.

Blochairnbhoy and Mr Shelby like this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    IF, and it still is an if, we fail to back him properly this window then I don't know where we go from here.

With 8 UCL games set up, good chance of 10, more money in the bank than ever and a top manager at the helm, there's literally never gonna be another time we do properly strengthen.

It's still an if. But right now there's no confidence I'd say that we are gonna do what most of us, including the manager, think needs done.

14. Big C

If we don’t back him I hope he walks, I really do. Without someone of his ability we wouldn’t have won the league last season, fact.
    I used to be a supporter of the board but I absolutely hate them now. They’re holding us back because of Lawwell. He said years ago, and I am paraphrasing here, “we are stronger with a strong Rangers”…get to * Peter. If the shoe was on the other foot they would absolutely bury us, they’d be so far out of sight it would take a takeover to get us back anywhere close to them.

Ipswichbhoy67 likes this.
  15. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    The metric for us is other similarly sized clubs in Europe not the huns. Other clubs from smaller nations than the “big 4” are progressing - we are wilfully failing to improve year on year. This will bite us financially down the line.

What gets to me is the contempt we as fans are held. We get sound bites that we want to progress in Europe and kick on but as soon as the ticket money, new strips etc are all bought we are fed “it’s a tough window” or a signing announcement we all know about is held back till the last minute to cover up the lack of activity beforehand.

Will always support the team and the manager who clearly wants more and isn’t being backed - it’s possible to back the team and protest against how the club is currently being run - I hope I’ve jumped the gun early and we’ll kick into gear and get quality in but it’s looking bleak right now

Mr Shelby likes this.
  16. Sween

I think he will get fed up quickly if his job here is simply to be a little bit better than Rangers as cheaply as possible. Thats what it feels like at the moment. The commitment he gave to fans on his return probably makes it difficult to walk away but I hope he at least gives a very public and blunt ultimatum to the board if that's where he gets to. If fans refuse to buy champions league tickets that may be enough to force the board to back Rodgers properly but realistically that isn't going to happen.

But as you say, it's still an "if" but I'm not filled with confidence.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  17. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Sack the board. Dinosaur * have no idea what they're up to

NakamuraTastic and johnboy19 like this.
  19. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Rydo1888* likes this.
  20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    This thread shroud be renamed the skinny arsed anorexic diazepam inducing thread and the only thing fat about it is the expanding waistline of PL due to all the pheasant and caviar suppers he dines on with our hard earned cash

Rydo1888* likes this.