1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Do we actually pay dividends on ordinary shares? If so, how much does it amount to in a CL year? I'm betting it's a fairly low figure if we do.

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's mental. If it were that easy, "ra people" (das Volk?) would have been able to save Rangers.

3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Exactly RR. Although there is differences in the mentality between their support and parting with money into the club shall we say , they always liked it to be 'free money' when in reality that doesn't exist.
    Anyway, if I was you, I would keep asking about the payment of dividends to DD . I think im done here as I have read over the exchanges again :rolleyes: and patience is a virtue I have ran out off :smiley-laughing002: :86:

4. made in ireland

The banner was spot on.

5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Well done GB. Say nothing and carry on is what the board want. The ones that booed will be the stiff upper lip fans. They will slate Celtic at every turn but don't think highlighting it will achieve much. Better to care and say it loudly than care and stand in the corner.

6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The ones that booed around me were the ones who have been there since it was built (new stands)...from day one. They have been there at far worse days.

The GB are allowed their opinion, and long may freedom of speech continue but so is every other * free to voice their opinions too.

Pretty condescending of you to define who the people who booed are.

7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Listen Garry I was also there before the new stands. I was in the Jungle standing at the front wall waiting on the ball coming over in the 80s right through. The Celtic support will always be split. I remember after 2 or 3-0 wins coming back on the boat. And my Da getting into sporting heated discussions with fellow fans who thought we were not good enough. If fans want to boo. That's their right. But at the end of the day the ones who booed are the ones who are disappointed with the result but stand in the corner and say or do nothing. BTW because some of these fans are younger does not mean they love the club less!:50:

8. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fair points Packy, it is a tough one and I am gutted with the last week as much as the next guy. The whole day was flat as * and its clear we are in a bit of a trough. I dont know the answer my friend, but I am not comfortable with the banner stuff.

So what to do? ....me personally I will never boo them in public or make banners...yes I will * them upside down in the presence of my own kind and rant and argue all night long, but * that uber fan display stuff mate, its not for me :50:

Oh and ps ....just because some of the other fans are older doesnt mean they love the club any more or less than the FANTASTIC wee young lads we have in the GB, or are more likely to be soup takers.....they maybe just remember far more choppier waters and deal with things other ways. HH

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
  9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Mate I hear what your saying. But the days of faithful footballers who give their all to the fans and club are gone. As much as I would like to keep everything In house, days have changed. So has the football fan. As a forty year old, I would like to go back to the pure football 80s days. But clubs now are a business and the only way they listen is to the fans. The GB are our hardcore and they don't put these banners up * nilly. So I can adapt and agree with their criticisms. Not like they are slating MC Stay. MC Grain. Burns. Aitken etc. most of these players are mercaneries. They need to keep up to date with the money we spend to keep them in their comfy clothes and showcase homes.:50:

10. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Thats were I have to differ mate, Yup footballers are probably in the whole whores for cash, but the ethos of Celtic should never change. Yup agree clubs are a business but from our spreadsheet it is a well run one too. We have lots of guys at the club who care too, Broony could go elsewhere and makes loads as could others as we pay buttons in football terms with zero glamour factor.

The GB are not our hardcore either mate, they are a wondeful integral fantastic part of Celtic, but they measure a tiny percentage of the Celtic fanbase and source of income....the hardcore is the supporters who turn out year after year after year, buying tickets and merchandise.

I love the GB and want them there ALWAYS but they do not represent me. HH :50:

11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The " Did Ye Aye" banner is already being made for the next banner of protest GB display.:icon_mrgreen:

12. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    The banner was pathetic and showed little knowledge of team sports from people more interested in politics and shouting about 'stuff' and having a platform for their views than the actual team.

Since when did a 'team' be regarded as an entity in itself?There is no such thing as a collective of 11 individuals that can be viewed as a single living breathing singular thing.....other than in science fiction or fantasy football.A couple of players may have been nervous.....but to label the whole team as gutless, is gutless!
    Its an embarrassing banner...the worst i have seen from them.

Players do occasionally play *......other players play good .....thats football!

Anyone who has ever played sport will tell you, that with the best will in the world, you can prepare, you can practise, you can 'be up for it', but sometimes you just play *......and if you are playing someone of similar standard.....you can lose!!!! And lets be honest, they are similar standard!

They got the breaks, they played slightly better, we didnt fire......* happens......the banner stinks.

13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

You mean the group who know matter what the score is sing for 90 minutes when others give up.

14. Bi-Winning

Exactly how I feel. Felt quite embarassed today when I saw the banner, didn't think the GB were the type to turn on the team like that, was really quite taken back by it.

15. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Ive got absolutely no doubt about their passion for the club and football, but it has to be noted that among them, are a few leaders who make decisions such as what should go on the banners etc, maybe as few as 1 or 2 guys, and they obviously have a lot of clout/influence among the group, and they take it upon themselves to speak for the whole fan base......and usually they have the majority of fans in agreement, and sometimes they provoke thought among those without thought, and make everyone that little bit more aware or conscientious about certain things, but that does not mean they should be above criticism, and every now and then, banging a drum and chanting is not enough to make everyone turn a blind eye when they make a statement on behalf of the fans, when clearly, most of the fans disagree with the 'select few'....whoever they are.

Is there an elected committee among the GB? If so, how many are on it, and how many are allowed to vote? If not, who decides what goes on the banners?
    Im only asking as i dont know what their procedure is and how they decide what to put on the banners and who it is that decides....ultimately.

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

A bit like the players then or is not ok

When have the green brigade said they speak for other Celtic Fans

Aye it's like Parliament.

17. HereWeGoAgain

Malmo was a * disgrace, one of the most disgusting performances ive seen from a Celtic team in my life. If the banner is all they get they got let off lightly.

Who in their right mind would boo this banner? Some of these * are on 10 grand a week, waking up in their mansions, strolling into training in 50k motors in the middle of the day, hair gelled, having a laugh and a joke, a wee workout and a kick about.

They should have been crucified for that pish, never mind a * banner.

The ones booing want to get a grip of themselves.

18. Kurt 2112

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Banner was spot on. Doesn't matter if it was before a game. The players aren't children, they should be able to deal with the criticism and take it in stride. As for the board hopefully some changes occur that will see us into the champions league next year whether it be a new signing policy or other changes behind the scenes that ensure success. Well done the GB. :50:

19. MartinR

No ones ever said that the group speak on behalf of the Celtic support, the Celtic support is made up of lots of different groups, csc, charity organisations and many more all are more than capable of making a banner or voice there opinion.

That banner voiced the opinion of many, if you don't like it tough. Simple as that

20. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Totally agree mate. It's the same with all the Ronny bashing threads, and doomsday-a-coming. If we insist on the public airing, can we not lock the forum or somehow hide the threads ?