1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic park- is it time to increase capacity and refurb stadium.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Aug 16, 2023.

Discuss Celtic park- is it time to increase capacity and refurb stadium. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Then there's people like me, who are not on the list who would buy a ticket if available. Had to give up my ticket for a while, but would get into going again.

2. saltire78

Given fuel inflation recently that's not quite as daft as it sounds...

Maybe...

:56:

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    We've sold out games for a long time now. I find it impossible to get a ticket nowadays.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
    Slaw likes this.
  4. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Aye they’ve sold out due to season ticket sales but plenty of empty seats in some games, been a few games i’ve been unable to buy two tickets together but when you watch on tele you see quite a few empty seats. Thats where talk of buying a game off of a season ticket holder came from, not 100% but I think Arsenal offer this

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Barrowlands redevelopment is priority, that’s well under way.

I got the drawings to price for fire and security package a few weeks ago. There’s a fair chunk of work involved in that.

6. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

It strange how these myths originate. I even thought that the old school that used to be out the front of the stadium was a listed building. I was certain of it. Dont know why I was certain of it. But I was. Then it just knocked down when they refurbished the 'Celtic Way' outside the old stand. I was surprised. It couldnt have been a listed building at all

Random Review likes this.
  7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I completely agree that we should be doing something like that as well but there is demand for more tickets than the ground currently holds.

We've not even opened up our waiting list for season tickets this year, I believe. Last time I checked, there were 17k people on it iirc.

eire4 and AdamRS like this.
  8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    How's that looking?

There's loads we could and should be doing around Celtic Park, too. We should be making it an area to attract people to come to from far and wide even when we're not playing games.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It was it became so badly unstable on the inside that they got permission to take it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Current capacity is 60,411
    Jock Stein stand - 13,000
    Lisbon Lions stand - 13,000
    North stand - 27,000
    Main stand - 7,411 (not listed)

so main stand could be brought up by approx 13,000 to make capacity approx 75,000.
    This could bring in approx an extra £6,500,000 revenue just on season tickets

KRS-1888 likes this.
  11. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Aye....as The Bunnit told us.....season tickets are the answer. You are not relying on every week gate receipts which go up and down depending on if you are winning or not. If the money is taken in at the start of the season....its guaranteed revenue. Honestly sometimes when you think about the old board before Fergus....you wonder if any of them had any kind of business brain between them. Thick as pig * the lot of them were. And somehow these people made themselves rich in other business ventures outwith Celtic. It makes no sense

KRS-1888 likes this.
  12. horseshoe

Anyone that knows a bit about construction able to make an educated guess how much it would cost? I mind a while ago talk that sevco filling in the corners of their pit could cost upwards of £20m, and Hearts upgrading theirs a few years ago ended up costing about that as well, though that was wildly over the projected price construction costs have gone up a lot since then, would we be looking at something in that kind of ballpark or even more?

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Easier said than done though, what do you do with the main stand season ticket holders and everything else that goes with it including the dressing rooms, trophy room, catering etc whilst it's torn down and rebuilt.

14. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    I do bit that old type of work. I'll get in contact with Lawell and come and give him a good price. I've got me own van and ladders...so Im no cowboy as you can tell. I'll tarmac the whole driveway aswell for them.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

To do it properly you would need to flatten and rebuild, so can't see when it would be viable.

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I know people are free to pick and choose the games they want to come and see but I've regularly seen a few empty seats near where I sit and I just think it's strange that you pay good money for a season ticket and not come to the games. Same when I used to drink in the Drovers Pub in the Gallowgate where some guys who I knew were season ticket holders would would opt to just sit in the pub and miss the game.

17. vortex666

Didn't they say at the last agm that it would cost upwards of 100 million just to upgrade the main stand so won't be happening this decade maybe even next

18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Thats why I couldn’t commit to a season ticket as i work some weekends so would be a waste and selfish imo, but if you could sell on certain games it would make sense

Dan Breen and Wee Baldy like this.
  19. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I used to mind people sitting in The Turnstiles or The Springfield Vaults that had season tickets....and like you say....just sat in there and missed the game. They were right next to the park aswell. And both those pubs were total dives. They'd need to pay you to drink a pint from their taps.

It just didnt make sense to me....sitting in a pub right next to the park and missing the game when you've already paid to go

Wee Baldy likes this.
  20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Do they still have the laws against drinking at the football? If so, it kind of makes sense to me. I feel there should be more nuance TBH. I'm totally on board with no drinking being allowed at the Rangers games for obvious reasons and perhaps (arguably) a ban on drinking for away fans too; but how much danger really is there of it all kicking off on a rainy Wednesday night against Motherwell at CP?