1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I’m hoping he does something different against Atalanta. I’m not expecting to beat them but we really need to avoid another cricket score being added to the growing portfolio.

As mentioned by others, it’s strange how we changed our approach from the Chelsea/City/Hun games.

2. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I get why everyone is saying we should set up more defensively after we've just been beat 7-1. But just a couple of points - Dortmund's weakness is in their defence and their strength is their attack so why sit back and not attack their weak(ish) defence while allowing them to attack us at will with their strong attacking players when our weakness is also in defence. If we'd set up defensively I think we could have still lost heavily the only difference being we wouldn't have scored or created any chances - see Scotland v Germany (though they did get a lucky OG).
    The only team to give us a game this season albeit against a weakened team was Falkirk who were applauded for coming out and attacking us unlike all the SPL teams who had been hammered when they played defensively (like everyone wants us to do).
    AV didn't necessarily get a result against Bayern by playing defensively - they have players of a near similar level to Bayern so there's not that gulf in quality - it's possible they'd have won by more if they'd attacked them.
    For the record, I do think we should try playing more defensively against Atalanta simply because we've got to try something different.