1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lovely, lovely football.

I don't care what happens against the likes of Dortmund and Atalanta (a few more windows like the last and we'll be good enough that I'll start to care; but for now, I don't think we're ready); but keep up this kind of football domestically and do well against our peer competitors (Bratislava, Young Boys and Zagreb) and I'll start to fall in love again.

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

3. Big C

I listened to Brendan’s interview, doesn’t sound too hopeful for CCV.

4. murphy88

Everyone still bored of the football?

This is the best football we have played in a long time. It’s every bit as good as Ange’s style going forward, with a better structure defensively.

Mr Shelby and Wee Baldy like this.
  5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's definitely getting close. Consistency this season has been good, other than the Hearts game. Still not as exciting as Ange's first season for me but if we get any type of result on Tuesday I might start to consider that.

6. saltire78

Angeball was better in regards to pure entertainment because it was an exercise in Shock and Awe written large upon teams. This is different, in that it feels more clinical and strategic... It feels like someone crunched the numbers in an exercise in Lean and Optimised System and we're enacting a project to Eliminate Waste, and now we're moving into the fine tuning portion...

I'm very worried that I'm getting carried away too quickly, or leaving myself open to getting rolled over by management/players leaving or the board doing it's usually about-face, but it really feels like we're going for the next phase this time... We've all talked this "good game" for so long now it feels like a danger we're inventing it in our own heads at this point... :56:

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Best football I've seen imo.

We are getting consistent 90 min performances pretty much. Subs seamlessly coming in too.

Don't even look like conceding. For me at the moment it beats ange.