1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum

Maybe so bud, although I said it at the time as I believed it to be true.

Great intensity under Ange, fast paced attacking football and brilliant work rate off the ball.

To me however, it lacked control and organisation. It looked to be a bit chaotic and off the cuff.

Off the ball that is. There were clear attacking patterns that we seen repeated time after time.

martin_d likes this.
  2. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yeah I wasn't one directing abuse towards him but I did think at one point he should walk as I felt he was never turning it around. I failed to take into account he's managed at the top level (and for good reason), and not only has he turned it around, he's made us even better.

Your post is spot on.

3. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I think he has took what Ange done and adapted it, under Rodgers before we were quite tedious in our play, all about possession and patience, now it has a bit more penetration and urgency at the right times, its not all out attack but less tedious.

4. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    He's got us so so well drilled and dangerous as an attacking unit.

These wide overloads often see us with 3 players on one wing attacking at the same time which just causes mayhem for opposition defences .

Hatate often drifts out left or runs in behind ahead of Maeda on that wing with Taylor also supporting our there .

Engels does the same on the right pretty consistently , joining Kuhn and Johnston. (MOR before him )

We get so much joy from these positions , options with triangles , you can go down the line early to the most advanced runner (Often Hatate or Engels ) , inside slightly if the full backs have inverted , inside to the CM , or the winger can just take his man on as the CMs and full backs have dragged people away leaving the winger with one man, space and time to take the man on and carry the ball into the box/byline. Creates space , time , and options in the attacking third time and time again . The CM that hasn't drifted out wide is always available edge of the box , opposite winger back post attacking potential crosses , with Kyogo in there sniffing aswell. Options , Options , Options.

Add to this that he has now made Kyogo extremely adept at coming short as well as going in behind , we really are a * unpredictable , constantly moving nightmare for defences .
    We can score goals playing narrow balls through the middle, shooting from distance of from either flank. Seen plenty of evidence of all these types of goals and opportunities this season.

Oh , and now Engels is on corners we're actually scoring from them now aswell.

A lot of that we saw under Ange obviously but Brendan has added those mentioned elements to it and actually fine tuned it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2024 at 12:30 AM