1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

This team would beat the invincibles for me. This is the best version of a Rodgers team we've seen.

2. PaddyJamieson

Another top winger is crucial - that's what we'll prioritise you'd think.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Mo-Neill12 likes this.
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd be punting Palma and Yang and bringing in one top winger and then another project type. But a higher level of project if possible to replace Yang.

murphy88 and PaddyJamieson like this.
  5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Been a real critic of him last season but think that sort of stuff is hilarious. Hope he keeps on doing it.

johnboy19 and Jeannie960 like this.
  6. crazy-horse1977

Thats the level that we should be aiming to bring in to a greater extent in the next window and beyond. Projects are ok, you'll unlock a gem now and, but it should never have been the mainstay of our recruitment policy.

Buy an Engels type for a greater fee, but the rewards in 2 or 3 seasons are vast when they go for 4/5 times their price. The board should have done this first time round with BR. An elite manager, one we are lucky to have.

7. FrankMcCallum

The press and off the ball work is night and day compared to even under Ange.

Yes we had a great intensity with Ange but it wasn’t really a press. Individuals like Kyogo, Maeda and O’Riley just full pelt sprinting at someone, and when they got bypassed we were wide open, particularly in Europe.

Now there’s proper triggers and it’s synchronised the way it’s done.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    100% agree and better than Ange's for me..

This Rodgers side is the most complete we've seen..

Skelleto likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Spot on..

Was just saying this side is better than an Ange one for me and you've summed up a big reason why. Our front 3 hunt and packs and are backed up by the midfield triggering in to action and a high back line..

This is the best and most fluent Celtic side we've seen in years in my opinion. We don't give up many chances either and barely have in any games...although I appreciate tougher tests lie ahead..

The Prof and FrankMcCallum like this.
  10. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    It’s certainly miles ahead in the GK-CB area, and the midfield is better balanced than Rodgers Mk1. Probably getting to the stage now where the front 3 is comparable; same with RB.

11. Bad Ambassador

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Brendan is on our side 100%. He left us in the lurch but that was a power move, you watch. He's putting real pressure on the board and slowly creating the winning environment so that they really don't have much choice.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye. If you look at it, it's very clear the differences in the way we tactically approach games now.

Anges teams are high energy and fantastic to watch but it can be very risky and disorganised in the same way.

Rodgers has us pretty set at the back and able to counter quickly whilst also having that well executed press that largely isn't leaving massive gaps.

A huge amount of work has gone on in the summer. Kennedy and Strachan etc also deserve credit.

13. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    The Joe Hart video makes sense as to why we were dysfunctional for majority of last season. We were so insanely well drilled into a style under Ange that it took far more work to change that than I thought.

I also think Rodgers has us playing out from the back much better. We seem to know when to push it quickly on a counter or just be patient with it and it's not just McGregor showing for the ball now. Everyone trying to make themselves an option.

14. TheHappyLoss

Guy has been outstanding since the turn of the year

15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Love him. A great servant to this wonderful club.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

16. murphy88

As much as I liked Hart, I think Schmeichel is a big reason for this. It’s basically like having a midfielder playing passes. He is unreal with the ball.

17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Totally agree.

Even against the huns we scored some of the best team goals i’ve seen in a long time, especially the one that was comically called offside.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. PaddyJamieson

Too early to compare this side to the Invincibles or Ange's side imo, only been a few months they've really been purring, a few weeks if you think of this side as the one with Engels and Schmeichel in it. Need to wait and see over the season and judge it then.

What I will say is the football been played over the last few weeks is at least as good as either of those sides.

19. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Confirmed what I'd been saying watching Joe last night. A lot of fans put it purely down to poor recruitment (sack the board grrrr) but there were so many things that made things get to where they were at our worst. The transition from Ange to Rodgers and everything that went with it, was a huge factor.

It's been nothing short of miraculous how Brendan has stuck to the task and turned it around, to the point we're now talking about being at our peak level post MON era. Amazing man.

McChiellini.., Wllm and Pogues like this.
  20. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Brendanometer heading towards Saint Brendan if he gets a couple of points at the next two tough games