1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

Aye, Hatate is key for us. I think a lot have forgotten just how good he is. In Ange’s final season, he was the best midfielder in the country. Injuries completely gubbed last season for him though. Keeping him fit will go a long way to us being successful this season. He seems to be enjoying his football again as well which is a huge plus.

2. Big C

Can we please offer Brendan an extended contract.
    Without him we wouldn’t have won the league last season, no doubt about that.
    He has us playing the way we know he can.
    He has improved so many players already this season.
    He knows how a big club should be set up and run.
    Just do it Celtic.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2024
  3. kenniemk2

My theory is Rodgers is quite a technical manager
    He has a dossier printed out for every match that gets handed to players even has a profile on the chosen ref for the game ange liked to keep it simple and stick to that formation and don’t break it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Who would he replace though? Because at this moment I don’t want kyogo, Maeda or Kuhn dropped. I’m actually really happy with the squad for once. I’d prefer us to give some opportunities to any promising young players we have coming through whilst there’s a chance. Maybe even at left back giving frame or Anderson their chances too if Taylor ends up leaving/contract expiring

5. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Think he’s being found out for that exact thing down at spurs now

6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I love Rodgers again.

I'll love him even more if he starts getting result in Europe.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's taken me a while but the last few months of the season to this is my favourite version of him..

No bullshit. Swagger and fight in him when it was right on top at that point and he's been class, witty and conposed. Shown his worth and then some..

Even in his first spell I struggled to listen to him much. Always thought he talked utter * and could see through him, even though I didn't expect him to leave how he did. I'd always turn off any interviews, pressers or whatever but enjoy his ones now..

9. Foley1888

This is it for me basically look to swap out Nawrocki and Palma for a new centre back and left winger. Depending how the midfield is looking perhaps another player in there but that might be the summer.

Try get Bernabei away permanently and Tilio. Holm and Yang possibly on loan.

10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, taking no prisoners on or off the pitch.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We won't be far off. Only thing I'd say is I'd rather punt Yang before Palma..

New winger, centre half and possible third type option up top is the 3 positions we should be looking at in January I think. Signing Valle as well obviously if he performs and it's doable..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He's obviously got the measure of teams domestically but it's in Europe where we will see how far both him and our team have came

13. Patrick Bateman

I’m still not keen on him myself. I thought we struggled last season more than we should have. And Europe was a shambles tactically. So he has plenty to prove just purely as a manager. On a personal level, I’ll never trust the * again… snake in the grass! lol

14. murphy88

:56:

A bit like yourself Master Bateman.

Wllm, Mo-Neill12 and stevoEOS like this.
  15. Patrick Bateman

Not at all my man… honest as the day is long. A man’s word is his honour! :)

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Yep. This is one of the major positives I must say about getting rid of so much * out the door. It now means we really should be tweaking every window and hopefully (!!) Preparing for the losses of any key players well in advance.

NakamuraTastic and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Think there's a lot of factors that contributed to form last season. There's no denying once he had a full squad of players we pulled away.

Would also say that just because he was here previously doesn't mean that taking over from Ange meant no settling in period. He was still a new manager for most of this squad. If anyone else was to come in they'd be expected to have time to get their ideas across but that was something many fans didn't seem willing to give him.

Damnati likes this.
  18. murphy88

You appear every so often to post about how we will struggle in Europe or after a defeat. Can spot you a mile away. It was funny seeing you pop up after we have absolutely spanked the huns. Then I saw it was to post in a thread to say Rodgers is clueless and we will struggle in Europe.

19. constant

I will like Brendan as long as we keep getting results and stick to the script .:giggle2:

Seriously, I like the new version of Rodgers on display just now, confident, assured and witty, all good combinations, and he looks on top of his game.

The key for the Board will be to keep Brendan happy, ambitious and well funded for any future, necessary transfer targets.

Rodgers's footballing stock is rising again, and other clubs will have noticed his managerial resurgence, so we must do our utmost to keep him contented and committed to the cause.

20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We struggled in the first half of the season and I honestly feel that was because the club as a whole was in a depression over Ange leaving.

I don't think anyone that we could've realistically got in the dugout could've lead the team over the line like Rodgers did. We finished the last 12 games extremely strong.

Europe has been awful for more than the last decade. He wasn't backed either for the first two windows. We made project signing after project signing. We had no signings from Rodgers' transfer windows start in the Scottish Cup final.

I'm hoping we will turn a corner in Europe now that he has spent some money and we've a favourable draw.

I'm glad and stood by his decision and owned it when he came back. He was right with what he said. Football doesn't have any loyalties any more. Look at Tierney.

We all thought that one of the reasons he left first time around was because of not being backed. We didn't back him again, but have started to. It's encouraging because that's what we as fans want, too.

I'm under no illusion that he'll probably back off to the EPL in the next 2 or 3 years but as long as he sets us up for future successes, who cares?