1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    Who will he let take our pens this season??

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

hopefully Balikwisha, if not, O'riley :fear:

BhoyFitz likes this.
  3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

4. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Fund this man to bring in the quality he needs. Style of play he can get the team playing can be a joy to watch

martin_d, neilly1987, HTG and 3 others like this.
  5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just saying similar in match thread..

Give him what he wants and we're gonna have a cracker of a season man, without a doubt..

7. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Definitely, could see it last season in the CL the style of play he had us playing but like he said himself we lacked that bit of quality. We need to prioritise from back to front though for me. Our defence was constantly letting us down last night. Getting CCV and AJ back will be great obviously but it’s the other side that’s the worry. An Idah type striker, a quality left back, quality left centre back, another quick powerful runner in the middle and maybe a winger and we’d be looking very strong. Thought schmeichel really made a differende first half too

8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

9. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just give BR the company credit card for a couple of days.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    100% mate. He couldn't have done anymore with what he had at his disposal in the group..

Has his feet firmly under the table again now since we started motoring down the stretch for the league. He's been more bullish, confident and got his swagger back..

Think maybe a combination of his relegation scars at Leicester and coming back to us with a lot of question marks and bad feeling from quite a few, meant he was holding back a bit. Was a new environment again, he was leaving a lot of the recruitment side down to guys who've been gutted now..

I understand some frustrations about us no getting everything done as soon as we'd like but I'm genuinely excited for the season. I haven't watched any full pre season games yet but from our highlights alone, he's got us playing with a real purpose and clear style. I'm positive we'll end the window in good shape also with what he wants..

11. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I’m looking forward to the season meself, last season even when he came in he wanted a look at the players we had before bringing in his own then with jota and starfelt etc leaving he was already on the back foot. Then it took ages for new players to get to grips with his system. The end of last season and pre season seems to be clicking.

I’ve watched all the pre season games and the best 2 performances were against the two better sides, obviously fitness and regulars coming back play a big part but a lot of good signs. I’m hopefully he’ll get the players in he wants but still slightly concerned with the lack of movement so far especially in defence but not panic stations yet. Going by his comments it will be closer to the end of the window most likely for us to get in who we want

neilly1987 and McChiellini.. like this.
  12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Does he have the guts to leave if the board fail to deliver the targets he wants?

13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

14. themouth1888

His comments made about the signings are positive in a way but I also think hes trying to distance himself from the fact he's the issue.

Similar happened last time when he walked so hoping we get our business done and keep him (and us) happy.

15. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Interesting this. Noticed Reo was sharp against City, some typical Reo forward passes and looking happy. Would be massive to have him on top form and fit for at least the next few months.

Think any unrest in the squad last season, due to the change in manager, is well and truly in the past. Fingers crossed Reo has turned a corner.

ardis1967 likes this.
  16. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Personally, I don't believe he has the balls to leave if the board don't back him. He knows what he's doing setting the stall up for the fans to blame the board for failing to strengthen the team. I think he's a yes man and will continue to toe the party line.

17. murphy88

Hatate just looked frustrated in general last season, and I think it was down to him being injured and not fully fit when he came back, along with playing to a level that he knew was nowhere near his best. He is a quality player who was probably the best midfielder in the country the year prior to that. We need him fit because in my opinion, Hatate at the peak of his game is even better than O’Riley.

Random Review likes this.
  18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Naw in the ego's world the only rule is whats best for me. So he'll only walk if he has another offer on the table to take up. Then it gets spun to be like he done a noble thing, like last time.

Bernie Bhoy likes this.
  19. murphy88

:56:. Most folk, yourself included still can’t get over the fact he left, never mind saying he done the noble thing. If come the end of this window we are weaker than last season, he would be well within his rights to leave if another offer come up. For what’s its worth, I don’t see it happening anyway.

Peej likes this.
  20. murphy88

What like last time you mean?

In all seriousness, if we don’t strengthen whose fault is it? There’s not a manager in world football who wouldn’t want his board to spend money and strengthen the squad.

Peej and martin_d like this.