1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Just back from Celtic Park - quite a long wait on the bhoys coming back but brilliant atmosphere.

Manager's speech at the end - short, sweet but beautiful.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If he's backed this summer, I'm glad he came back. I think he can build something special. If.

The Prof likes this.
  5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I think he's in a strong position tbh, he can say to the Board look what i delivered with the players we have, now we have to take that step forward and raise our ambitions.

If (and aye it's a big if lol) the Board fully back him, as you say it could be very special, great times ahead.

Sgt Neppers*, cfcturbo, JML67 and 2 others like this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's played a blinder.

What a roller coaster season. Delighted for him tbh.

7. FrankMcCallum

Amazing manager. Complete domestic dominance in his time here.

Would be interesting to see him line up with a team of players with a few signings that he sanctions or even approves of.

We could probably be a half decent team and be competitive in Europe.

8. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Give me a D
    Give me a. O
    Give me a. U
    Give me a B
    Give me a. L
    Give me a. E

DOUBLE!!!

Random Review and Rydo1888* like this.
  9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's done a fantastic job in fairness to him. I wasn't convinced he was the man to take us forward and that period in the middle of the season I wanted him gone but the way the team has dug in when needed, then the football we started to see when we built that momentum at the key time in the run in, he takes a lot of credit for.

Deserves backing off the board this summer as we have levels we can go up. Over to you now Celtic.

Random Review likes this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye and can't see us not getting players in. The board basically apologised about January so will be going full out this summer. Hopefully early on because I can't handle @Blochairnbhoy having more melt downs 5 days into the window with no signings yet :56:

11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I just loved how he's been so measured and so calm before and after the games. He's allowed them to make absolute erses of themselves with all their nonsense in the media. I think that this has been a landmark season in more ways than one :36: Penalty Rangers has become a laughing stock throughout the world. I wouldn't be surprised if it influenced European bodies when they left our refs out of all the major competitions. Notice how they can't buy a penalty now :56:Despite all the help they've been give all season the refs are now reluctant for them to reach that very questionable world record. It Rodgers time again and I hope he gets us a few trebles before he leaves.

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He's won me over. He got through some of the injuries and when we actually had a full squad, probably only last 6 games, we've been unstoppable. In our last 12 games, 10 wins, 1 PS win and 1 draw. Last 9 league games, 25 points.

The Huns manager is absolutely frightened by him. All 4 games have been the Huns trying not to lose rather than win. We haven't had dominance in Hun fixtures like this since Rodgers second season.

13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Imagine having the ability to get the 50% of fans who didn’t want you back to fall in love with you again AND fall in love with Lenny all over again.

Back him in the summer and watch us flourish.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. donnegal celt

I don’t think he has go to board. He got Desmond on hand and I think Desmond back him this summer or he walk.
    Hope he has balls to say to Board and Desmond back me or am off.

The Prof likes this.
  15. murphy88

Our tinpot board made his decision to leave us easy. We cannot make the same mistake again. He is a top manager, and a league and cup double considering the injuries and shocking recruitment is a great achievement. He has absolutely played Clement like a fiddle the last two months.

16. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I was of the mindset that he was the best man for the job when we appointed him and glad he is winning the remainder over.

Just really really hope we sign some real quality in the summer. Standing still would be a ludicrous gamble from the board, Rodgers won the double despite the awful transfer windows. Idah is clearly the best thing to come out of both windows and again highlighting that £6m mark is the mark we should be aiming for with signings. The money is there, the opportunity to is there, let Brendan build the best version of Celtic he can

17. DonnyCelt

Look what he's achieved when we, and himself, believe he wasn't backed properly.

Imagine what could be if the board do back him with the quality he wants.

I wasn't a fan of him coming back, it's been up and down all season, but when I mattered, really mattered, he's delivered. And I'm delighted for him.

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * need to sign a few early mate we get to the 30th June that's some tax getting paid on the profits if we don't!!!!

Random Review, honda and charlietully like this.
  19. Foley1888

Should do especially if Frimpong moves or we sell anyone before the 30th of June. With the Abada sale we will be making a big profit again this year.

Hopefully we have a couple lined up to come in even if it’s signing Idah and possibly Bernardo plus if we win the race for Casteels or another keeper lined up and anyone else we are trying to get a deal done for.

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

It's the euros. Nobody moves until after them. Always the same :fear: