1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No offence taken. I know I am being negative and I know that is annoying.

The truth is, I do feel very negative about Celtic at the moment. I think we're a poor team compared even to last season and I genuinely don't understand why we chose to do that. It's the confusion more than anything. At least if I could see a reason why we did that, I could live with it. No one has ever given a convincing explanation other than sheer incompetence. Hoarding money? Why would we do that? Interference from Lawwell? What would he gain?

Ange's teams would wipe the floor with the current team. I know the Covid team was a **** show, but all of Lenny's teams from both stints bar that one would wipe the floor with us. Brendan would probably find a way to beat Ronny's teams just because of the gulf in class as managers; but Ronny's teams had better players overall than the current team IMHO.

I'm not saying we don't have any good players left (McGregor, O'Riley, Maeda, Kyogo, Hatate, CCV); but every one of them signed 2.5 years ago or more and we will inevitably lose at least 1 (O'Riley) this summer. And we still don't have a structure in place that convinces me that we'll do better this summer than we did in the last 3 windows.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    * reading that :giggle1:

HoopyT and HTG like this.
  3. Pogues

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting our current team would be challenging at the top end of the of the epl, but saying Burnley and Luton would wipe the floor with us is as negative as it gets and wrong imo.

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If we were in the EPL we would have the revenue that comes with it, no question we would be competitive.

5. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

I like you random but your football opinions are * horrific

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's a very sweeping statement. I know I certainly hold some terrible opinions at times (just based on some I've held in the past that I've later regretted); but I think some of my opinions have been pretty accurate too at times.

martin_d likes this.
  7. Slaw

This current team would not find it easy in the EPL for sure and would probably be in a relegation scrap but to say that Luton and Burnley would wipe the floor with us is ridiculous. McGregor, Hatate, O’Riley, Kyogo, Maeda, Johnston and CCV would probably ALL start for Luton.

There’s a difference between being wildly negative and being realistic.

martin_d and JC Anton like this.
  8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Well this one is * nonsense

Trying to say Burnley and Luton would hammer us embarrassing stuff

martin_d likes this.
  9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's how it looks to me. It might be wrong, I've been wrong many times before; but I'm not embarrassed. I think we all get it wrong sometimes and all we can do is say it how we see it and be open to contrary opinions.

I think from this point on, I'm going to pretty much refuse to engage on this issue with any post ("post" not "poster") that calls my opinion embarrassing, horrific, an embarrassment, ****ing nonsense, etc (and at this point, there have been several). When you get 3 or 4 of these in a short period, they start to mount up and to feel like an attack.

I will continue to discuss it with people that want to tell me I'm wrong without insulting me and to tell me why they think I'm wrong (I must admit there have also been several of these). I'm open to being persuaded to change my mind.

Pogues and bhroom like this.
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

give me whatever drugs you've taken because the ones I'm using isn't strong enough obviously

Jeannie960 likes this.
  11. Gurru 991

Big fish in a small pond syndrome. To improve you have to compete against the best & Celtic are cruising in a very poor league. I would love to see Celtic & Rangers playing in the English football league but someone needs to explain to me how this could happen

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Either reform at the very bottom level on English football or else every club down there votes it as special dispensation to start higher leagues. So either way, never will happen, and personally I would * hate it to. Spitting on our history and achievements, spitting on Scotland and hitching ourselves to a * soulless inflated entity of a league that’s the antithesis of what Celtic is.

It’s a convo that raises it’s ugly head every so often, it’s a non starter and thank * for that personally. Sell our souls to the devil that.

This season wasn’t exactly cruising either btw.

Doogs. and Morcombe like this.
  13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’d probably be more confident against a team with the big name than * like Luton tbf, in a one off sorta game. Over a league season? Aye I’d expect to come out on top. It’s nonsense comparisons though - if we had to say seriously put us in that league, suddenly we get £100m broadcast deal being there and we’d probably be instantly bought off Dubai or some * like that, because we’d be the biggest potential in the world with the fanbase, size of the club, history, profitable as * with money in the bank.

We wouldn’t actually be us anymore. Could probably get Ange back right off the bat there :56:

14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    :56:

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    It will never happen. Aside from the fact that clubs down there wouldn't want us having a share of the revenue they have enough toxic rivalries down there. If we and the huns entered that league there would be carnage :56:They would garner more of the Unionist support down there. Can see it now we would be up against hun loving supporters at every game! The rivalry between us and them will never die. It's literally in the * DNA :56:

16. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Stop being so sensitive

Random Review likes this.
  17. Lewis Kerr

I shudder to think where we'd be without him.

He's a man mountain against them, always.

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's honestly my number 1 pick to go against the huns.

Doesn't matter how we play, he has their number.

Go on yer self Brendan.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    His know how to beat them is top drawer..

We had players out on their feet let's be honest and he's managed to make this a stunning season in the end..

A double a couple months ago. Well in Brendan..

20. D. Dziekanowski

Poor mans suit jacket is going to be humming after hugging all those sweaty *:BR1: