1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Ange got 93 points season 1. We're on track after a "disaster" to beating that.

Then ange got 99 with a full strength team, a team thats been ripped apart since. We're potentially 3 points off that total.

So why should we be 10 points ahead? Only one manager has actually managed those totals in recent history and he's the manager we've got now.

The great ange is on track to 5th in the epl. A feat that is expected with the team he is managing. Rodgers managed that with a worse team and won a cup.

The board better back him.

2. Sween

In 2021-22 Celtic finished on 93 and rangers 89.

Currently with 4 games to go, Celtic are on 81 and rangers 78. So if Celtic win our next 4 games we finish on the same number of points and if rangers win 3 and lose 1 (the derby) they will finish on 87 so 2 points off. That is really much of a muchness.

The ending feels different as this season we were ahead by some distance at the start of the season and blew our lead. In 21-22 we started bad and finished strong. Things aren't great by any means but as long as we win the league there aren't terrible either

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We've had 24 different goalscorers this season, which is a new record for us.

Previous record was 23 in 2015/16, Ronny Deila's last season.

Not a record you'd want really as it just sums up the amount of changes to the team and different guys playing.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

You want the team full of goals from everyone. Much better than relying on one person.

5. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    'The only reason they are close is because of the stupid points we've dropped'...and the dodgy VAR refeering...

Let's never forget that corruption cos it could rob us of £50m

johnboy19 likes this.
  6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Said John Hartson and Chris Sutton to Henrik.

7. murphy88

If we win our last 4 games to finish with 93, I think Rodgers has done very well to only finish with 6 less than last season given the injuries, players that left and recruitment. Incredible you have fans at this stage actually wanting him gone.

McKagan, Crilly and HoopyT like this.
  8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Well since my maths are * get him sacked :56:

murphy88 likes this.
  9. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    It was interesting because he knew him in a business capacity and stated he’s a competent and respected individual within the business community. He has been the instigator behind their Anyone/everyone campaign and the driving force behind the mygers ponsi scheme. Thats in place to basically monetise the non-attending fans as well as the attending fans.

I pointed out that he is still in charge of serious loss making organisation, and asked him if turning SEVCO into a break even operation would constitute success for Bisgrove and he agreed that was his likely next step.

The conversation was enlightening, because there has been a series of spivs or crooks in charge of SEVCO since their inception in 2012, but to hear a sports business insider singing his praises was worth listening to and acknowledging.

Obviously they are an organisation that is hopefully years behind us in terms of Revenue and contracts and sponsors etc, but this Bisgrove appointment could assist them in closing the gap in financing and other sources of revenue.

10. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Brendan doing one better than big ange :BR1:

SmartSelect_20240503_131308_X.jpg

:56::56:

Sgt Neppers*, KRS-1888 and honda like this.
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Love it. I'm warming up to his shithousery :56:

Rydo1888* likes this.
  12. Foley1888

He is some man Brendan. One thing I do know though is behind the scenes he has always been quick to make everyone involved at the club feel part of something, well maybe bar Gustaf Lagerbielke.

When they done the invincible treble he insisted all coaches down through the youth teams and staff got a commemorative medal/plaque acknowledging the part they play at the club. It’s not a massive thing but he is very much into that sort of stuff and it isn’t just for the cameras.

Crilly, honda and KRS-1888 like this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Who's that diet * at the back again?

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers, has scored his second Glen’s Manager of the Month award this season after the Hoops retained the top spot in April with an unbeaten run of results.

The Hoops secured seven points in April, with a 3-0 home win over St Mirren, a 2-1 away victory at Dundee and a 3-3 draw at Ibrox.

The manager’s undefeated streak in April has kept the side three points clear at the top of the Premiership league table.

Colin Matthews, CEO of Glen’s owner the Loch Lomond Group, said: “After returning to a managerial post with Celtic at the beginning of the season, Brendan Rodgers has really made his mark with an impressive comeback to Scottish football.

“The club’s results throughout April place his side in a strong position at the top of the table, making him a worthy winner of the April Glen’s Manager of the Month title.

“I extend my congratulations to Brendan and the coaching staff, and I wish Celtic all the best as they prepare for the final games of the season.”

The manager said: "I'm delighted to accept this award on behalf of the players and my backroom team.

"We have enjoyed some excellent performances and results in the past month both at Celtic Park and away from home.

"The players deserve enormous credit.

"We look forward to returning to Celtic Park on Saturday in front of a full house and, of course, we hope we can continue this good form at such an important part of the season

Crilly and Rydo1888* like this.
  15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

16. Sgt Neppers*

3 of 4 games left at home. 3pts ahead. If he doesn’t win the league. He goes. That simple. Inexcusable.

It's May, and he would see us all then. Strong as squad as he's had all season. Now is the time to bring it home. If we win tomorrow, cannot overstate how massive a stride that is towards the title, whilst laying all the pressure at the huns feet.

Time to deliver. Bring it home. :ynwacelti

Crilly and Foley1888 like this.
  17. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    rodgers saying he’s been ‘managing’ CalMacs appearances lately, rodgers should never have brought CalMac on against the huns, felt like we were a man down in midfield that led to the drawn game.

18. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    I fear for next season if we buy Idah, scales new contract and lawal coming back who people seem to think should get a chance after playing well in a Sunday league team.
    Will be even tougher next season, we really need a few decent players to come in 1st team. Hopefully Rodgers has been guaranteed a good budget after the shitshow he got to begin with.. I didn't want him as manager but I reckon he'll be here next season aswell so hopefully he has a better team to put out next season.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
  20. murphy88

Good performance from Naismith’s *.

That was the best performance of the season. Team full of desire and wanting to win the game. Class from Rodgers and the players.

NomDePlum likes this.