1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right behind him. Mon the BR, bring it home.

2. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They’ve played like that this year, I watched them against Frankfurt twice, the away game they lost and missed a good chance at the end, similar to them taking us all the way but not seeing it through with the penalties. Harsh us that is on them. They have a level in them, and they have quality in that team looking at the league position is * damning as *.

They have the 3rd best team in Scotland, and where they are in the league it sounds a ridiculous shout but they have raised their game several times this year to where they actually should be performing.

That was a classic semi final we had to get through and make sure we get to the final, took us all the way. Style of game that to a man years gone by it’d be a sigh of relief and a thank * we done that, final to look forward to.

Instead right after the game, came on here and * were calling for the sack for the manager, unacceptable etc.

Entitled is the right word. Arrogance is another. Need to check ourselves with * like that. That arrogance and entitlement was why I * despised them when I was just starting to follow us as a wean mid-90’s. They still have that without any success, we need to look at * sometimes and realise we’ve been experiencing a golden period. The cup dominance and Trebles, pre-Rodgers, remember the way we viewed a double or treble? Annoys me so much

eire4, Doogs., Sonic Reducer and 3 others like this.
  3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

4. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well said bud. Entitled and Arrogant is spot on.. I'd also add Ignorant to it as well tbh.

eire4 and honda like this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

@Liam Scales there may be a little arrogance and entitlement within our support..

But, a substantial amount of criticism is warranted.

Especially in how we're currently run as a modern day football club, which has no doubt handicapped Rodgers in managing and coaching the club, with substandard players we've brought in, over the recent transfer windows.

However, with the players we have, we've definitely underperformed. And his game management has left a lot to be desired at times. I feel having a higher calibre player is getting us through just now rather than anything I'm seeing from Rodgers.

It will be really sweet if we manage to get the league won and maybe a possible double, but the truth is we shouldn't really be in a title race. It will probably be one of the most memorable because of how close it is..

We get behind him and the players and hopefully celebrate a successful season.

After the celebrating we need to address what's wrong with how we do business.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

What's the story with the kitman?

7. JamesM09

I think generally makes sure the kits are clean and ready to go. Backups in case of blood on the jersey etc.

Nah just kidding. He kinda shouted at him at the semi for seemingly speaking with Bernabei but I don’t know the details. Did Rodgers addressed it?

NakamuraTastic and JC Anton like this.
  8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Speaking with Bernabei? Is he not in Brazil? And who did the shouting?

JamesM09 and honda like this.
  9. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    See it was Bernardo not Bernabei.

JC Anton likes this.
  10. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    He had a real go at the kit man at one of the breaks last week. Who knows why. His comments about it today were patronising as well.

johnfife1959 and NomDePlum like this.
  11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    And they've got an absolute * of a manager.

If we win, he'll 100% say about how when he took over they had no chance but he got them to the last few weeks in the title. He'll forget to mention that Beale only got 6 penalties in his first 20 odd games in charge, compared to his 16!

Refs have kept this a close race, not the huns. That's even with our * ups.

12. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He yelled at the kitman to get out of it when he was talking to the players inbetween full time and extra-time. Kitman had come over and talked to Bernardo aside and BR told him where to go and brought Bernardo into the team talk he was having with rest of the team. Not a problem for me and certainly not patronising.

13. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    I'm trying not to comment as if I start I won't finish.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

So he should. * infuriating as a manager if other * are talking when you've got a limited time to try get a game plan across

MynameisEarl, HoopyT and murphy88 like this.
  15. JamesM09

Ah must’ve been Bernardo right enough, my bad

NomDePlum likes this.
  16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Heard the kitman was trying to tell Bernardo to drop into defence more often and cover the back post as Aberdeen were obviously getting into that area. :93:

17. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Yup!

18. murphy88

That’ll no stop some in here mate. Good job it’s no a kit woman or he would be getting accused of being sexist as well as patronising again.

honda, HoopyT and Crilly like this.
  19. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    It was at end of extra time and right before penalties, and considering Bernardo was one of the penalty takers, Rodgers was 100% right in telling him to get to *.

Absolutely no need for kitman to be on their distracting 1 of the penalty takers before they are due to start.

May have been joking, may have been a bit patronising but the kitman does need to know his place. It's not Ted Lasso

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Mate met him in St Andrews having a stroll in his celtic gear yesterday evening. Players staying there before the game. Stopped for a decent wee bit and seemed very relaxed and good spirits. Another guy I know met him after the Joe Hart thing earlier in the week and said similar.

Does seem to have time for the fans tbf to him. Now get the title won ya *. :BR1: