1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The Huns are romping to the league as we are floundering, no exactly rocket science is it?

A back seat Moderator should know these things.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  2. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander I believe the saying is, aye?

upload_2024-2-26_18-43-39.png

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The window was absolutely a failure by the board but its also a reflection on his ability to push for what we needed..

It can be both..

JML67, neilly1987 and Artorias like this.
  4. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Mountain out of a molehill, typical non story.

5. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Yeah, the first half was shocking but he at least changed it and got a reaction. Too many times this season he’s just stood there and watched us continue to be * and not looked bothered.

6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    True. I liked that Iwata came in too. He's been a puzzling omission for me a lot of the season.

For me it's still more some players making a difference in the game than anything Rodgers is doing. Thought the same at the Hibs game.

7. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

The worse thing about this is instead of focusing on our win they're talking about some comment made in a presser.

8. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    You might be right. I’ve not been impressed by Rodgers at all this season but thought yesterday was an improvement from him- that’s all I’m saying. Even the fact he’s snapping at reporters, albeit in a clumsy way, at least shows he cares which hasn’t always been evident recently.

neilly1987 and NomDePlum like this.
  9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yawn.

3 separate posters on the previous page (who have all been posting here for years) said they had no issue with the questioning. To immediate dive in with hun accusations is just cheap and childish.

It’s entirely possible to not see some sort of media driven narrative. Most of us are fully accepting of the fact we’ve been below par this season, for one simple reason - we have.

10. Lewis Kerr

Why do you think Rodgers didn't want Kuhn? He clearly wanted him going from his quotes. Rodgers repeatedly said he only signed off on quality additions for the window and didn't want to sign players for the sake of it. He also waxed lyrical about Idah and said he'd known and wanted him for ages. I don't think you can say that Rodgers didn't want these guys when he was clearly happy with them at the time.

“It is more quality than quantity, for me [Come January]. I think there will be more out than coming in.”
    -Brendan Rodgers (October 2023)

“We are delighted to welcome Nicolas to Celtic.

We believe he is a dynamic player who has an excellent level of quality and all the attributes to fit well into our style of play.

He has the profile we are looking for, he has a real attacking intent, a player with great pace and ideas, the ability to create and score goals and a player with a great energy and work ethic."

-Brendan Rodgers (January, 2023)

Kuhn insists the call from Celtic and a chat with boss Brendan Rodgers made up his mind to make the move to Glasgow.

He convinced me to come here and everything he told me was really nice and I had the first training session today. There was some interest from other clubs but the moment I received the message I didn’t think about going somewhere else.”
    -Kuhn (January, 2024)

"Who identifies the players doesn't really matter, it's really about finding the quality and the level of player that can come in here and help us progress."
    -Brendan Rodgers (February, 2024)

"It’s just about the level of player. We could have brought in players to fill out the squad, but that’s not what we need. This team needs a level of player that’s going to allow the team to progress".
    -Brendan Rodgers (Feb, 2024)

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

There's always been a Hun love in when it comes to the media in this country, especially when things are going well for them...

Our performances have rightly invited criticism, the harshest from Celtic fans..

So, it definitely can be both..

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Hun accusations? I’ve literally called you ‘a section of the Celtic support’ to which you’ve responded.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    My thoughts on the narrative chat is summed up by this:
    [​IMG]

(for Rangers)

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    That’s fine, but in this case the conversation is basically:

Rodgers: “there’s a story been written about this group, but we’ll write our own story”

Interviewer: “can you expand on that?”

Rodgers: “no”

Intervener: “no?”

Rodgers: “you know exactly what I mean”

Interviewer: “I’m not sure I do. People would probably like to know”

And it trails off there.

I guess my point is - I’m one of those people who doesn’t really know what he’s referring to about the ‘story being written’, and there’s evidently a few others, none of whom deserve the hun tag thrown at them simply because they’re not all seeing the exact same thing.

15. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Heard he was going to call her a "hun cow" but changed his mind at the last minute.

telle, Sgt Neppers*, Wllm and 2 others like this.
  16. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The problem I have with it is it's the type of thing I say to the wife while gently thudding my * on her face (post *).

JML67 likes this.
  17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    A section of the Celtic support who a ‘hun narrative’ has ‘seeped into’.

As I said, cheap and childish.

18. Sween

The insulation from Rodgers is surely that there is a pro-Rangers bias in the media creating a narrative to deliberately unsettle his team. Whether that is true or not I have no idea as I don't read the tabloids and he probably doesn't either. Besides Celtic podcasts the only football media I pay attention to is the BBC and I don't get any impression of them being out to get Celtic.

Also feels like a stretch for him to claim there's a media agenda in claiming rangers are doing very well and Celtic are struggling when that's objectively true. It's what we all spend all day on here moaning about!

19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    What does the wife say to you when they/them do the same?

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Lol the media's noticed the turn in fans feelings after that win. Better go full on with this to create a storm and keep the negativity flowing. He said good girl, I say hun cow.

NakamuraTastic likes this.