1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

FFS man just do the talking on the pitch.

2. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He had a similar interview his first season first time round, to manage fans expectations and patience for the team. It’s a stark, very noticeable, difference in how we responded to him doing it first time round to the general response to him this time.

Fans lost the respect for him when he left, and he’s not done enough to win that back yet. He needs to realise that because more lectures to ‘educate’ the fans will just sink the lack of respect for him lower and lower.

The polished philosophical BR character he plays needs put away for now, the times we’ve responded to him this season has been when his mask slips and you see frustration, anger and passion. It’s a rarity that though.

I agree with what he says and still think awch * up man :56:

JML67 likes this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Speaking about narratives a lot. Only narrative I see is him and Neil Lennon trying to infer Celtic fans don't know when their team is in a good place. Well we've just watched them for two years play fast aggressive effective football so it's not hard to call a spade a spade when we're struggling to score goals from open play every week.

Artorias likes this.
  4. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Thats true, but there was also a widely agreed upon opinion that we couldn’t or weren’t playing that sort of football when Hatate and CCV weren’t there. When it was Mooy/O’Riley/Turnbull any of the three together infront of Calmac, it was labelled slow and laboured.

We compare it to Ange’s team at it’s very scintillating best, and it was largely that, but the pushback to the narrative being created that we’re in crisis and a freefall which has gathered steam in the media - yes, we should point out that we’ve won 8 drew 1, lost 1. Including a win against on form, on the up juggernaut Rangers if you’d buy into that narrative.

We aren’t playing great football, we frustrate the * life out of me but they’re right to point out that we’re nowhere near whats being made out. It’s just feeding into the negativity that is around us just now, and if we were competent off the pitch in our recruitment in January, that wouldn’t be where we are as fans. That full interview there is a lot of words for him to basically ask us not to turn on the team if we’re not winning 20 mins in, Parkhead’s been a hinderance at points this year because of that. GB ban it was * horrendously bad and it effects what happens on the pitch to a much larger level than I’d expect man.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  5. NewcastleBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Back home in Derry
    Whole sesson
    Agree and for NL to say otherwise is poor..only thing I'll say is we can't change anything till end of season now so everyone needs pull together and show fight...Team, BR and us...

JML67 likes this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The paragraph about Kyogo and space in behind is misleading. People have stopped trying to find him, and switched to some patient pish.

7. murphy88

Yip. With the players that left, with the injuries we’ve had this season, along with the likes of Hart being another year older, it’s been nowhere near the same team. It’s been an unsettled team for most of the time as well because of players getting injured. Your other post about fans losing respect for him leaving is why it was always going to be difficult for Rodgers when results went against us.

I actually think we overachieved points wise in the first round of fixtures given the teams we were fielding. The points total we have just now is probably there or there about where you would expect considering boys like Mikey Johnston, Turnbull, Yang, Forrest, Scales, Taylor and Hart have all either played major or supporting roles this season.

8. Easydays

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy Mc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He will win the league but this summer is a big opportunity for fans to maintain pressure on the board while not allowing it to be manipulated into negativity against the team.

Rodger’s will be in line with fans frustration. Progress in Europe becomes easier the more the manager and fans are in sync.

NewcastleBhoy likes this.
  9. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The board do not give a single * about the fans opinions, and will continue doing what they want.

Even when the last time it got to such a stage that a full tier was shut at Parkhead due to it, they plodded along, and got shaken out of their reverie not because a lower league Rangers knocked us out a cup but because after it Dermot got offended at a Hun director celebrating infront of him and not shaking his hand.

Even if we hit them in the pocket, they’ll do whatever the * they want.

10. NewcastleBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Back home in Derry
    Big Ange had everyone pulling in same direction but this season everyone us, board and players seem to have own agendas which I think comes from not believing/trusting BR...Still can't understand why left when he did? Everyone makes mistakes and we all need to back him or we hand newco the league...BR also needs drop the media face and show what celtic means to him...give us some passion and fight..speak for us and be honest instead sitting on fence trying to please board

11. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Pretty simple that one - we stopped backing him, and he got a cracking job offer so left to go manage elsewhere instead. The trying to take every single staff member thing with him was what soured me. That and his disregard for Kieran Tierney’s health, playing him through injuries etc has * his career and that’s my major problem with him.

But he left when he did because we didn’t do enough the previous two windows to be able to keep him.

12. NewcastleBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Back home in Derry
    Did big Ange not do the same? I'm sure he wanted JK and others with him?..when manager leaves majority of them try to take staff with them and tbh although staff important the manager is the main man...KT love him and agree has duty to protect players but is he really cause of injuries? Ultimately a player knows if fit or not and he's played loads times since...be honest the real reason is we loved him and not only left but total lack of respect for us with his timing not the above...I'm with everyone else felt gutted and angry but he's showed guts coming back...just wish he would stop trying to be a people pleaser as its doing him no favours...start being a leader and lead...show us some passion and fight...deliver what u promised..win us title

13. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    No he tried to gut out everything that was in place before he was there. He attempted to go scorched earth really.

14. NewcastleBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Back home in Derry
    I can't really remember who they were but get what ur saying it's total lack of respect..whether people like him or not until end of season there is only one option that will win us league and that is to be 100% behind him anything else and gift newco it...

15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Oh absolutely no issue with him putting * in the media in their place. Just think talk of fans being entitled or having unreasonable expectations is out of order while we're struggling to find the back of the net against out of form, inferior opponents.

Saying that, I won't give a * how ugly we've won pints if it ends up with a league title come May.

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Think a lot of * have bought into the narrative, but it’s because in general, the clubs been incompetent and it feels negative

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

For me it's the other way around. Fans are frustrated and the media jump on it and sensationalise it as they do everything.

Club also haven't helped the situation with the poor transfer window(s).

18. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Get him tae * now.

19. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You can * off now. Shouldn't have been back in the first place and now he's gifted a rotten hun team the league.

TIART likes this.
  20. Dubliner1

He's definitely in trouble. Dropping points today is the last straw for me. Before this game was behind him but this is going nowhere now. Others have highlighted this previous but today is it from me. Needs to go ASAP