1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

It's hard to work out our management structure. Who does he report to directly? Nicholson? Imagine we had a DoF lol. Imagine we looked at one of the up and coming European clubs who achieve more than us in Europe and tried to poach their DoF based on their actual performance.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. murphy88

Prove us wrong in what way?

3. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Club is a shambles. If he wasn't a *, I would feel sorry for him.

Maresca doing a cracking job at Leicester as well.

I wanted the guy that's now manager at Bournemouth. See they're 13th in the Premiership but not sure if that's decent or not.

4. TheHappyLoss

He knows * all, couldn’t name you 3 Celtic players. Granted Rodgers cannot be happy with this.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Iraola? That was my pick of the bunch when linked after Ange.

We wouldn't go for him or a maresca type as both would want modern approaches, something we pretend to do, but don't actually.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    In fairness, anyone who was in charge of Leicester would be doing well with them. Barnes and Maddison aside, they're still playing a lot of the players that got them into the top 10 of the Premier League in Rodgers penultimate year. Justin, Pereira, Vestegaard, Dewsbury Hall, Iheanacho, Daka, Vardy, Ndidi etc.

Iraiola, who is now in charge of Bournemouth is doing very well after a shaky start. His team are really starting to click, now.

Knutsen, who was the other fan favourite, just romped to the Norwegian title again, with Bodo.

The_Bhoy, NakamuraTastic and JamesM09 like this.
  7. celtic20

I think he's away in the summer. He's a lying * but clearly hasn't been helped by the board.

8. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

At least when he leaves in the summer the squad isnt absolutely * like it was post Lennon / COVID season.

NomDePlum likes this.
  9. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Mad situation altogether, surely he’ll be off in the summer. Literally 0 faith in the club backing him for quality signings especially after the whole 30m war chest plus the jota fee :giggle1: I’m worse for believing that *

charlietully and NakamuraTastic like this.
  10. Sgt Neppers*

He's the victim of a horrible culture off the field, that has been permeated through the corridors for a long time.

Too many of the suits behind the scenes happy with the status quo and some literally have no idea how to get out of this culture.

Mckay was the only person to come in from the outside and was swallowed up and spat out from it.

Nicholson is beholden to it now also.

Rodgers would be better advised to suck up to it and play it more straight. His reaction last week were very poor though. Just acting like an * defending the board and criticising fans.

Crilly and NakamuraTastic like this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Maybe his reasonings coming back was he knew history would repeat itself but the fans would soon see the truth and finally know the fault lies at lawells door surely if Rodgers goes again after winning the league the lawell surely has to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    It will be sadly..there'll be a few defo leaving..

13. Lewis Kerr

The best post I've seen regarding Rodgers and the whole situation was made by someone on KDS. I think this guy is bang on the money:

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

It will be a massive rebuild id imagine. If we win league we might be able to persuade a few to stay and a few decent players to come in with a crack at the new CL.

However if we lose it and don’t qualify it will be some job to build a team. MOR as good as gone. Hatate quite likely too. Kyogo if he’s not firing much and with his age the board will be happy to accept any decent fee I’m sure. With our new model of cheap projects only and the fact we will be even more tight fisted if we miss out on the CL it could be a pretty brutal time here for a bit.

Can all be avoided though if we can win the league but it appears the board aren’t to bothered about that. Just need to hope the team and manager can get a proper system going that we can start blowing teams away again. Be a tense next few weeks.

15. Martybhoy53

Toeing the party line with his guff about transfers. A yes man who blows with the wind from one day to the next.

ddub11 and JamesM09 like this.
  16. murphy88

Rodgers was calling for first team ready players before our game against Gamba Osaka in pre-season. So it wasn’t him changing his tune after the huns binned Beale. He has been consistently saying we need quality. Which a blind man can see we do.

17. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I will be glad to see him go, the standard of football has gone backwards so far this season, says one thing and does nothing, I really think he looks out of his depth here.

NakamuraTastic and Lewis Kerr like this.
  18. PaddyJamieson

Yes, and then going back on it in his next interview saying he's happy with developing what we've got etc.

He's been giving mixed messages from the moment he came in the door, which is par for the course with Rodgers, but doesn't make it any less frustrating. He's obviously trying to toe the line with board and fan expectations, but it's just coming off as untrustworthy and he's making himself sound like he doesn't have a clue what he wants.

19. jvalin

Convincing the board to invest money in the squad is part of what makes a good manager. Rodgers is partly to blame for our inability to make deals and identify talent. Man management skills include conversations with the board as well, not just with the players.

20. PaddyJamieson

Whether or not you believe this journo, this does seem to be the consistent problem across Rodgers' career as a manager. He's happy to go out to the media and say 'I need this' or 'I need that' or call out the recruitment, but is he really doing it behind the scenes? He has a track record of terrible transfers and every time he ends up calling them out publicly. This suggests to me there's a more deeply rooted issue of communication between manager and board.

https://tbrfootball.com/he-told-us-...-with-brendan-rodgers-over-celtics-transfers/