1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Seems more * off at the fans than anything else.

This type of window wouldn't have happened under Ange.

Wouldn't be too upset if he did go.
    Football has been brain damage and hes been so passive. Hopefully the Lawwells follow him out.

Lewis Kerr, James Mc and johnfife1959 like this.
  2. JamesM09

I agree. His football is appalling and attacking the fans like that when you’re serving up utter pish is outrageous.

James Mc and johnfife1959 like this.
  3. DonnyCelt

Wouldn't be surprised if he resigned on Friday morning.

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He has to take a portion of the blame though. He needs to stand up to the board instead of sticking up for them and throwing * at the fans.

Transfer windows were like this previously under him too . Even under Lennon we seemed a bit more efficient in signing players even if some of them were rotten.

The board need shot but Rodgers has to carry some of the can for it too. It's not a coincidence the transfer windows have mirrored his last spell.

5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He won’t yet. He’ll have the ego to believe he can prove everyone wrong. It’ll be after 1/2 to hiccups he’ll leave before it to too messy.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  6. murphy88

He has been asking for quality players since the summer window ended. Our * club captain has been calling for them as well. What part are our board not * understanding?

It wasn’t that we didn’t sign enough players in the summer. It was the lack of quality that was the issue as our scouting department are useless.

7. CountyDownFaithful

Totally went off him.

He continually said we needed quality in the lead up to the window which got us excited. Only for him to backtrack and talk about bringing through youngsters etc instead.

He then had a dig at the fans at the weekend.

His football is dire to watch.

Out of League Cup.
    Out of Europe.
    Almost squandered a 10 point lead to a Huns side who had their worst ever start to a season.

I know we’ve got bigger problems than the manager right now but I honestly wouldn’t care if he walked.

If he’s not going to challenge the board and be happy to accept project / loan signings then what’s the point in coming back.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  8. celtic20

Time to explain yourself you lying *.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  9. CountyDownFaithful

Surely journalists will be queuing up to ask him his thoughts on our business compared to his expectations, especially when he kept talking about squad needing more quality. There’s no way he can mask this absolute disaster of a window and if he’s any respect for the support, he will tell us what’s went wrong and why.

10. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    He’s proper whipped, total shitebag came back to the spl and let us dish out * players that he deep down knows aren’t good enough but just goes along with it

James Mc likes this.
  11. themouth1888

Really can't see him sticking around much longer. No chance he's initiated this signing.

12. DonnyCelt

Get him tae * with the board!!!

seanm and James Mc like this.
  13. Pearse67*

Get him out to *, the board too!!

tellin ya this season gona end in disaster

seanm likes this.
  14. Martybhoy53

“Mark has done a wonderful job getting the quality we needed. Very pleased with the additions.”
    This is the sort of guff I expect Rodger’s to spout. Doesn’t give a toss about the supporters. Egotistical *.

seanm likes this.
  15. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    We are teetering on disaster. But I can't fully blame him. Not his team, not his players. He's towing the party line as he needs to keep his job. He is trying to get the best out of a mostly average bunch.

16. James Mc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He is a shitebag, Ange wouldn't take this pish

Lewis Kerr, NomDePlum and seanm like this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If he wins the league with how * our Windows have been then well * done. Gonna be an uphill battle with ccv out

18. seanm

Get protesting thursday morning guys unless fecking messi rolls up lol. This board finally needs chased asap or we are fecked for the forseeable future.and rodgers too. Never wanted him back.same * different day.its OUR TEAM AND OUR MONEY FFS. HH

19. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

People always go on about his recruitment being poor. But i honestly believe he’s not signed one player since he’s came back. Yang? Kwon? The centres halves, even the ones that have turned out decent like Palma and Bernardo hed have no say.

Remember Shved?

Sinclair was his and I’d guess Castagna was his idea too as he took him to Leicester. He also wanted McGinn big time. That’s why I wonder why he came back. Sinclair is the only one he managed, hes far too ambitious for this club.

murphy88, Random Review and Mr Shelby like this.
  20. James Gold Member Gold Member

I agree with you but Rodgers made a rod for his own back when he defended the recruitment at the AGM and said he gave the green light on all the signings. We now see Kwon out on loan, Lagerbielke should be out on loan and Tillio supposedly heading back to Australia all within 6 months. He can't slaughter the board at the AGM I get that but he didn't need to bow to them

Luis1967 and Sgt Neppers* like this.