1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    From 2003 to now, I don’t think Aberdeen etc were the biggest challenges for us. One of they seasons the not challenged is thrown at us we got the best ever CL season for a Scottish club as well, most points in group stages, most goals. And then yes, we * it after that by again going cautious as *.

it is downplayed the era we’re in for me mate, they’ve had something like £120m loss in the seasons we got 4 trebles, to try and match us. Eventually the one we cared about majorly they got in a weird as * season, that they absolutely nearly broke themselves to do again.

There is absolutely 100% stuff I’m seething about and I want him the * away from the day to day running of the club, I wanted Bankier the * away majorly as well btw, and I’d swap him back in at this point.

The depressing thing for me is I think we are actually genuinely trying, I don’t think BR would be back here if we weren’t. But the guy in the job just before BR forced it to happen, he made direct professional good business revolve around the club on his own.

He’s left and he’s doing the same to Spurs, a club that isn’t renowned for that either.

And we have a guy in place with a superb pedigree in the game, who is respected at every level through our club, has the favour and ear of Dermot. And we’ve went back to * at it.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He’s no daft is he, he’s not included Lawwell as a boardroom guy there. If he says great relationship with him as well, fans get more annoyed. Not mentioning him, also puts himself out there as more in charge signings wise, which is a thing he’s been saying since he’s been back.

but he ends that interview contradicting his ‘need quality’ talk in November/December

3. Denzel Alonso

I didn't walk away from Celtic mid season *

4. Denzel Alonso

What happened to brendan bullshitter " hopefully 2 in early "?

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That would be Brendan bullshitting, so… nothing happened to him? He brendan bullshitted and kept existing?

Denzel Alonso likes this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    After this interview, one has to wonder why Rodgers came back. The board won't budge on their strict financial criteria, and Rodgers is not exactly skilled at working with meager funds. We are not a club that should be hiring Rodgers in the first place, if we aren't prepared to match the appointment with a transfer funds and wages expansion.

Peej and Crilly like this.
  7. murphy88

The guy before Rodgers was doing it without Peter Lawwell in a position of power. We are acting the same way now as we were prior to Ange. Has that all been down to the managers? It’s no coincidence for me mate, there’s too many pieces of evidence there to suggest that Lawwell is playing a major part in how this club is being run both now, and prior to Ange.

I also never said since 2003 we had to beat Aberdeen etc. I said for a large spell we did. That is a fact. The last 12 years has undeniably been the easiest time to dominate Scottish Football. Which we have by the way, I’m not disputing that. It can’t be disputed it’s been the easiest time either though to put it into context.

The fact those horrible * have been down the tubes, created a new club and have reached a European final whilst we have been unable to win a European knockout game in the same time and well before that is nothing short of a disgrace.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    Crilly and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  8. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    It's his birthday today - will the club get him any presents

9. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Birthday presents for males over 50 are like new LBs. Not to be relied on. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  10. Pogues

I don't see a contradiction mate. He's still saying he wants to bring quality in, just that it's not that easy.

FOr me though he's clearly accepting full responsibility for any signings we make during that interview so maybe lawwell not as much involved as some would like to think.

11. oh bhoy

rodgers waffling a lot of * again about why we have failed yet again on the recruitment front ,no * is demanding £20m players and no * is demanding signing more squad players pretending that there is a scarcity of players that would improve our first team available for under £20 m in the world of football is * bullshit

Denzel Alonso and Peej like this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not sure why he's mentioning £20m players at all. No one I've ever spoken to or read online has asked for a £20m player. Ever.

Nice he at least then acknowledged that £6-7m players are attainable. Much like we've been told for many years now. But we hardly ever push that boat out.

The fact we can all name them on the one hand, over the course of about 8-10 years, shows you how few there are.

£6-7m players shouldn't be an outlaying exception.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    See you here in May..

You better wise up you..

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    People can say he's been shafted in the window but he has CCV, Scales, Kyogo, Bernardo, Cal Mac and O'Riley. The other clubs managers would throw their gran to the wolves to have them. We shouldn't just getting by.

NomDePlum likes this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Gotta be shouting the walls down at the board after today.

Surely to * man.

It feels like the 10IAR season a bit in the sense that the issues are there staring us in the face and we can all see what's gonna happen but the club are doing * all.

17. Sween

Our transfer policy is rotten but Rodgers also has to take some responsibility for how poor we look against really mediocre teams this season. That performance against ross county was rotten - no pace or energy or bite to the team at all. We have about 25 players in our squad that would walk into that ross county team. Really poor.

18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yet, he said there's merely hope of a few signings, no expectations. He's been told there won't be any strengthening of the first team. It's up to him to tolerate it or pack his bags.

19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Style of football is woeful. Makes good players average the way he has us spreading the ball along the backline all day long with little to no attacking threat coming from it.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I 100% trust him in games against the huns, he has their number and they're petrified against him.

Problem is, I don't really trust him against any other SPFL team. Today should have been a day to increase our goal difference, yet it ended in a nervy 1-0. Our home form has been utterly abysmal in general this season.

I give him some leeway as I do geninenly think this squad is abysmal and in need of about 3/4 new players, and he can't do anything about Bernardo missing a sitter and Palma missing two penalties, but it's torture watching us play now.

Morcombe and PaddyJamieson like this.