1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    @McGrory1888's sound, probably not got the same info since he retired from painting with @Blochairnbhoy

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Stick them both on a wee fantasy land and let them get on with it

3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

4. celtic20

A big, big week for him.

Ideally a convincing win at Dens Park followed by any sort of victory at Celtic Park against the huns.

Imagine what winning those games, plus the final one before the winter break at St Mirren, would do to the confidence of this side. Totally flips the narrative heading into the second half of the season and gives us a lead heading into it whilst also providing the opportunity to add players from a position of relative strength in the league.

Rodgers needs to get these next 7-10 days spot on in everything he does at Lennoxtown

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
    Crilly and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Find him really uninspiring and gives me no confidence he's at all involved in much.

Still think we are in a good position to win the league but once that is done hope we look to replace him.

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

7. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    If we replace him we will 100% replace him with a puppet that the lawwells can control and transfer windows with all kinds of mediocre * from Australia and Korean 2nd division will become the norm.

Having an experienced manager with enough clout to be listened to by that auld * Desmond is best we can hope for until the lawwells * off for good.

murphy88 likes this.
  8. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I've been trying my best, but can't force myself to fully root for him.
    An extremely successful January transfer window business could be a game changer.
    I realise though it's a rather unlikely scenario.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  9. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    And you think that's a description of Rodgers? Don't think he's any of that anymore, plus whatever effect he's having on our style of play is chronic.

10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

11. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He 100% is that type of manager. Desmond is one who appointed him, he's Desmonds manager so he will be able to go to him and say this isnt working and this is not how this or that should be done and he has enough respect and experience to his name to be listened to which I think we will see evidence of in January.

I don't for a second think Desmond would of listened to a Maresca, Knutsen or Deila.

Moaning about our style of play after a performance like today is a bit strange to be fair. Aye it's only Dundee but that has to be one of the most dominant battering iv seen in a long time. It's absolutely * all to do with his style that Kyogo makes a * of the 1v1 or Palma misses a sitter of a header from 2 yards out.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
    honda likes this.
  12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Don't agree but fair enough. Really not enjoying how we play this season, it's shapeless and unconvincing.

All we needed today was a victory and we got that. Not complaining about that but obviously not seeing what you are seeing in the manager.

13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    I'll judge him once he's been allowed to bring in his own signing and not be dealing with a squad of 32 players where at least half of them are mediocre pish signed by the lawwells

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    I'll judge him like I do all Celtic managers, when he's in charge of of the team selection, tactics and coaching. Not seen him do much positive with any of that yet.

He has a full window at the start of the season, which is much more than Ange got, and I still fully expected him to win the League at a minimum. Same for Rodgers.

15. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Most managers would struggle working with 1 hand tied behind their back so I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack for the moment.

NomDePlum likes this.
  16. murphy88

So you think Rodgers was behind all our summer business? Kwon, Yang, Tilio etc?

17. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Wanted 4 "quality" additions to supplement existing squad. Got none of them. Doesn't exactly scream in charge

18. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    My tuppence worth;

Rodgers came back and has inherited signings that for me, were obviously in place to suit Ange's system, i.e. they aren't Rodgers' signings. I think we are definitely a team in transition, and i think Rodgers has to be given January at the very least to get rid of who he doesn't fancy going forward and try to bring in who he actually wants. I'd like to give him next summer too as January is a particularly difficult window (and short...).

I'm not judging him too harshly at the moment. Obv it's verging on criminal to lose and 8pt lead, but he has been unfortunate with injuries to key players at key times and trying to make-do with players that he doesn't/didn't necessarily want to suit his style. I really wish people would stop being so negative, if it looked like we'd be struggling to hold on to 2nd place then i'd maybe understand but cheesy-peeps, we're still top, and if we beat them on the 30th, we're still clear at the top, what's the panic...? We still have half a season to go.

Contrary to popular opinion, i'd really like MJ to show that he can cut it, Rodgers obviously thinks he can, so why should the supporters not trust that and give him time. I know he's had a few games now but it's still not a decent 'run' in the team.

I think the team still did well in Europe, the performances were good but obviously it's results that count and that's where we were lacking, but for me, signs were positive.

At the end of the day, in my opinion, it's going to come down to the board giving Brendan what he wants which i can't see any reason why they won't, they did with Ange so what's different...?! If they don't, i can't see him hanging about and to be brutally honest, i don't blame him.

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  19. murphy88

The majority of our business in the summer were going to be Celtic players whether it was Ange or Rodgers in charge. That’s the reality of it. We have overloaded our squad with projects. Most of whom aren’t ready. That’s not down to Rodgers. That’s down to our boards transfer policy.

martin_d and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  20. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Agree with all of that with the exception of the phrase "cheesy-peeps"