1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bosun Lawal

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Bosun Lawal in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Goggzy60

part of that was no one being good enough I think if Doak was here last season he’d have been a starter.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I do like the look of his ball carrying and physicality in the middle. Fairly mobile as well..

Could see him being useful at times domestically but in am ideal world he goes out to a top 4/6 side and plays every week..

He has something we're missing in the middle though. Could be a surprise type. See how he gets on in pre season in some tougher games..

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Think the main thing is not to have a meltdown if he makes a mistake in Pre-Season.

We are a * of a fanbase for knee * reactions. Worse than the English media.

Tommy25, ardis1967, murphy88 and 8 others like this.
  4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I think the key will be is he going to be able to make a meaningful contribution to the first team this season or would he be better with a season loan to a side like Aberdeen or Hibernian. Clearly its too early to say. But there is definitely real potential there.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He hasn't done that but he made alot of players better in his time here. McGregor, Forrest, Armstrong, Christie, Ajer, Tierney etc

Tommy25 and Ryanm1984 like this.
  6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Youngster Bosun Lawall has been given his chance to impress Celtic in pre-season. The defender is wanted by Birmingham City and is also attracting interest from Fortuna Sittard.

7. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Yeah I agree but he now has someone that he can work with and develop. Sending him to work with * like Robinson or Mcinness at St mirren or Kilmarnock isn't good enough

8. Goggzy60

To be fair Ajer went to Killie and came back a much better player

9. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He did aye, but not under that wee rat * Mcinness

10. calmac23

If we’re sending him out on loan, it should be to the Championship. He had a great season last year in League 1 and has already been linked with loans to clubs in the Championship.

I still would like to see him more in preseason and give him a shot. We miss physicality in the midfield.

11. Mr Cleansheets

Liked him the first time I saw him.

Haven't seen him at all over the last year but I'd love him to have a chance now. Gonna be a very decent player.

12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Great ball over the top for Matt's goal

The_Bhoy, Rydo1888* and Crilly like this.
  13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Bournemouth and Stoke City have registered their interest in signing Celtic defender Bosun Lawal, sources have told Football Insider.

The two English sides are keen on the 21-year-old but face stiff competition from Austrian side RB Salzburg.

Celtic are expected to be willing to listen to loan and permanent offers for the centre-back who impressed on loan at Fleetwood last season.

With fellow Irishman Liam Scales and Swedish international Gustaf Lagerbielke firmly ahead of him in the pecking order, Lawal may find opportunities hard to come by.

Lawal is said to be open to leaving the Glasgow giants if they’re unable to offer him any first-team chances.

After an impressive loan spell at Fleetwood, in which he scored six goals and got two assists in 47 appearances, Lawal looks set to leave.

A remarkably versatile player who’s equally capable of playing in central midfield, the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international’s athleticism is one of his best assets.

Lawal was recently called up to the Republic of Ireland’s senior team ahead of their friendly victory over Hungary.

Although he didn’t feature in the 2-1 win, he has the potential to be a real asset for both club and country in the near future

14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Thought he had played well so far in preseason. Would be disappointed to lose him on a permanent. A loan yeah certainly.

15. Foley1888

The FI article talks about him being a centre back and Lagerbielke being ahead of him. If we still saw him as a centre back he would have played there in the friendlies over the last couple of weeks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was loaned out but I would actually like to see him given a go this season. Rodgers comments may suggest otherwise right enough.

16. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Has 3 games in the states I suppose now to make a case for being in the mix, if he doesn’t impress inreckon that’s him out the door on a permanent.. looked good but against weak opposition so hopefully does well over there

17. celtic20

Like a new signing....

In all seriousness, would like to see a bit more of him. Hopefully gets a run out or two in the USA which I'm sure he will.

Ignoring that Football Insider guff, as anything from Football Insider should be treated.

18. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Punt and buy another project to send on loan and punt down the line

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wouldn't be selling yet..

Try and tie him down before getting him on a new deal..

His stock will likely rise and we can decide if he's for us long term, or command a good fee..

20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's in a strong position here. Plenty clubs looking to take him so be interesting to see how he reacts to Brendan's words the other day. Hoping he takes it the right way and fights to get a place in the team.

HoopyT and JC Anton like this.