1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bosun Lawal

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by McChiellini.., Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Bosun Lawal in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Another two good goals, his goal return has actually been quality since he’s moved to cm

Hammy89 likes this.
  2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Crilly and Hammy89 like this.
  3. T.Rogne25

Has some great attributes by the looks of all the clips I’ve seen recently. Genuinely plays like Yaya Toure:56:.

i always try and look at it through a Celtic-lease though and a lot of his best attributes would be negated by playing against a low block generally every week.

hopefully comes back and makes an impression because I’d love a player like that in the team. Looks like he has learned his first touch from Maeda for a starting point but wouldn’t be shocked if he got a chance when he came back going by what I’ve seen and read.

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic seems a club Irish players slip in and out of without laying down roots.

Mikey Johnston is having a purple patch at West Bromwich Albion while another January loanee who headed the opposite direction from the Championship, Adam Idah, is revelling in Paradise.

Liam Scales has finally broken in this season after consigning himself in the summer to an exit but consistency of games is an elusive thing for the natives of a country so closely connected to Celtic FC.

Barry Coffey, Jonathan Afolabi and Luca Connell before them gave up on the Celtic dream too.

It’s too early to know if Paradise becomes purgatory for Bosun Lawal too.

He’s part of their legion sent out on loan and can’t do much more for a 20-year-old on his first temporary move.

Fleetwood Town is known in these parts as the League One club whose former Chairma, jailed fraudster Andy Pilley, added Waterford to his multi-club stable in 2022.

They’ve used that link to hoover up top talent from the League of Ireland but it’s been a struggle for survival this year

One Scottish manager, Scott Brown, was succeeded by another by Charlie Adam – after a short stint by Lee Johnston – and they’ve themselves a chance of reviving results to move within two points of safety.

Lawal’s been a foundation of that resurgence, moving into midfield from his customary centre-back position, and operating like an experienced playmaker.

His brace in the 4-2 win over Wigan Athletic earned him acclaim beyond that third tier and he’ll return to Celtic in the summer armed with a contract extension until 2026.

“The plan is to get as many games as I can up at Fleetwood and go again for Celtic in pre-season and hopefully stay at Celtic,” he said, as he gears up for Ireland’s Euro U21 qualifier in San Marino on Friday (5pm).

“Celtic do keep in touch. I speak to the coaches quite a bit and they come to the games sometimes.

“I needed the first-team environment and first-team football and this is what I wanted. Thankfully everything is going well.”

Lawal, who emerged at famous club St Kevin’s Boys before being snapped up by Watford in his teens, will return into the care of Brendan Rodgers as a more complete footballer.

“I’d say my preference is in midfield but I’m cool with whatever,” he said of his recent evolution into a holder.

“Charlie Adam came in and put me into midfield for his second game.

“I hadn't played there at all with Celtic but played had with Watford and Ireland, so wasn’t inexperienced.

“I feel like I can have a bigger impact on the game from the middle than from behind. Going forward and defending shows more of me as a player.”

After dropping five points in the group from winning positions against Italy and Norway, there’s no room for error against the group’s minnows on Friday.

Manager Jim Crawford replaced injured winger Ollie O’Neill with Dylan Duffy, one of the Irish contingent at Lincoln City.

“We’re just going to treat it like any other game,” Lawal said of the trip to the 6,000-seater stadium in Serravalle, their last qualifier until September.

“We’ve just to go there, get the win and keep on moving.”

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

HoopyT likes this.
  6. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Seems to have been a great loan move for him !!

bhroom likes this.
  7. Foley1888

Just watching the highlights of their game at the weekend there. See trying to turn him into a centre back seems insane on that viewing.

He isn’t even playing as like a 6, he was basically playing the Matt O’Riley role for Fleetwood. An attacking 8 that plays on the right hand side getting on the under lap of the winger for a cut back for their first goal and he goes beyond the centre forward for his goal.

Out of all our players out on loan I am actually really interested to see if his performances can scale to at least our domestic league. He is a unit of a boy, does look laboured in his demeanour but when he is on the ball or chasing a ball he certainly doesn’t look a slouch, has an eye for a pass and can finish in the box.

He looks a completely different player to the one I saw trying to play centre back for the B team.

bhroom, JML67, Rydo1888* and 6 others like this.
  8. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good assessment M8, thanks.
    Have you, but any chance, got links to any of his recent appearances?

Crilly likes this.
  9. Foley1888

It is all just highlights of games really.

That was the game at the weekend.

scores a good goal here against Barnsley.

this was when he got a double against Wigan.

There is also this short compilation on him.

He constantly seems to score fairly well on Fotmob for his performances, some of the highlights have him coming from deeper but that first one from the weekend has him pushed right on like an attacking 8.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  10. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thx

11. Foley1888

No problem he’s scored again tonight in the first minute against Peterborough who are one of the better teams in the league. Sounds another good strike from outside the box.

12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Crilly likes this.
  13. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Don't know why he was being shoehorned into defence. He's clearly a decent midfielder if given the chance.

14. john2061

When we bought him he was young player of the year at Watford playing in midfield and we play him at centre half pure madness and we did that with biton as well and who the * is making these decisions.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. Another criminal decision because he was a big lump..

Crilly likes this.
  16. Foley1888

An eventful game for Bosun last night. Scored a cracking goal again, his stats on fotmob show a strong performance in terms of duels and tackles won. He did however hit one of the worst penalties you will see, he did a Palma try bluff the keeper then despite him diving still went that way.

Overall seems like another strong performance against a team at the top end of league 1.

17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC kid Bosun Lawal is attracting huge interest from English Championship and League One clubs eyeing a loan for next season.

The Irish 20-year-old has excelled for Fleetwood Town in a new midfield position this season

The powerful Celtic youngster has been a standout in League One and will have no shortage of options if Brendan Rodgers sanctions another loan.

Lawal is likely to return to Lennoxtown for pre-season training and hopes to get the chance to impress the Hoops boss.

But the Republic of Ireland Under-21 cap could have his pick of clubs if he heads out for more experience and game time.

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully gets his chance in pre-season over in the states see him up against City & Chelsea see how he handles himself in midfield against those and maybe he can stake a claim. Has bags of potential.

20. calmac23

I think he may have a future here, but I’d loan him out again next season (to a higher level, Championship could be good)

Hopefully that CB experiment is done

Twisty likes this.