1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Fat Transfer Window Thread 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Big Fat Transfer Window Thread 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Unfortunately I don't see too much happening until after the Euro's, most players, agents and clubs will want to maximise their value for a Summer move.

stew37 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That's assuming we are targeting players at the euros.

I'd imagine most of our targets probably aren't starters for most sides at the competition.

3. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I was thinking more about how teams squads will look after the Euro's and maybe a player getting bumped down the playing order with a new arrival coming in and a move being more appealing to them or a Club wanting a replacement in who is at teh Euro's for the player we are after.. those kind things.

Mr Shelby and JC Anton like this.
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Wonder how the recruitment is being led.

By Rodgers himself? We obviously haven't announced a new head of scouting or a DoF etc.

Concerning still for a club our size.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'm sick of saying it tbh mate.

6. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye, it's something we've been needing for a while but I think went to the back of our minds a bit after the Jan window with the league being so tight at that point. Definitely needs addressed now tho.

Am I right in thinking that in football most contracts run from June-June?..if so hopefully we mibbes hear something about incoming scouting/recruitment staff in the next week or so..assuming the powers that be actually got their collective fingers oot and have some names lined up.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Thing is I’m sure Arsenal are subsidising his wages while out on loan too.

Loan is more ideal for us in the first instance for me.

Do I see it happening? Nah but it would be nice if it did.

Belgian_lad likes this.
  8. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It's absurd. Being run like a Billionaire's plaything which, I suppose, is ultimately what we are.

Random Review, Hammy89 and Mr Shelby like this.
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It's massively concerning and tbh regardless of whether we have the money make me worry even more about what this window holds.

Proper * stuff.

10. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    He’s finished and injury prone. No.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  11. calmac23

I think KT's injury issues this season have been more poor luck than anything. He's had a hamstring injury and an adductor injury. Most of his issues in the past stem from his knee problems but the surgery he had a season or two ago seems to have fixed that.

I would take a gamble on him on a loan, and try to make it permanent if he can stay relatively injury free. He'd walk in here comfortably as our best player, and would bring leadership and experience to the team.

We have the money, we have a capable backup, this makes perfect sense even if it is a bit risky.

Skelleto and Crilly like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

OH HYEON-GYU is set to lead a major Celtic summer clear-out.

Boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to reshape his squad for a Champions League tilt and the £2.5million South Korean barely featured in the second half of the Hoops’ Double-winning campaign

Striker Oh didn’t even make the Scottish Cup final squad and his chances are likely to be limited again next season.

He signed a five-year deal in January 2023 and initially featured regularly under Ange Postecoglou.

But having fallen out of favour under Rodgers, he is understood to be attracting interest from various European leagues.

Celtic hope to do a deal for Norwich City’s £5million striker Adam Idah this summer and have Kyogo Furuhashi and Daizen Maeda for the No9 role.

Parkhead chiefs are expected to consider offers for 23-year-old Oh and several other fringe men this summer.

Swedish defender Gustaf Lagerbielke, who saw a January move to Italian side Lecce blocked due to an injury crisis, is expected to leave.

Japanese defender Yuki Kobayashi, third-choice keeper Benji Siegrist and Sead Haksabanovic are three other fringe men expected to move on.

Montenegro winger Haksabanovic spent last season on loan at Stoke

Kobayashi and Siegrist didn’t play a single minute of competitive football last season.

Argentine left-back Alexandro Bernabei is on loan at Internacional until the new year but appears to have no future in Glasgow

The Hoops could also loan out South Korean midfielder Kwon Hyeok-kyu to St Mirren again after a successful stint last term.

Irish youngster Bosun Lawal is attracting major loan interest after a successful period at Fleetwood Town

Celtic are weighing up whether to activate the purchase option on Paulo Bernardo, if Benfica’s £6.5m fee is negotiable.

Rodgers is also chasing a new No 1 after Joe Hart’s retirement and could bring in two new keepers if Siegrist moves

Crilly likes this.
  13. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Would he work at LCB beside CCV to try and ease him up a bit ??? I know he plays in a 3 mostly for the National side

14. calmac23

I think he’d be good there but you’d also lose a lot of his best attributes. Maybe long term though that is his best option

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Brendan saying the 3 year cycle for a few players is coming to an end and there will be a natural moving on this summer. Interesting comments

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers admits summer changes at Celtic are inevitable due to a 'natural cycle'.

The Hoops boss has made it clear he's in the market for 'quality' additions after last summer's project signings struggled to make their mark. Rodgers has identified priority positions for the Parkhead club to address, with a new No1 top of his wish list following Joe Hart's retirement.

And the Scottish champions are also braced for further departures, with star man Matt O'Riley likely to attract big-money offers in the coming weeks. Several fringe players including Oh Hyeon-gyu, Gustaf Lagerbielk and Sead Haksabanovic could also be shipped out in what promises to be a busy summer for the Glasgow giants

Rodgers told Sky Sports: "I think there's going to be a natural change. Some of the players will have been here for three years. If you look at the cycle at Celtic, then there is normally that change in that sort of third year. It's getting another step in the types of profiles that I would want in the squad to allow us to progress and develop

For this season, I've been really proud of the team. And then come the summer, we'll look to add those bits of quality. Obviously we've lost the likes of Joe who has retired, so we'll have to fill that void as well. But it's a real bright future. We'll take that into pre-season and then we'll look to fly from the beginning of next season

17. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hatate and Kyogo maybe away going by that ?

18. Crilly Hakuhna matata

He’s definitely referring to O’Riley I reckon to soften the blow when the official news of bids comes in. Could possibly mean them too but not sure, I just don’t see kyogo leaving tbh.

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The thought fills me with dread. I do not trust our board and scouts to replace them with players of similar impact. * 3 year cycles. We don't even know if we'll get Idah, the last thing we need is to lose is our best striker and our 2. most creative midfielder, given that the most creative one is very likely to leave.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  20. Sgt Neppers*