1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Fat Transfer Window Thread 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Big Fat Transfer Window Thread 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I wouldn't be surprised if there's talk of Tierney coming back. Up and down time in Spain and clearly not wanted by Arteta. He might just be wanting a move back home and familiar territory.

Whether it would be the best thing for us, I'm not sure. He's a phenomenal player but his injury history is a big worry.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. murphy88

Not a chance we could gamble on Tierney. He would be on huge wages here and with his injury record, it could end up a disaster. We sold him at the right time and got maximum value for him.

3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    We could make a loan move for him? But as Anton said above, i think there is no way Arsenal will loan him out as they will want to bank in on him now. Its now or never for them to get cash for him which i doubt they will get much of.

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Now deleted post but on KDS saying all 3 Koreans are heading to Germany

kenniemk2 likes this.
  5. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Off to watch the Euros together? Nice.

NakamuraTastic, ede, AdamRS and 2 others like this.
  6. apevrak

Tierney might go half the season injured, but what we would get from him on and off the pitch is worth every penny in my opinion. He should be our captain when Calmac hang up his boots.

honda likes this.
  7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    We cannot risk it. Especially for the money it would cost.

Unfortunately, he’s someone who is destined to be loaned out until his deal runs out with Arsenal. He will end up at a mid table premier league club this season. On far too much money per week to be giving up that sort of contract and no team worth their salt is giving him a long term contract on serious money. It will be continuous loans, to prove he can keep himself fit until his contract ends.

We cannot take the risk on him. He’s likely well above anything we can afford on the pitch and the only reason we could get him here is because of the support he has for us. Unfortunately, he gets injured for a couple of months around Christmas time and you’re playing important games in Europe and it’s the busiest part of the season.

I’d love him here but we just can’t sign him. We need to move on and he needs to crack on with getting fit and earning a decent move elsewhere.

NakamuraTastic and Belgian_lad like this.
  8. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    GK, CB , LB , RW
    Idah, Bernardo , Lennon Miller and replace O'Riley if he is sold .
    Simple as that no excuses no projects from Korea and no risky punts.

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If he's still playing when Calmac hangs his boots up. I could see Calmac going well into his mid thirties, Im not sure KT goes past 30.

With Tierney you'd be paying premium wages to get someone for half the season or less.

10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    The talk of KT, would you want him on loan?
    I know he is going to cost loads to actually buy but unless he is going to be sold he’s not getting a game next season for Arsenal so the only other option is loan again.

we could be cheeky and offer a loan.

The_Bhoy and Crilly like this.
  11. Belgian_lad

The heart would say yes. But the brain says different. Just checked his injury record. Its really bad, his talent and heart is undeniable. But would or should we break our wage record for the risk of him being out 1/3 of the season at least? https://www.transfermarkt.de/kieran-tierney/verletzungen/spieler/300716

AdamRS and NakamuraTastic like this.
  12. celtic warrior

KT would be wonderful but we couldn't bring back at this stage if his career if not for injuries ruining him.

Pretty sure some still hold it against Rodgers for overplaying KT as well.

But as much as he'd be welcome back... our luck would have it that he'd get the physio team working overtime 24/7 and would be immediately crocked the second he sets foot on our training gorunds

13. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Ooh that's a good recovery from getting the nation's drinks mixed up!

14. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    The last line lol :84:

15. stew37

I like Tierney, he's an excellent player, but his injury record makes it a no brainer for me. It really would just be a matter of time before he was out for a prolonged period and his wages will be massive. Think we need to move on from the idea tbh.

16. Foley1888

You can just see it, we start the league season well Kieren looks great, game before we play them and CL starts he pulls up and misses those key games.

stew37 likes this.
  17. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I think he would come back regardless tbh he’s talked about it a few times how he’d love to come back but was afraid of coming back to even watch games after the backlash he got when he left from fans turning on him, being called a rat etc which I’d say was hard considering how much he loves the club. I think he would be all over a move back here. Injuries are a concern though. I wonder if there would be a possibility of pushing for a loan for him while also bringing in a new left back on a permanent to rotate with each other. Highly doubt it though

18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    KT’s injury record put me off as we’ll end up having to play Taylor for the majority of the season.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We wouldn’t spend anything significant on fees or wages for KT but Rodgers said himself, never say never as far as he goes.

Maybe not this window but no one could rule him out ever returning.

Crilly likes this.
  20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I wouldn't take Tierney, be on too much money and he is just too injury prone.

Just look at him this season, he missed almost all Sociedads European games, missed 3 of their 6 games against Atletico, Barcelona and Real Madrid and missed the first leg of their Cup semi during 3 different decent spells out injured.

If that was to heppen here it would be useless us having him to miss most of the big games.

Chronic knee, groin, shoulder, hip, ankle and hamstring injuries every year. Thats just the last 5 year includes knee, groin and ankle surgery. Before that calf injuries, broken jaw, broken ankle, torn ligaments.

26 years old and probably not an injury he's not had. Probably more injury prone than Maloney or Mikey Johnston.

AdamRS likes this.