1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League Atalanta V Celtic Wednesday October 23 kick off 5:45 TNT Sports 4

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Oct 19, 2024 at 5:05 PM.

Discuss Atalanta V Celtic Wednesday October 23 kick off 5:45 TNT Sports 4 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Martybhoy53

That’s what Celtic will bank. Not me. (I wish).

2. Foley1888

As bad as the 7-1 was if someone had offered me a point front those two games I would have definitely taken it.

Will do the moral of the team good for the next two home ties too. Hopefully we can put on a good show against Leipzig in a fortnight. Get anything from that then we will be in a really strong place.

Hammy89 likes this.
  3. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Good summary and I pretty much agree. I enjoyed watching tonight but got frustrated with just how sloppy we were at times when under no pressure: even Scheimichel punted the ball for a shy. I thought the shape was so effective, keeping great contact between the backs and midfield but still being open to attack when the chance presented. Had we been a bit less sloppy we could have produced more of those chances.

murphy88 likes this.
  4. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    TBH I honestly felt this was gonna be a damage limitation game. To take the Europa league winners and serie A league contenders who are riding high in their league campaign result and leave Italy with a point is a fantastic result. 4 points from nine is great form from us especially now we have gotten 2 of our more difficult games over and done with. Hopefully we can finish with over10 points. After tonight's result I honestly believe it is achievable.

saltire78 likes this.
  5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    A point from Dortmund away, Atalanta away and Leipzig at home, I'd have bitten your hand off.

Gives us a bit more freedom going up against Leipzig.

If we manage to beat Leipzig, we'd be looking to qualify for the playoff round with games to spare.

6. oh bhoy

if we get a win v leipzig with the fixtures we have left we could aim a lot higher than a play off

7. vortex666

Fantastic result very happy feared the worst to be honest. Not many teams will go to that ground and put on a defensive display as good as that..let's remember atalanta score for fun .top scorers in Italy 5 seasons in a row ..top scorer in europa league too ..well done celtic

8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    New Plan: * talk the backline, criticise Rodgers for bring too rigid, abandon all hope a result, go to bed. Wake up suprised and delighted.

9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    SkySports are * LIVID.

"celtic get RARE clean sheet after seven years"

"Palasic breaking records for missing sitters"

"Game shouldve ended differently only Atalanta werent more clinical "

"Celtic pushed off ELIMINATION spot" (Not staying in contention for qualification) while Atalanta with a single point more are nearly making "automatic qualification".

Only thing we did apparently was "stop zappacosta crossing in the second half"

Rodgers is being "defiant"

Celtic "worked for luck"

Brussia Dortmund blah blah blah, Celtics away record blah blah blah

Up ye , ya sevco licking mutant *