1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Deila came across like a PE teacher.

Ange comes across like a mafioso.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'm right on board..

I've watched and listened to everything that's been said today and I'm with him all the way..

I never usually watch full press conferences but everything he said had me excited..

No a single bit of bullshit from him. Shutting down certain digs. Openly wee public bit of pressure on the board for signings. Calm and composed in what he wants. Won't be rushed in to naming a captain, his backroom staff, new contracts. Wants to bring kid's through but only if they're good enough etc etc..

I've ripped him recently, a bit of it tongue and cheek but he's impressive as *..

3. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Yeah another great presser and good answers from Ange, excited for him to get started now. Was also actually impressed and surprised with Dom in the fan presser, liked his answers and how he said Ange will get a blank canvas and will make all final footballing decisions regarding the squad and staff etc. Hopefully he stays true to it

kramer1 and cat123 like this.
  4. AussieGreek

5. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I like the cut of his jib, im on board now haha lets * do this.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

I’ve been on board with him since I spent about 2 nights actually researching the guy, rather than ridicule him as an unknown.

Honestly? I think Eddie Howe knocking us back will be the best thing that happened to us, because somehow we stumbled upon Ange.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

No bullshit is the most important thing for me. Obviously the proof will be in the pudding but by * if he is at it then he is one * of a liar. It’s easy to say these things then forget it a second later. He just seems to have honesty and forthrightness coming out of his pores. Love it.

8. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The difference is that the majority of Celtic fans know what the SMS is all about when it comes to them dealing with Celtic . It's inspired by their hatred of our club and their love of all things hun. I'm sure someone will have had a word in his ear re the SMS, biased refs and the corrupt SFA and, hopefully, he will not take their * lying down like our previous managers

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Not sure what a jib is paulo but, if it's good, then I'll join you on board

The big Viduka and paulo123 like this.
  10. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I love that everyone seems to buzzing about him now! Honestly feel like this so the right appointment and will be a better choice than Eddie Howe would have been.

When someone knows it’s important to surround yourself with the best people and understands they don’t know everything but know these Orr are important, it’s quite rare and just makes me extremely optimistic.

kramer1 likes this.
  11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The Main Stream Media absolutely hate these 'Fan media Q and A's' because they are far more interesting than the negative, smart arsed main stream media press conferences. The sneering journo's in the tabloids will attempt to discredit the Fans Media meetings by producing articles that insinuate they are a bit of a joke. As with most main stream media bs, ignore it.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Started the presser in bad mood fact they have that * bankier talking first absolute arrogance aswell hate him so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peej and cat123 like this.
  13. AussieGreek

Dom mentioned that the media landscape is changing with the rise of fan media, etc.

MSM react negatively to it because they know they will be obsolete in the coming decade or so.

14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Exactly.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I honestly hope so..

Aye there's no way he's a bullshitter..

It may well go Pete Tong at some stage, there's no guarantees but I'm a lot more confident today after hearing him..

I've been saying how slow our team is for age's and all he keeps saying is a need to add pace and energy. Music to my ears. Wanted a 4-3-3 last year and that's his preferred formation. Wants out and out wingers who can beat a man. The clear gaps we have in the squad..

Could talk all day about how clear he was in how we're gonna be in our play, setup and philosophy. Hard graft as well..

Bring it on..

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

17. Crilly Hakuhna matata

We play our best football with pacey attacking wingers and I was buzzing when I heard him say it. Hopefully after a week or two of training with the team we start seeing a couple targets being brought in. No doubt he may be looking at some already but he said he wants to assess the team

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'm extremely excited to see what he can do.

Decided to read a bit more on what he done in Japan, and whilst people talked about him finishing 9th a lot, nobody seemed to focus on him winning the league.

The team he won the league with were a bottom of the barrel team, and he done it with style, dominating matches with, what I believe, was the third smallest budget in the league?

Can't remember where I read it from, but I think he mentioned how his style didn't work as well during the second season, and he changed it for the third, where they improved a lot and were 4th (with 3 games in hand) when he left.

I'm also extremely happy he has the choice on what happens with Kennedy and Strachan. Whilst I'd prefer we punt them, if Ange genuinely wants to keep them then fair enough, it's a lot better then both of them being forced on him.

We've been linked to a lot of players recently, and that means we're actively scouting, which was a worry I had before he arrived. I do think we'll still be a few players short for the Midtjylland game, but hopefully we give them a game.

Cannae wait until he knocks that cocky scouse * off his poarch.

JML67, craigtheceltic, VT8 and 7 others like this.
  19. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    AP was very impressive in his interview, saw in his face a couple of times him realising the magnitude of the club. Laughed at his comment about fans thinking he didn’t have much experience, think he answered well.

It’s early days but I have a positivity about Celtic for the first time in a while.

VT8, scuzzy, Rydo1888* and 4 others like this.
  20. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry

Yeah totally can't stick Bankier but was well impressed by Postecoglou and Dom even impressed a bit.

Bankier needs to GTF, he's overstayed his welcome.