1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The most entitled fan base in world football - based on absolutely * all.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Nah.

3. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    He'll need to score goals obviously, but it's also about his fit for the way Ange wants to play. He lead the Premier League in pressing and ball recoveries last season, he's fairly multidimensional being decent in the air, good at driving forward with the ball, able to pin defenders in the box, etc. He should be well suited to Angeball.

4. Lewis Kerr

They're too insistent on walking the ball into the net. We were guilty of it too at times under him (and still am really).

I don't get it, if you're in and around the penalty area or six yard box just * hit the thing. I guarantee teams would score 25% more goals if they did that rather than trying to score the perfect goal all the time.

Also, their wing options are still *. Son is class, but I feel like he's noticeably slowed down in the last year. Johnson, Kulusevski and Werner are all average/poor and often lacking in the final third.

Then there's Soloman and that Odobert they've just signed from Burnley - none of whom are anything special either, albeit they're younger with 'potential'.

It's no wonder they fluff chances when those are the guys trying to score/assist every week. That's without mentioning their flakiness at the back - Porro and Udogie are good going forward but not great defenders and play in a system that leaves them vulnerable.

If things don't improve for them by Christmas, I could easily see him getting the sack.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He was okay but should have scored 2. Poor in front of goal.

I think he’s a decent player but £65m is insane after one good season in the league. Thought that fee was a joke at first.

6. constant

Solanke is a good player and I have always rated him, but I would baulk at paying £55M for him, let alone rising to £65M as add ons. A 1-1 draw to Leicester is not the end of the world, but Ange would have been well within his rights to have expected to have collected all three points, especially after being so dominant in the first half, and they should have been out of sight really.

Lack of a cutting edge upfront is killing them, like it did at the tail end of last year.
    Timo Werner was a poor signing, and I was really surprised Ange went for him, he had been on a downward trajectory for a long while, and Son looks like he is beginning to burn himself out.

Solanke could still be the one to deliver for Ange, but maybe it is about time he gave this Spurs squad a real rollicking on and off the training pitch for being so wasteful.

They need it.

Pacific Ocean Blue likes this.
  7. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The manager can only control so much. Managers can set a team up, pick the players and implement a philosophy, strategy and tactics, which can generate good football and allow for players to create opportunities for that, and given the amount of opportunities that Spurs create, that speaks for what Ange has brought to that club.

Butr the manager cannot put the ball in the net. That always has and will solely be up to the players on the park.

Skelleto likes this.
  8. Cringer67

Love the man, but I’m afraid deserves all the flak inevitably coming his way after spunking £65m on Dominic effing solanke. Incredibly lazy and risky signing.

9. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    He needs more than a new striker, that team is pretty * compared to what a top 6 team should be. Wether he gets the players he wants or has to settle with that lot remains to be seen. They definitely dont have his ambition and really never ever have had any.

10. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    And £40m on Archie gray is a great signing for the future….but not for the now. And I feel that’s the worry for him there.

he’s planning for years to come but in the arena of death that is the English premier league…a few bad results and you’re gone. A “project” just doesn’t get the chance to exist there

11. themouth1888

Spurs should have been out of sight before Leicester scored but looking for the perfect goal.

He won't get long this season before he's under a tonne of pressure it's how the Premier league works.

The Prof likes this.
  12. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Think he should have signed that boy Toney we missed out on. Even with the baggage of the gaming stuff.

13. kenniemk2

Ten times the striker that solanke is aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Toney is a complete * by all accounts and not well liked

15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    If you got asked - would you take him back tomorrow? I would not. And i never thought i would say that a couple of months after he left. His teams are fantastic going forward but his defence always seem to get punished hard.

AdamRS and seamus1967 like this.
  16. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Same here.

Skelleto likes this.
  17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Totally agree.

Domestically he was unreal for us but total opposite in Europe.

Skelleto likes this.
  18. kenniemk2

This is true we would have conceded a lot more goals these past few domestic games if it was under ange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I didn't know that. Know he is quite confident/cocky but I like that in a striker.

20. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Spurs drawn against that lot in the Europa League. He knows the assignment.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2024
    JML67 likes this.