1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Reading between the lines it looked to be a bit of a dig at the board to me as well as the support..

He was saying everything and had words with people that he won't go public on. Was a proper meltdown after officially being out the fight for top 4..

As I say, I loved him here but I don't have any sympathy....is what it is. He's a certainty to get the bullet early next season at best..

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The very day he signed for spurs, not one of them ever posted here again. I miss @George Theodorou :56:

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was the best thing that's ever happened on here..

martin_d, Avatar Daizen, Cena and 8 others like this.
  4. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Some of them were really fun when they tried to talk fitba' tho, was like a pair of dugs talking astrophysics.

5. murphy88

See with all due respect, if the huns 2.0 weren’t in the league, our board would just spend less and less and we would fade away even further into European obscurity. Some folk don’t like hearing that, but that’s what would happen.

I don’t want the huns to ever lift another trophy though. If that meant us losing a game to Aberdeen etc when we are likely to remain in the same league position anyway, then so be it. If that makes me bitter, you better believe I am.

6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Loved him here but felt he left too soon after being given a huge opportunity to manage in Europe. Don’t have any sympathy towards him now and I’d imagine he’ll be questioning his decision to leave.

martin_d and NakamuraTastic like this.
  7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He knew what he was taking on when he joined spurs.

8. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Exactly mate ...joining a club with a ceo like peter lawell x1000

9. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    If it was me, I'd have stayed for one last automatic champions league crack and then effed off....and definitely not to spurs. Think he'd do better in Europe than England to be honest. Anyway...it is what is and meh from me too!

martin_d likes this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I didn't blame him for taking the job, more money and a better League, but there's always a price to pay.

Ange will never get what he had at Celtic, but that's me talking as a supporter, i get that there's other factors involved, just think he could've had another couple of seasons with us, genuine adulation from 60k supporters it's a helluva thing.

11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Let me try to persuade you:

What's are the values that lie behind that choice, mate? Genuine question. Presumably you are generally happier the higher we finish, so we can assume that taking the loss and finishing lower/ missing out on the CL hurts you as much as it hurts me. Logically, that means that hurting Rangers is a positive good for you. Am I right so far?

I can go part of the way with this BTW. I usually want Rangers to lose in Europe, even though it hurts the Scottish coefficient and that, in turn, means Celtic have to play more qualifying rounds. In my case, the reason I want them to lose in spite of that is because they would derive some status from winning the EL and this would see Celtic's status drop comparatively and so I prefer them to lose.

In the hypothetical example of Aberdeen, I would prefer Celtic to win, though. It's not that I wouldn't prefer Aberdeen to win the title (in fact, I'm old enough to remember rooting for Aberdeen wehen we finished 4th); it's that wanting Celtic to get the CL spot would massively outweigh that.

The interesting question is why we differ here.

12. murphy88

It’s really not as complicated mate. The long and short of it is this. If Celtic couldn’t win the league and were very unlikely to qualify for the CL, and we were playing Aberdeen who could beat the huns to the title, I’d want them to do just that. Reason being. I hate the orange * and would want them to get beat at tiddlywinks if they were playing that. If Celtic don’t win the league, in Scottish football it’s as good as last. In the overall scheme of things, the huns winning the league could have a negative impact over more years as well due to the financial gain they would get from guaranteed CL football. (All in this hypothetical scenario of course)

13. Bonobhoy

Yep.....If he stayed 1 more year and did us a Treble and well in Europe which would have been expected....Then this year in particular would have suited him...as in maybe going straight into the Liverpool job and that suiting him and the Fans all at once.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  14. Lewis Kerr

I doubt he'll be regretting his decision to leave at all. He just realised last night in real time the scale of his challenge and the fact he's managing a meme club.

If anything I think this will spur him on more. I'll be very, very surprised if he walks away. Now if he gets sacked that's another story. But Ange, like Rodgers, has a great PR team behind him. He'll waltz into another decent job in no time.

NakamuraTastic and TheHappyLoss like this.
  15. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Spurs fans are almost as weird as the Ibrox lot. They think they have a divine right to challenge for trophies, win hardly any, and rejoice when their more powerful rivals come up short.

Ange is probably realising this now.

Only the older generation are used to success and they're feeding it down the ages.

Celebrating yet another defeat like it was a win just because it may have stopped Arsenal winning the title is pretty lame stuff, especially when an actual win might have helped their slim chances of making the UCL.

Small wonder Ange is * off.

martin_d and Rydo1888* like this.
  16. Couscous

I'm here, mate. I, too, am looking for scraps of Theodorou wisdom.

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    They are polluting the spurs forum now lol

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    There's still a few around, I know @RalstonFanClubPresident and @AussieGreek still post on a regular basis.

They obviously caught the Celtic bug and would agree with me calling Ange a traitor :BR1:

AussieGreek, martin_d and NomDePlum like this.
  19. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    No Criminals allowed

AussieGreek, NakamuraTastic and Wllm like this.
  20. aussiehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    As an aussie who has been around for a bit longer than when Ange was first appointed...

Fk me you mob are a pretentious lot. A footballing 'backwater' that has qualified for more world cups in the last 2 years than Scotland have in 2 decades.

"oh yeah but if Scotland were in Asia we'd qualify every time too"

Yeah ok mate, your best striker grew up on the Gold Coast playing Aussie Rules and your best midfielder is a pom.