1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Would he hilarious if the move fell through now, though.

2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Would CCV want to go back there?

They basically passed him round clubs down there like a * joint. Not sure he would want to go back down there and work under the club again. That's not to say that he won't be courted by other teams down there, which we know he probably will be.

3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    * are you on about, look just * off its clear like a few on here today just want to have an argument with someone. I suggest you go moan at your Mrs, because aiming it at folk on a forum where naecunt gives a flying * really won't scratch yer itch.

Also i dinni do snide comments, if I was making a comment you'd know about it as I really don't mince my words.

thailandceltic likes this.
  4. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    The whole things infuriating. He's a fat snake, I hope its confirmed tonight and we can move on.

Darksel likes this.
  5. Martybhoy53

Trophy day was the giveaway. Him and his agent in conversation on the pitch probably chatting about the update on the Spurs job. He’s been shifty ever since. He may earn more money now but he will never again experience the adulation given to him by Celtic fans. We move on.

6. ddub11

Cray how some peole still fall for all that *,i * hate it the majority of them dont give a * about our club to them its a gateway to the epl.

Morcombe likes this.
  7. murphy88

I said the exact same thing about there not being an extension in one of my group chats the other day.

8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I don't want it go fall through.

I actually want him to get the move he wants and let's be fair, probably deserves and I hope he absolutely smashes it down there. For anything other than it shows their utterly deluded and self entitled fan base that Scottish Football has an abundance of talent.

I also hope it works out for him. Absolutely love him and I'm * gutted because I've never felt as much for a Celtic manager ever. The huge disappointment I feel probably isn't being directed properly. I thought he was completely different and I think the worst thing about it is, he's like every manager out there with no loyalty to anyone. That's fine, in essence. It makes him no different to any other manager but that's where my disappointment stems from. I thought he found what he had been searching for all this time and he found it with us.

Hey, it's over now. I'll keep a quiet eye on his scores from time to time. Just think he's made a massive mistake.

9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I do think a bit of perspective is needed when it comes to Ange…

He’s absolutely been a success for us and the rebuild he conducted was phenomenal. His record in the transfer market is also very strong, although it was arguable more ‘miss’ than ‘hit’ this season.

I’m not trying to diminish his achievements in any way, but I do feel as though we underperformed in Europe under Ange. The first season is a bit of a free hit, but his second season was disappointing on that front.

I rarely get annoyed at managers/players leaving, as long as they give their all when they’re here. I can understand people being annoyed at the recent comments from Ange in light of events though. Poor form, but probably didn’t expect a move to Tottenham to materialise.

Onwards and upwards. We’ve secured another treble, have a squad full of talented players (none of whom will be leaving for free/cheap if Ange comes for them).

The big uncertainty is who we replace him with, and I can understand the concern here. Ultimately though, there are talented managers out there who shouldn’t be outwith out reach; and some of them may even be better equipped to get us performing in Europe again.

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Been down this road with him before... Best ignored mate.. he's not very nice

Noskeil likes this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Aye getting that vibe from him lol

thailandceltic likes this.
  12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I absolutely agree with your very last sentence. He's not ready for the EPL- the level of opposition, the nasty players and agents. A year of extra European experience would have been helpful. I won't pile hate on him, I won't want him ruin, but I do think it'd be funny if he had to humbly come back here because that loon Levy had a change of heart.:biggrin:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye

Noskeil likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The big lesson I've learnt is that I need to be more in the know

Just read the last ten pages and I'm amazed at the information some of you guys have access too, from the wages he was offered here, to what he will be on at Spurs, being lined up by Leeds if they stayed up, and saying he wanted the Spurs job as soon as Conte went.

Well done guys, top sleuthing.

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @McGrory1888 will confirm mate board 100% blindsided by it literally pants pulled down and * skelpt

Noskeil likes this.
  16. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    FFS He got us 5 trophies in 2 seasons.
    Qualified for CL GS again.
    Brought in Kyogo.
    Overtook deadco trophy haul.
    Completed 8th treble.
    If he leaves it will be a blow but we will move on and thank him for good memories.
    Just need a new manager, if he goes, that will achieve good things in CL

17. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Just be thankful my Mrs doesn't watch the football, she could tell you the names, addresses, reason and conclusion of a RTA within 2 minutes of it being posted on facebook!

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

Noskeil likes this.
  19. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Ach it's life, no loyalty in football shocker. If he had been * we'd have bagged him quick enough. It's a way of life for us, but it's a job for all those in it

No point pishing our pants; move on, get a new manager sorted and get back to business.

20. wulliebad

This should put a end to rolling * contracts, we will get * all money from this * *. Lets be honest most mangers take a while to settle and build a team so what it the harm on giving them a 3 year contract anyway. Atleast the club would get something back from their investment every time EPL money came calling.