1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bonobhoy

If he sticks with us....as in the next few years.....I can honestly see him up there with Stein IMO.

Not talking about success, as its a different era of football but in terms of Domestic Success, Cup Success, European Credibility Back, Board and Fan Relations at an all time high etc etc.

I really want this guy to stay for a long time now. I get that he may want to test himself or might even get bored but it would be outstanding to have a manager here that gets it, is successful year in year out and just is Loyal like some players over the years (Henke and Broony)....To have a manager of this calibre stay here for the greatness of the club and cement himself in the same success as Jock and Co.

I cant believe most of Scotland ripped the * when we heard this guys name.....and now look......Near Legendary status already.

2. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    What does Alan Brazil have to say about Ange these days? Never forget his reaction to Ange’s signing.

3. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    Brazil was at the game yesterday.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Yeah saw him on the coverage and instantly thought of his comments when Ange signed.

The big Viduka and Gazzi79 like this.
  5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    How the * does that * get a ticket?

Should be nowhere near our games.

6. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    So did i. I think after Ange won the title for us Brazil said something good about Ange but I'm not exactly sure maybe it was someone else.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou handed Celtic fans another massive boost on top of their League Cuptriumph by insisting he’s going nowhere anytime soon.

The Aussie boss has been linked with a stream of jobs in England after his stunning success north of the border, where he picked up his third domestic trophy in a season and a half by beating Rangers at Hampden on Sunday. That success has only added to Postecoglou’s CV and will draw more admiring glances from the EPL, but the Celtic manager - while accepting that nothing lasts forever - is clearly in no hurry to up sticks.

Postecoglou said: “When people say ‘he’s going to go down the road or somewhere else with the first offer he gets’ it’s not how I’m wired, it’s not how I think. For me, what it’s about is just trying to leave a mark wherever I am. I have done that with every football club I have been at. I want to do that at this football club and that is all that consumes me. I don’t think about the next step or I need to go somewhere else or I need to do this or I need to consider other things.”

The former Australian national team boss admits he keeps his eyes and ears open when his name is linked with other clubs - as it has been with Leeds and Everton this season - but stresses Celtic fans need not be worried about that. He added: “You don’t go through life oblivious to it.

"It is not healthy to put the blinkers up and not know what is going on because that tests your desire to keep doing what you’re doing. If people are talking about my future or are interested in my future I will sit there and listen.

"It doesn’t mean I am going to jump at anything that comes my way. I am really passionate about what I do and the people close to me know what is most important to me, what drives me and what keeps me sort of happy in my role.

The former Australian national team boss admits he keeps his eyes and ears open when his name is linked with other clubs - as it has been with Leeds and Everton this season - but stresses Celtic fans need not be worried about that. He added: “You don’t go through life oblivious to it.

"It is not healthy to put the blinkers up and not know what is going on because that tests your desire to keep doing what you’re doing. If people are talking about my future or are interested in my future I will sit there and listen.

"It doesn’t mean I am going to jump at anything that comes my way. I am really passionate about what I do and the people close to me know what is most important to me, what drives me and what keeps me sort of happy in my role.

“You have either got to have extraordinary success or in rare circumstances a club sticks by you. Apart from that, everyone doesn’t last that long, I am going into my third year next year and I am going to keep doing what I am doing and not really worry about what other people see.

“I am hoping that over the course of time as long as I’m here - and I am still here even though people have been getting me out the door - all that I do when I am here is just be consumed by what I do and try to make this football club the best it can be and enjoy every minute of it.

VT8, Jeannie960, MickeyyMack and 7 others like this.
  8. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    The man has spoken. He’s not leaving until he makes a mark in Europe with Celtic and seriously enters the debate of all time best Celtic manager.

All the huns can continue to * themselves as we will win most things over the next few years while he’s here.

9. Slaw

The real cherry on top of a massive win that interview.

10. PaddyJamieson

Maybe I'm mental but that doesn't fill me with any more confidence :giggle1:

Just enjoying every day we have with the big man at the helm. Will count next season as a blessing and same with any more that follow.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  11. Sgt Neppers*

12. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Il enjoy every single waking moment under this guy he's a very special manager were so lucky to have him

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

Jeannie960 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  13. MAP

Yeah.

I can't but help think he really wants another crack at Europe with a team he has largely built. Particularly after seeing how we were able to go toe-to-toe with big teams for a good portion of games.

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    50 year contract please Mr Celtic.

15. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    I think he'll be here at least 2 more seasons. * loves the bloke

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  16. Couscous

Ahem, Melbourne Victory would like a word, Ange.

OziBeerMan and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  17. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I would say by that he wants more than one crack at it. He literally wants to leave a mark here, he wants to be able to walk around like all the club legends and be treated like they are. Opportunities don’t come around like this very often, he’s on his way to being a club legend, but he has two boxes to tick, longevity and Europe.

18. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Lol, he was begged to be national manager, he and Victory had no choice, he still left it in such a good position that Muscat was able to takeover and win.

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    What a guy.

His interviews are always bang on.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  20. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Cometh the hour cometh the man