1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RockhardBoss

I like the sound that we might be appointing someone with a tactical style that would suit being a dominant team.
    I'm also hopeful that we've actually appointed a DoF (although i see no reason why we couldn't announce it, if we have) and taking a recommendation of a head coach from him that would suit us as a club.
    Does anyone know what formations Ange likes?

2. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Don't get wins for possession though

Westlondonscot likes this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Snob/spoilt v happy clappers

Pick a side. Let’s go! :giggle1:

thailandceltic likes this.
  4. murphy88

Cheltenham were beating Man City in an FA Cup game this season until the last 10mins. * it, let’s get Michael Duff.

5. Slaw

If they simply wanted a Yes Man then Jack Ross, Callum Davidson or Paul Lambert would be in a job. He could well be another Ronny and not up to the task but at least they're thinking outside the box and not going for the aforementioned. What is the other alternative? Seriously?

6. anthony valletta

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom rogic
    I would be extremely surprised if he takes the job without bringing in his own staff….

craigtheceltic likes this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Of course. It’s a J league team v an almost full strength Man City team though. Look at the possession, shots at goal/on target etc. He clearly took the game to them.

8. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    “Get us to the GREEK” put Samaras as his assistant at least we can watch the Greek dance along the touch line when we score the entertainment of the touch line will be better that the football on the pitch :dancing:

9. murphy88

With the greatest of respect, a rebuild at Brisbane Roar or Melbourne Victory and a rebuild at Celtic is two completely different things.

thailandceltic and Seán Mac D like this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Plus we can legally smash plates off Silppys napper. What’s not to like?

bagforlife likes this.
  11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The strong hint that Postecolgou is a yes man comes from his connections with Manchester City's footballing enterprise. The same one where Lawwell's son is at. I can only hope that the board misjudged Postecoglou, and that he will be confrontational. I have little hope we will do well with him in the actual games.

12. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    The amount of positively about this in our media has alarm bells ringing straight away

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

13. murphy88

Thinking out the box. Give your head a shake mate. See this for what it is. They wouldn’t have gotten away with appointing Ross or Davidson. They are are trying to get away with a appointing a yes man because he is out of left field. The similarities between this and Deila are there in black and white. As I said in my previous post, some are trying to now convince themselves this is a good appointment.

oh bhoy likes this.
  14. VT8

Perceptions are hard to change which is very understandable, as I feel the Europeans are very football focused whereas the Aussies are definitely not. For example I'd also be going * if an Indian coach was appointed at Brisbane Roar (no offence to any Indians).

15. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Am I right in saying that I read last night that he has only spent 1.5 million on transfers in his career?

Did someone post that last night? I had a lot of beer!

16. Mr Cleansheets

Has it occurred to you that the board (yes this is a major stretch) might have targeted Ange because he has form for rebuilding?

It's doing my head in constantly reading comments from people who know nothing about the guy who assume he'll be a yes man. Seriously...NO. He won't come to Celtic unless he believes he has control, and the instant he decides he doesn't, he'll be gone.

This is a guy who has waded into pro clubs and the Oz NT (Golden Generation) and said: you...on yer * bike!

He's disrupted complacency, rebuilt squads and won titles everywhere he's gone.

The big Viduka likes this.
  17. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

A city team who are in pre season against a team halfway through theirs

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

C57CB72B-188F-447E-8EC7-3DCAF27A847E.png
    Possession, shots at goal and passing accuracy just a wee bit different though :giggle1:

Slaw likes this.
  19. murphy88

As I’ve said, a rebuild at Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory are a far cry from a rebuild at one of the biggest clubs in the world. I watch plenty Australian football, and I can tell you right now, the standard is *.

20. murphy88

I couldn’t give two * about possession and shots in a friendly game mate. I was saying it more in jest because we shouldn’t be trying to justify bringing in a manager because his team had good stats in a nothing game against Man City.