1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Walker on Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hailhailtal, Nov 21, 2006.

Discuss Andy Walker on Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bratfurdbhoy1

Stop being paranoid- sometimes our emotions get the better of us- if any media ahs a go at Lennon- I just cant wait till he tells them to take a good * to themselves, but I think Lenny is fly enough to do this when no one is around so we wont be any wiser! But I am sure he will put the media in their place regardless if we rightly/wrongly think that they back the hun!
    The huns actaully think that the D Record is a Tim paper- serious this!

2. Rosleabhoy

3. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Looks like lenny hit back, and fair enough he has to stand up for his team.
    Fact of the matter is, Andy Walker made some very valid points and had every right to voice his opinion as has Lennon. But any talking should be done on the pitch and not to ex-players or the media

4. Rosleabhoy

Best to stay tightlipped, deliver the title and then celebrate. Ignore outside influences

5. tic for life

well the next 10 months will see who is right lenny or walker only time will tell

6. tim park

Lennon slates former celtic players

niel lennon was talking to channel67 and wasent slow at slating former celtic players who gave his team a hard time in the newspapers after the defeat to braga

lennon got ripped in to the former player/s ,he dident hold back in his disgust at the way the former players take all the hospitality celtic offer them ,they say hello to you while plotting a scathing story beind your back..lennon said its not on i will not stand for that..lennon said his team played well on wednesday but the former player wrote that celtic were rubbish and said that lennon must have been watching a different game to him ,lennon replied ,,i must have been watching a different match because his take on the game is a different game..the former player also gave scott brown a hard time but lennon was quick to defend his powerhouse midfielder..the former player said brown is slow at getting back to defend when infact the match clearly showed that brown was the only midfeiler chasing back at times.

lennon was also accused of teling lies ,lennon said preseason that he wants scottish and irish players to join celtic but the former player wrote in the news paper that lennon is signing mexicans,asians and europeans...lennon quickly rhymed off 4 scottish and irish signings that he signed..lennon said hes talking rubbish,

channel67 interview

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010
  7. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    good on him.easy for them to sit and slag the job he's doing.hes not been in the door 5 minutes and there getting the cheap shots at him.

8. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Good on ya Lenny! i'm sick of these ex-players who call themselves fans when all they do is run the club down. Ever heard of loyalty?

9. tim park

do yous want to see the interview "daft question i know"..il go set it up..hang about here ill give you the "new tictalk " link when i set it up

10. kennydal

Threads Merged.

11. jcwelsh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WILLIE MALEY
    <o:p> </o:p>Lennon should have left this article alone. It was an opinion that is all. I reckon it gong to bring the circus to town now.

My own believes to it all, well......

The only bit of the article I thought was crap was the bit when he says

“Look at the signings. Before I went on holiday bla bla bla, I came back and there was a Mexican, a Korean and they signed an Israeli last week. I doubt whether those players were at the top of his radar. It is a dangerous message to send out that the Celtic manager is not in control.”

Former Celtic striker Andy Walker critical of manager, players and board after Celtic

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CNicola%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> This is what * Lennon off as it comes out that he is not in control of the team, hence the reason he had to hit back.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    The rest of it kind off goes in line with how many of our fans feel TBO.
    I don’t think Braga should be any better a team than we are, hence the reaction when we got them in the draw.
    I also don’t give a * if Walker played for us or not, the fact that he did should have no bearing to weather he is a traitor or not. He has an opinion and spoke out to how he feels. If Lennon didn’t like it then fair enough, he has that right to come out and try and defend it.
    He must know though by doing so that he has opened the door to all comers because people are going to make opinions to what he defends to what he bypasses.

12. Rosleabhoy

There is slot worse said on here by "fans"

13. tim park

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010
  14. Mr. Slippyfist

Andy Walkers article will be tomorrow's fish and chip paper...who gives a * what he thinks.

15. liamc1

Fav Celtic Player:
    dixie deans
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the celtic song
    guys like walker nicholas burley especially and provan so called ex celtic players short effin memories never heard the saying dont wash your dirty linen in public dont see ex huns slagging there team

16. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    At least they're keeping it in house and not giving it to some hun newspaper who will exploit it to the full.

17. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Some of our fans buy, and, more importantly, are influenced by these papers, guys like Walker know this which is why they should be careful what they say. The papers try to whip these gullable fans into a frenzy and it all creates a negative attitude towards Lennon+the players and also helps spread pessimism throughout the support.

18. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing

i agree walker is * nicholas is a * provan is a *(awrite sometimes) burley biggest * of all.

but the ex rangers players big up that cub even when they are playing so * * example: butcher on stv last year rangers were getting humped left right and centre in the champions league. but he still thought they had a good chance of going through and were playing well. he ate a lot of humble pie when they went out.

19. Padraig1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song
    Its their * job firfucksake. If Celtic are pish then they have a right to say so. Celtic dont pay their wages anymore however when they did all three gave 100% ( not including Burley) , unlike half the Celtic team we have now. Get the blinkers off. How anyone can call Davie Proven a * is beyond me. He was a great Celtic player and deserves respect as does Charlie Nic who admittedly does talk some pish.

20. Markybhoy

That's a bit naive. It's almost certain that there are journalists with accounts on this site so they can see what Celtic fans are saying.