1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Rojas

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Jun 29, 2024.

Discuss Andy Rojas in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Herediano's vice-president says the club would want £4m for Costa Rica forward Andy Rojas and that he expects plenty of European interest in the 18-year-old for whom Celtic have been linked with a £900,000 move. (The National)

Not sure of hes at it but says they have an offer from Portugal already... I'll be absolutely shocked stunned and amazed if he ends up here

Big Shoes likes this.
  2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bonkers man, it's left me with not a scooby how much the boy's actually worth. Suppose it's better to just ignore all the rumour and see how it pans out.

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yeah, the article I read in full seemed to claim the 4 million was a bit OTT but as he said they have interest from Europe and a bid, so I wouldn't be very hopeful

4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye wouldn't be holding my breath. Not arsed either way if I'm honest, whatever happens happens.

5. kenniemk2

* Costa Rica goalkeeper is in the third tier in Spain that’s the level of some of the players in that country how on earth his club can demand 4 m they will be left with nothing on the table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McChiellini.. likes this.
  6. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    £4m out of nowhere, probably did their due diligence on us, saw we paid £3.75m for that diddy Bernabei and thought they’ll try it on.

7. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    It's the same brazen front hibs would make whilst accepting half that

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I see he's saying another bid is in but refuses to name the club. I think yer man is at it

9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic tranfer target Andy Rojas has had a second offer made for him, in news confirmed by the sports director at his current club in Costa Rica.

And Rojas' club Herediano have hinted they are now prepared to sell their top talent.

The youngster helped his club win the Costa Rica Super Cup at the weekend when he scored in a 1-1 draw with Deportivo Saprissa before they went on to lift the trophy after triumping in a penalty shootout.

Celtic have been monitoring the 18-year-old, who played in the Copa America before returning to his homeland club, with Brendan Rodgers yet to add to his champions since the opening of the summer transfer window.

Herediano have previously claimed to have rejected one firm offer from an unnamed Portuguese club for Rojas, who is valued at around £900,000 and also has interest from teams in Spain and Belgium.

And sports director Robert Garbanzo has revealed interest in their star talent has been ramped up, after the Super Cup triumph

We have now received two formal offers for Andy. I am not going to say the names of the club. We hope to make the best decision for the club, both financially and sportingly for Andy. In fact, the reason Andy was included in the squad for the Final so soon after the Copa America was for his benefit.

It was a showpiece game played at the National Stadium and the ideal way to show off his many talents. The game showed the talents of an 18-year-old kid to the world

Rojas scored eight goals in 29 starts for his club last season and netted his first international goal for his country last month in a World Cup qualifier against St Kitts and Nevis.

10. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Andy fae Costa Rica