1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

All-Ireland gaa championship 2014

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jozo The Provo, Mar 29, 2014.

Discuss All-Ireland gaa championship 2014 in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    No bitterness what so ever nor confusion.. I have already posted pictures of last years semi and final were the "Dublin only" hill had Dublin and Cork and Mayo fans on it... :86: You stated it was Dublin only.. wrong.

Dublin v Mayo in Croker Saturday 23,000 att, what percentage would you say were Dubs?? It makes sense to house Dubs in the Hill when they are playing..not "Dublin only" but it will be mostly Dubs.. it's not rocket science..

The hill will always be associated with Dublin for obvious reasons but it is not "Dublin only". One of the most famous terraces in the world, deal with it....:bbpd:

2. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

I really do not know how many Dublin fans were at the game on Saturday. Believe it or not I have better things to worry about than the make up of the Dublin attendance. It was a dublin dome game so the are entitled to an area they want for their own supporters.

However your point has illuminated another way Croke Park and the GAA pander to dublin. Why do Dublin get to play their home games at Croke Park. We are told come championship time that Croke Park holds no advantage for dublin as it is a neutral ground and parnell park is dublins home ground. Yet how often do dublin play competitive games at parnell park.

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Parnell park holds 11000 and the demand for last Saturdays game was 23,000, work it lad :86: You don't have to worry about Dublin Att. to figure that one out.:87: I'll give ya a hint, "supply and demand"

Have you an alternative to Croker for Dublin to play in because Dubs any where else in Leinster does not work? Most counties in Leinster play in Croker during the championship and I am sure if you ask any GAA player where they would rather play, Croker or say Aughrim I reckon the answer would be Croker.

Croker never seemed to be a problem before Dublin started winning again, it seems it's a major advantage now we are winning championships again, shocker.. and that is something ya better get used ta :bbpd:

4. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Why have Dublin the smallest capacity ground in Ireland? Dublin have the richest county board yet cannot a ground to cope with demand. Why only mention the Mayo game when Kerry, Cork and Kildare were also played at Croke Park? The answer to this is Croke Park is given to them as a home ground.

It is a major advantage that rubbish teams could not take advantage. If you think this has not been spoke before now then it is because you have not listened. Yes most teams would rather play Croke Park but the problem is Dublin get to use it as a home ground. A fair solution would be for Dublin to build themselves a proper stadium that can cater for their home matches.

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    So you want another stadium built in Dublin, get a grip will ya.. The countries on it is * and you want another stadium built so the big bad Dubs won't have a slight advantage in an * sport..If it was such an advantage how come Dublin have won * all since 1995??

Its a game of 15 men against 15 men weither its played in Croker or some field in Athenry the best team tends to win..

6. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Because they lack talent.

Only an idiot believes that playing at home does not give a team the edge. This is why we have the phrase "home advantage"

Every other county can afford a ground to cater for their home crowds. Dublin could easily have afford to expand their capacity during the celtic tiger era.

7. Cliftonville

I think Dublin should have the vast majority of their games in Croke Park, it makes it all the more sweeter when they inevitably get whooped.
    The hill goes empty with 15mins of the game left :smiley-laughing002:

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yes we had a lack of talent back then and now we have an abundance of it....:86: Thanks for highlighting that

There is a reason why Dublin are the Leinster champions, League Champions, All Ireland Champions and the Club All Ireland Champions are from Dublin... I'll tell ya what it is cause only an idiot as you put it would think it is because where they play... Dublin at this present time have the best players and most talented squad to chose those players from..:50:

I know some of the Dublin lads and they work their bollix off all year round and Im sure victory is even sweeter to them when they read comments from detractors like you...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    There ya go that's the spirit...:50:

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Again you are taking absolute nonsense here lad and you have obviously never been to Parnell Park.. There is no possible way because of it's location it could extend it's capacity for numerous reasons..:87:

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Round ya Tyrone :56:

12. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Curry is the worst keeper I've seen in my life even worse then savage James mccarteys goal will be goal of the season

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He is * shocking...:38: Very pleasing win especially as I was surrounded by seething Nordies calling me a Free State * :56: Dermo Connolly is the best player in Ireland at the moment. Gonna be a great game against Cork..

14. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Yeap 1st game of the season for me can't wait will stevo be back or his he suspended till the end of the league

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Think he is back for the Cork game

16. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    It's getting boring playing * the 1st half and then destroying them second half anyways bring on Londonderry up the dubs

17. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Jackeen *.

18. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Actually think derry will beat us having a super league champaign

19. Paddy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Hope Derry can beat the dub *