1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexandro Bernabei

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jun 30, 2022.

Discuss Alexandro Bernabei in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

He was poor yesterday and gave the ball away far too much. Despite that, I think it’s too early to judge him. The inverted full back role would have been foreign to him when he arrived and it’s usually when he goes central that he struggles. Looks more comfortable out on the touch line.

Needs more time and minutes. Showed enough glimpses to see there is a player in there.

You could argue though that for 3.75m, we could have got a more ready made LB.

martin_d likes this.
  2. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think he just needs a run of games. The criticism of him on here is harsh.

G40B, Dan Breen, martin_d and 3 others like this.
  3. PaddyJamieson

He's a weird one. Has some clear excellent qualities but is just rash and error prone. Seems to struggle in pressure environments too.

I trust he'll come good, but could take til next season for him to really find his feet.

4. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He won't get a run of games due to his performances. Taylor has been 1 of our best players this season so he'll be straight back in as soon as he's fit

5. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    I think the conditions were a factor yesterday, he looked like he was thinking 'what the * am I doing here?' :56:

Bags of potential, he will come good.

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. Big C

The criticism hasn’t been harsh, he was absolutely brutal yesterday and single handed my nearly lost us the game. However, as previously posted, he does need game time and should be utilised every game even for 15mins. The problem he has, along with many others, is we need to win every single game and that stifles the opportunities he’s likely to get in the short term.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He has levels in him but he is a noticeable downgrade on GT3 currently who is now a vital cog in our side.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm really not seeing it. Few nice touches here and there but he was getting rinsed for fun by the Killie winger yesterday. Hope he proves me wrong.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  9. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Agree with you there, however, we need to give Bernie a run for as long as possible and if that means not rushing Taylor back then make it so. There’s no point getting Taylor rushed back in only to injure himself in another big game and have an underprepared Bernie on the bench.

This run of games is about getting Bernie into a position that he can start or come on in any game, at any time and be ready to perform. This is crucial development for him.

Ryanm1984 and NomDePlum like this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Taylor has a slight hamstring strain thats supposed to keep him out 2 weeks. Not like he's returning from a leg break or ligament tear.

We've got a league title to defend and need our best players on the pitch. On another day Bernie's positioning and half hearted attempts to cut out crosses could have cost us on Saturday. We can't afford to keep Taylor on the bench in the hope Bernie comes good.

Can't believe I'm saying this about Taylor either. What a transformation from the lad.

11. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I like him tbh. He has been hot and cold but he have alot of fire in his belly and i like that. He will come good :50:

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I’m not advocating for Taylor to be on the bench unnecessarily, I’m advocating not rushing Taylor back which results in further injury. Our record hasn’t been great of late with hamstring injuries, so let’s not turn 2-3 weeks into 2 weeks plus another 8 weeks.

88jimmij88 and Liam Scales like this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He's doing reasonably well, considering.

Taylor has stepped it up this year, much like Ralston last year. He's a solid and dependable option - though Taylor for me isn't the long term answer to take us up levels.

Bernabéi has the potential to be better and go further, but he struggles with the usual young lad, first time leaving home, travel half way across the world, situation that a lot of players can naturally go through

He also isn't helped by injury, or the fact we can't overly afford him starting time to ease in to a run of games just yet.

He should come good later in the season and for the start of next season. He's got bags of potential and already can see him working well in an attacking sense.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

14. Pearse67*

I actually wouldnt be averse to playing him left wing, only thing is its an area we are strong with jota, maeda, haksabanovic all excelling in that position.

15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Like others have said I think he's still struggling to adapt to the system. I'm sure Ange has said in the past full back is the hardest position for players to get to grips with in our system. The clips I watched of him before he signed were pretty much win the ball then go for a run with it up the park, he's now being asked to make intricate passes through midfield instead of his normal instict to take players on. So the jury is still out for me, I expect it may take him until next season before we see the best of him. I just hope he he settles enough into the role to at least be useful cover for the rest of this season, which I'm not seeing at the moment.

88jimmij88 likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye the inverted role doesn't look natural to him, understandably..

There was a home game recently where he was inside a few times, back to goal and he was getting robbed of it from panicky, loose first touches..

He looks a player that likes to keep the width and drive the outside. No in as much..

I'd still like to see him get a loan in our league where he can play every week and get used to the pace and conditions of our game. Probably unlikely with no backup but we do have players that could fill in there..

17. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    He'll be getting used to the weather too. Buenos Aires has hot rainy summers and mild fairly dry winters. The conditions on Saturday would have been more challenging for him than most.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  18. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Normally I'd agree, but I don't think a loan will help in this case. It's the system he's struggling with and nowhere he goes to on loan will have him playing that style, so while it may help his confidence in the short term once he tries to fit into our side again it'd be back to square one for him

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Fair point..

When Taylor's back he isn't gonna get much game time though. I do agree about the system but I feel like he needs to go and adjust to the league at the very least..

He won't do that if he's only getting a few games here or there or off the bench..

Lupis likes this.
  20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I get what you are saying, I just think he's actually going to gain more from training in the system we play consistently than playing games in a different style elsewhere. The South American leagues are pretty physical so I don't think that side of things here are going to be new to him anyway. The pace of the game maybe, but the players regularly say they train at a higher tempo than the opposition teams play so again I think he'd benefit more from staying than going. But time will tell.

McChiellini.. likes this.